Aberrant RPG - Aberrant Compendium

Blue Thunder

Our ST, with the assistance of the whole group, spent four nights taking a blunt axe to Personalities and the Compendium, altering and changing certain aspects of some effects and completely doing away with others. The problem is that some of this stuff is put together without proper consideration of other powers and abilities.

Mind you, WW are just as guilty of that as anyone: Anyone else here remember the 1st Edition WoD games?

Procyon - in many ways, Aberrant suffers all of the problems of those 1st Edition WoD games (not all that surprising, as it is a 1st Edition of a new genre for White Wolf).

That said, I'd be interested in seeing what your ST and troupe wound up hashing out with regard to Forceful Personalities.

I finally got it to work ^^

Personally, I found everything in Forceful Personalities to be exceptionally good, surpassing any expectations I had...except for the UBER-MUNCHIE EXTREME Kolstov Academy. Like most people, I ignore that part completely. Every character in the academy is a 200+ nova point nova. And then there's a sentient macaque, despite it being fairly clear that animals cannot manipulate quantum. I'm actually a little confused how everyone else working on the project didn't point out how munchie it was to the person that made the academy.

I think the Eon stuff is actually pretty good but they tend to write to the idea of the Aeon Continuum rather than to the Aberrant World. As an arcing source book covering A!, AB and TR its not as blatant as it seems. It's only when viewing it from the lens of only the AB world most of us are playing in that it seem over the top.

If you labeled certain sections as A! optional, AB optional, TR optional; it would work pretty well. The Academy would get recast as part of a conglomeration of lost world exiles and everything would be tweaked to the idea of Talluric Energies. The AB age academy would be a power group whose origins are legendary and lost in the mists of the past, while in TR it would be a place of learning and mystery.

Its all in the editing.

Archived