Aberrant RPG - Bodymorph/Shapeshift etc. and Extras

Zac

Since Bodymorph’s limit is level 2, you can only have an extra on a power if it doesn’t make it level 3 or above. So for most characters that limits it to level 1 powers with extras making them level 2, although with ST permission you might be able to do something funky with weaknesses. You can also take one technique out of a level 3 suite power (again, with ST permission). The specific example in the book is a gal who has three or four dots of “Storm”.

For an extreme exception, if you have Q6 then a level 2 power with an extra is still a level 2 power.

Shapeshift is different since it doesn’t really have a corresponding limit… however I would guess from your example that it both will and will not work. Let’s assume for the moment that your ST will allow you to shift into Density Increased and Density Decreased objects (I wouldn’t but that’s just me). You can’t shift into both of them at the same time, so you’d have to Shift into one (costing 3 q) and then later make a different shift into the other (also costing three q).

Quote:
Shapeshift is different since it doesn’t really have a corresponding limit… however I would guess from your example that it both will and will not work. Let’s assume for the moment that your ST will allow you to shift into Density Increased and Density Decreased objects (I wouldn’t but that’s just me). You can’t shift into both of them at the same time, so you’d have to Shift into one (costing 3 q) and then later make a different shift into the other (also costing three q).
But i could use DD to dodge attacks and DI to attack, couldn't I?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zac:
Quote:
But i could use DD to dodge attacks and DI to attack, couldn't I?
Not simultaneously. As a ST, I don't allow a player with Shapeshift to take both DI and DD at the same time - it makes no sense. The extra just allows you to use both, but I don't believe that you could use them at the same time.

Archived