Trinity RPG - Jake Danger; Aberrant Hunter

Avenger

Could someone please fill me in on this guy? As we've recently found out, he is in fact Danger Ace of Adventure! fame. This has certainly piqued my interest. Unfortunately, I only own Aurora Australis, the core Trinity book, and the Psi Order book, so I'm a little sketchy as to exactly who Jake Danger is and what he does. If someone knows, could they 'fess up, and maybe tell me what books to find it in so I can pick them up next?

--Avenger

------------------

"Don't try to run, you son of a bitch. You'll just die tired."

avengingcrusader@hotmail.com

Hey ho Avenger, bit sketchy on ma Trinity stuff, thats Ranger and Shoestring's department where i hail from, but far as I know he is only mentioned as a holovid character, and only in that one place. So perhaps he aint around in Trinity but WAS around circa 2061? Cue Ranger's response:

------------------

Bast protect us all.

Nothing really to say about him. "Jake Danger: Aberrant Hunter" is a popular TV show in the Trinity timeline. I assume that the lead characters actor is actually the guy mentioned in Adventure.

Why he is doing the show is beyond me, perhaps its a cover for his actual Aberrant hunting? (or somthing more sinister?) The show is shot on location all over the world (its set in 2121) and off world too so maybe there is something to that?

Nothing really much else in the books about it.

He's from page 5 of Trinity Field Report: Media

Odd thing is, he's depicted as a fictional character there. "Jake Danger: Aberrant Hunter" is the name of a weekly vid series from Eclipse Media. (Seems to be broadcast rather than downloaded - air times are mentioned.) The title role is portrayed by an actor named Ellis Anson. The IRL model for Ellis Anson's pic is the same guy who posed for the Jake Stefokowski pic.

I see three possibilities:

1) Somebody at WW dropped the ball on a miniscule detail. It happens. In this case I'd make Ellis Anson the 120 year old love-child of Manfred VonZorbo and your favorite bimbo.

2) The Eclipse Media series is based on a person of the same name - Ellis Anson was cast in the role partly because of a physical resemblance to Jake Stefokowski. If this is the case, we can assume that the "real" Danger Ace has a fully tricked out hardtech hybrid. Mecha-phillics might even make it a Veritech knock-off.

3) Stefokowski has taken up an acting career using the screen name Ellis Anson. After two hundred years, he's decided to branch out from aviation and being a vid star seemed like a good way to get chicks.

• 9 months later...

in adventurer for danger ace's bio they mention that during aberrant he is a hero for hire type. that aberrant hunter thing.

he is the ultimate pilot basically, a daredevil who can fly (and land) a washing machine with wings.

also he has death defiance a knack that lets you come back to life a scene later as long as you "died" off screen. the way indiana falls off cliff and is swingin on a vine.

this also implies he has a willpower of eight.

while we are on the subject mentions of a character answering to dixon being alive in aberrant exist in the player's guide.

Archived