Aberrant: 2011 - Concert in Benefit.

Alessa Neri

"Whoo!" Kara laughed, earning some envious glares from other party-goers. Smoothing down her white, strapless dress and still laughing, she stepped through the portal-

And it felt like she stepped through the looking glass, too. Alessa was holding a small woman with native features, who was turning toward Kara with a mixture of dread and anger in her features. That wasn't quite what she'd expected; Kara had heard no rumors about Alessa being bi or lesbian. But she and the small girl were fulfilling the dyke/fem stereotype with all their might. And Connor looked strangely tense.

"Hi," Kara said, nodding to him. She waved to Alessa and said, "Hey, Alessa good to see you again." And to the unknown woman, she said, "I'm Kara B'nath. It's nice to meet you."

"Maybe," the woman said, flashing her something that would have been a smile had there been fewer teeth involved. "I'm on the boards too. Coyote."

The temperature in the room plummeted.

WArning Warning Danger Will Robinson Danger!!!! He winced inwardly as re remembered the interaction between Kara and Karrie on the boards. Smooth move Connor, you have gone from the frying pan into the core of the sun.

Connor stood there silently, praying inwardly that things wouldn't devolve into a catfight right then and there. Yet some small part of him thought about how wild that would actually be.

They wouldn't invite me to join anyway I'd just have to sit and watch.

The emotional temperature in the room went to stone cold, Alessa could feel the air thicken and everyone tense up at the same time. uh-oh...quick! think of something

"Ah...eh...Kara! Haven't seen you in a long while, this is Karen Dinaeh, she is my head technician for this show. She is a wiz with all this electrical and technology stuff, I barely know how to check my OpMail..." Alessa tried to laugh it off, this much tension in a room was NOT good, for anybody.

"Karrie, you asked me about the light shows, right? I figure that if Law is going to present himself here, he will say he does not need a light show, and you know the one I'm using it's only to enhance mine...so, go crazy on the invited bands?"

Thinking fast on her feet was one of Alessa's foremost features, but right now it was like her brain was frozen and had simply given up.

"Damn. Okay, can you do mandalas?" Crap, what a way to mishear someone. So smooth, so polished...

"Hey! Have an idea if you're interested. My parents are letting me crash at their house up in San Diego. If you want, I could find room for the both of you to crash. Maybe even get an after-party going? I've got plenty of room, and there's a few people I need to kick out anyway.

"And actually, I remember you saying something on the forum about being part of the Teragen. I'd like to hear more, but I wanna wait until after your part of the concert. Kahu Ahi Pele, right?"

Emerald languidly licks a few beads of sweat off her upper lip before replying.

"Don't put yourself out ... we decide to show up at your place and we'll throw the people out for you. Save you the hassle," she says with a predatory and throaty tremor.

She eyes Pele with a hint of confrontation ... like she loves a challenge. Teasingly, she adds,

"You are going on before Alessa Neri. Make them forget that."

"Oh hey, no sweat! Tell you guys what: It looks like some of my crew headed back for an after-party anyway, so I'll tell them to get more food and some nova-friendly supplies. I can clear them out, no prob. Gods, I love expense accounts!"

"And now the fun part: to spread the word. Any people I should avoid for a party? There's no chance I'll run into that Alps-Trauma guy here at the concert, right?"

Pele almost could feel the laughter building up, but he resisted in order to avoid hurting Mellow. "A Mandala? Well.....I can try, but I don't do colorful very well. When the main reactionary goes from orange, to red to blue, the color scale is very very limited."

"Ha, of course they will be mouth agape and forgetting somebody else is going to be out there after me once I'm finished, nothing get's the audience going like a good fireworks show." Pele grinned, winking at Emeralda.

Pele did a bold move, and put his arm around Emeralda. "But that after-party sounds good, but I think Neri mentioned one for the whole show, maybe after that one? I mean it's not like we need a lot of sleep." Pele popped another piece of fruit into his mouth "How about you two, up for a party?"

Mellow broke into laughter, after slapping his forehead. "Oh, man, I can't win! I forgot about the color range. Sorry, man, just kinda ignore me and do what you wanna do. No matter what, it'll impress me because I've never seen an actual nova-powered fire dance before."

"Oh, so Alessa Neri has one going too? Okay, cool! If you all don't mind, I'm going to hunt her down and try to coordinate something. I'll keep an eye out for when you hit the stage. And hey, it was nice meeting you, Pele and Emerald." To Pele, "I'm gonna get out of your hair and let you concentrate on your show." To them both, "I'll see you at the party!"

At that point, he took off in search of Alessa, who had to be down at her own concert by now.

Funny, I'd always pictured this conversation happening with her wearing less clothing. It was true that Karrie had long hoped to crash one of Kara's movies with her band of like-minded band of fem-valkaries. She'd planned to give the nova a piece of her mind while her crew had chanted and waved signs in front of the cameras to disrupt filming. Some of her lecture would have to be dropped because of circumstances. Some of it.

"Maybe," Karrie said, flashing her something that would have been a smile had there been fewer teeth involved. "I'm on the boards too. Coyote."

She watched the smile fall away from the other woman's face, and goodness, it was a pretty face. Also, it was no different than her broadcast image, and Karrie filed that away for later. "Are you here with Mech, or were you planning a floor show?"

Esmeralda leaned into Pele as his arm took her in. She was more than a bit sorry to see Mellow leave. He was a really nice guy and she felt a profound attraction to his presence, but right now she wanted someone who was aggressive ... like the Fire God standing next to her.

"Partying sounds good. I'm here for more than the fine looking young men, after all."

Emerald looks at Pele coming closer to him.

"Light them up out there, but save something for an encore."

"But of course." Pele leans into Emerald and plants his lips on hers, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "Hope you enjoy the show."

Not waiting for her reaction, Pele took a small leap and created what could only be taken as a snowboarding board out of pure fire, he mounted it on his leap and took of towards the stage, giving it a spin or two, doing aerial skateboard tricks which were only half as awesome on his mind, no chance of falling invalidated a lot of the risk on the tricks.

Landing himself on the stage, Pele took up a stray mic that Mellow had left before him. "Ok California! I don't sing, and I don't do feel good motivation speaking, I came here to give you a firework show!" Pele punctuated his annuoncement by pointing his hand upwards into the sky and shooting a long coiling snake of blue fire, which explodes into red and orange fire cracker like embers, raining like snow flakes and extinguishing before reaching the ground.

Pele looks around himself, at the crowd excited about the show and inhales deeply, breathing out fire across the stage, leaving on it's wake a bunch of geometrical figures of fire. Each one lifting from the ground and morphing it's shape, all of them turning into a big fire hoop, which quickly is turned into a Möbius strip.

The strip collapses on itself and grows forming into the shape of a heart. "This one is out for all of you ladies who have a thing for the Kahu Ahi right now."

Mellow turned the corner and began setting up plans for an after-after-party. As he expected, Soundspider DJ had retired, not being much for social occasions at all, and he was stuck with his crew trying to get the soberest of the bunch to get nova quantities of food and good-nova-quality brew.

She was his girlfriend, the voice whispered. Mellow looked around; no one was speaking in his general direction.

You need time and focus, young one. The voice sounded like Kung-Fu-era David Carradine. You need to learn to listen to my guidance, to rock with the waves and dance with the winds. Then they will all love you, and you will never be alone again. The party is good, and letting them know that you acknowledged their relationship was another. In time, I will not need to tell you these things.

Mellow thought, Who are you? There was no reply.

Alessa looked around the room, Kara and Karen were practically snarling at each other, and Connor was basically frozen in spot. So much for a knight in shining armor, eh Connor?

Alessa hated to do this, but this would be the only way to do it. "Ok people, calm down!" she pumped out the Quantum, she knows she is not supposed to do this before a concert, draining her reserves, but the situation needed being diffused.

The invisible energy flowed from Alessa's body and into the bodies of Kara, Karrie and Mech, simmering down their feelings to an apathethic level, keeping them managavle. After that, came the physical part of the calming down.

Focusing her quantum powers on her voice, she once again asked. "Both of you, calm down. Karrie you are the head technician of this show, act professional or you WILL get canned."

Turning to Kara, Alessa looked at the Haitian decent woman, and shone in all her quantum glory. "Kara, you are a guest in this show, so far you have acted correcly but I would prefer it if neither of you were in contact, at least during the concert. In the after party you can eviscerate each other if you want."

Alessa cut off the Quantum supply in a second and glared, not a dagger but probably the equivalent of a rail gun sniper, at Connor. "I'm going to go to make-up now, I'm up after Pele and I don't know when he will be finishing his show."

As in on Cue, a big blast of flames shone through the control room windows. "There he is, now I'm off to makeup, play nice boys and girls."

[OOC: Parts in Bold mean Alessa is using The Voice Mega-Manip enhancement, the comment about Shining in all her quantum glory means she is using Awe-Inspiring.]

to: hero@nprime.net

subject: Hey! smile

Hero,

I'm in LA right now, but I'm not sure how, when, or where to find you. I could be pretty much anywhere in the area in about fifteen minutes, so when you get a minute, lend a girl a hand? smile

Hugs,

Brittany

to: liberteen@nprime.net

subject: re:Hey! smile

LA? I'm already in San Diego, over the Stadium. I don't fly that fast, so I came down early. I'm over gate ... 23 right now. Do you want me to fly back and meet you half way on the '5', or would it be easier for you to meet me here. Sorry for the mix up. I guess I didn't plan this out very well.

Hero

to: hero@nprime.net

subject: re:Hey! smile

Hero,

No problem at all! It occurs to me that I didn't plan so well, either. blush Nobody's any more at fault than the other, here.

Anyway, I fly really fast, so I'll be right over, okay? grin See you in a few minutes.

Brit

-------

Speeding off, Brittany navigated her way to the arena in short order, reaching the air above the glittering field of lights for the evening's performance. Handily, the gates all had their numbers painted on the pavement in front of them, and finding Gate 23 was remarkably easy, from her perch on high.

After scanning the crowd for a few moments, trying to attract as little attention as possible, she spied a quiet-looking, austere, somewhat handsome young man sporting a grey eufiber suit, a spiky shock of black hair atop his head and a somewhat pensive look on his face.

With a slight chuckle, she gently floated just over his head, within what she hoped was earshot, and let out a triumphant, ear-piercing whistle.

Like a half hundred other people in the vicinity, Hero looked up at the whistle call. Like most of the male population, he smiled somewhat dreamily - at first. The rest of the population was in awe and remained that way. Liberteen was a REAL celebrity and the nova who had been hovering around wasn't really.

Hero adjusted his mask and floated up to meet her trying hard to keep his eyes locked on her face and not peek beneath her skirt. As her rose up in the air, his confidence rose as well. He was doing well for himself now and was fighting the good fight. Besides, he had been seen with Divine before.

"Greetings Liberteen!" Greetings? That's real smooth.

"What do you want me to call you? Liberteen, Brittany, Brit ... ? Anyway, thanks for getting me the ticket. I've been looking forward to this."

He gulped slightly.

"I mean the concert, not meeting you ... though meeting you really is a pleasure too ... I mean," sigh "I'm glad to be able to ... be here tonight."

Hero tilts his head a bit.

"I bet a lot of guys end up stammering like total idiots to you, don't they."

Connor nodded. "Then I'll go do my little bit and take up my place."

He nodded to Karrie and then Kara. "Seeya later."

He walked out of the control room and onto the balcony like structure that was high above the stage. He waited as Pele finished his show and smiled. "Time for a little grandstanding." He leapt off the balcony and went metal and immediately began to shift. He was pushing his power as hard as he ever had, but this was a special occassion.

The sound of his transformation drew the crowd's gaze and a spotlight lit him up. Everyone got to watch as He grew further and further and took on the form of the Superior Gundam. Thrusters flared in his feet and back as he righted himself and landed in the clearing behind the stage. He towered over everything at sixteen meters. The thruster fire went out and Then Connor opened the Superiors wings in a flash of golden light.

The light combined with the pristine look of the Superior's armor and paint seemed to radiate over the crowd sufusing each of them with a sense of profound awe. While he'd been told not to reveal the Ascendant Superior's form he'd been told he could use any of the others for the show.

Standing there resplendeant in the golden light given off by the wings and joints of the Voiture Lumière System He looked like a giant mechanical Guardian Angel. After a moment of stunned Silence the crowd cheered. It was obvious that before the quake knocked these people on their butts, some had seen the show because Connor could hear the growing cheer for the Superior growing. He concentrated and targets began whirling about above the crowd. He extended his hand and the beamrifle appeared as he placed a few shots directly into the targets, which exploded into light particles on contact. He took special aim to aim up and never down, since the targets were not real, but his weapons were.

The final appearance was the appearance of one of the New Zaku III's. Its irridescent green armor reflected the Superiors light and Connor leapt into the air. The beam rifle vanished and The Achnerar sword took form in his hands. Sword met heat axe in a clash of sparks and clashing of metal. Then the Superior dove in under the axe's ark and impaled the Zaku on the Achnerar. Connor drew the sword up and the Zaku exploded.

At that point the crowd went crazy, cheering wildly at the spectacular show. Connor returned to the clearing behind the Stage and put the sword away and closed the Superior's wings. into a tiny headset near where his mouth was he whispered to Alessa. "I've warmed them up for you, now go out there and give these people the show they came to see."

It was the same warm tone he'd used to try and reassure and console her after the Dallas incident. "I'll be right here behind you, if you need me."

One of the many things that seperated Ravenshire from his baseline counterparts was his ability to hold hundreds of different ideas and plans in his head and yet he was able to bring them together for something new and greater.

Daniel typed a message away to Mellow. He followed this up by talking his idea over with two of the people this would hugely impact on. This was something that would do some good for California and for a certain young nova.

Half way through this impromptu meeting, Daniel got a positive response back and let a winning smile cross his face.

"I'll talk to him about it, but I think we have something here."

Mellow, after getting the message from Ravenshire, ran like hell for the VIP section, braking to a casual saunter if any people passed by, then tearing off when he thought they were out of sight or distracted.

This sounded big, and before entering the VIP section, he shot off a hasty e-mail to his parents, telling them to watch the concert, and that he might have bigger and better news soon.

Then, catching his breath and getting his easygoing attitude back, he waled up to the security personnel in the VIP lounge, and let them know who he was and that he was expected.

As Security opened the door for Barry, Daniel went over to meet him. He shook Mellow's hand and directed him over to two people by the wet bar. Not to surprisingly, Mellow got applause from the assembled VIP's and a few slaps on the back, "Atta boys", and even speculative looks. The newest flavor of nova in the room and that kind of seductive aura of power about him.

"Barry, this is Frieda Desmond of FEMA," Daniel introduced a smallish woman, black hair, in her mid-forties," and Scott Jankowski of the University of Californina, Los Angeles."

Scott was a man in his early fifties, fit, tall, tan and snow-white hair. He also had a kindred, mellow vibe about him.

Daniel got Barry's attention.

"What got me thinking about this is that Scott here mentioned he was in the Peace Corp back in his mispent youth. It got me thinking about how we can mobilize college students to help out with disaster reconstruction in the upcoming year."

Frieda nodded then broke in.

"No one too young wants to work for the government - they are cynical about FEMA - but we think they really want to help. I can guaruntee support through various non-profits we've already vetted. What we need is the skill sets and the bodies."

Now Scott took over.

"That's were college students come in. There are tens of thousands of students nationwide who keep telling us on their blogs and websites how they want to do more. They want to contribute more than money to helping California on its feet."

"And that's were you can come in, if you want, Mellow." Daniel stepped up. "I am thinking that you could head out across country to various campuses and small venues. Not only do you get to play and forge your own musical identity, but you get to talk about your home to kids your age and ask them to help."

"A combination of UCLA volunteers, plus your own parent's company's Opnet resources could make this work. A dedicated Opsite were anyone could find out your tour dates plus the mission - how to find out more, sign up, and even link up with other volunteers for travel and mutual support."

"I figure you mix it up with campus auditoriums and local clubs to keep it fun - maybe 20 stops over all. What do you think?"

Ravenshire looked at Mellow trying to gauge his reaction.

As she watched him, she felt excited. It wasn't because he was a sight easy on the eyes and passionate to boot. He was something worthy of desire. It was because this ... all of this activity and contact with others like herself.

No one at home, or the doctors who had worked with her, could understand what a rush it was to twist space with her Mind's Eye and push herself half way around the globe. The breath of air that she felt across her skin around he when she arrived. Words could never do that sensation justice. Emmie knew she loved 'porting the same way a coke-head embraced their next fix.

No, there was no way her father would understand his younger child's love of her newfound power. It wasn't in his plans for her. He wasn't here now, though, was he?

Emerald heard Pele's words. "This one is out for all of you ladies who have a thing for the Kahu Ahi right now." She smiled wickedly at that thought. He was so full of himself ... and she kind of liked that about him. She wasn't planning to be one of his ladies. She just wanted to be with him right now. Later could take care of itself.

She was clapping and bouncing on her toes as he came off stage. She had a deep kiss waiting for him too.

"Wow. Just...wow." It escaped out of Mellow before he'd even realized he'd said anything. He was barely a kid himself, not even sure if he wanted to go to college, and now he was being given the opportunity to sing and speak to them. And it was such a big cause; just the small time he'd been in California had driven home just how much damage the quake had caused. He shouldn't have been shocked about how much the media had skipped over, because everyone knew the media wasn't deep these days, but it never would have come home for him if he hadn't been here. It was an awesome responsibility, and he felt like he'd only just started swimming before someone had tossed him into the ocean.

But if not him, who? Why not him? What the hell use was a node, if it couldn't be used to get some things started? He was tired of listening to preprocessed cynicism and cheap apathy, and had seen it's results in how little overall was coming in to help California rebuild.

Maybe...he could be the tipping point in bringing some well-overdue idealism back. He didn't feel prepared for it, but who did?

"Okay, let me just level with you. We'll need...three, four months until we have enough of a playlist to make a respectable tour. I got a lock on Spidersound DJ; he's been dying to display his skills live. I'm sure my backup singers can swing it; I know they want to break into the business, and they can handle the stuff I like to do."

"I'd like it if you could help my company, Constellation Sounds, secure permission for the songs I like to sing. It'd be for charity, so I don't and my label doesn't need any lawsuits or right of refusal. Just let some people know this will be for charity. And because it's for charity, I don't want to try out new material on an unsuspecting audience."

"Also, I hate to bring this up, but I'd also like some help with security. I love what you guys do, but I don't want anyone hurt by some whackjob with a grudge against FEMA using me, my band, or anyone in the crowd as a target of opportunity. I'd like to believe that people respect a good cause enough to not make this a personal issue. I've heard enough horror stories to know it just ain't true. And right now, good security may be a bit beyond my bank."

"If all the proceeds are going to FEMA, that's fine. You're right; I could definitely use the practice and getting out in the public eye. And I really do want to pull this together, because California is still hurting bad, and I'd like to see some money thrown at Mississippi and Louisiana for Katrina."

"But yeah, I'll do it. Give me some prep time and a chance to pull a decent list, and you got a deal. Uh...the only thing I ask is if we could get lodging and food covered." He smiled. "Lately me and the DJ have started eating like pigs." grin

Ravenshire checks off things mentally as Barry brings up his points. Once he finishes Daniel begins addressing them as best he can.

"It needs to be about two months, Mellow. You need to get to the schools before Spring Break. This leaves the students enough time to replan their summer vacations. What can I do to help you get your band together? Plus, I think we can drag Ms. Neri into helping out a bit with the musical side of the equation."

"Again, let me, Ms. Neri, and your parents work on the permissions. We should be able to work out something between us four. What we need is a bit of time, so come up with that list quick."

Daniel gives Barry a wink.

"Didn't know I was going to put this much pressure on you, did ya?"

"The security shouldn't be a problem for the reasons you think because your aren't going to be working with the government. You need something, you talk to me. I'll talk with Freida and something will get done, but its all back channels. The world is going to see this as your idea and your baby. It works best that way, believe me."

"Lastly, I'll cover the money side. I'll line up some corporate sponsors - the kinds that love the college crowd and will want to see their fundage put to good use. This will be something they can point to on their Opsites - and link to your own Opsite too."

Daniel puts an hand on Mellow's shoulder.

"I know this is a lot. I know your still eighteen and very new to what being a nova is all about. Hell, I would be scared shitless ... but, I think you can do this. You should a lot of confidence coming here and then getting up on stage. You performed wonderfully with just the right mix of showmanship and talent. Trust me. I'm not throwing you to the wolves."

Ravenshire looks crisp, lean, and supremely confindent. There is a very real sense that though it will be Mellow up on the stage, he won't be alone in this. A partnership is here in the offing for Mellow, if he is willing to take the leap.

"Two months. Hold on a second."

Mellow whips out his OpPhone and dials up Spidersound DJ. "Hey, bro. Question. What are you doing for the next few months? I'm asking because I've got a potential gig for us. College tour, about twenty stops, and we need to get the people a good set list together in about two months...No, no originals if we can't come up with anything and rehearse it. Just covers, but covers done out way. And yeah, we'll be backed up good on this. The guy we're working with is a whiz with sponsors. It's for raising money for FEMA and Cali. There's a good chance Alessa Neri will be involved. Yeah, I figured that'd catch your ear. If you want, we can write stuff in between, but let's get our stuff nailed down. Okay, we need to talk with Constellation in the next two days. Definite party on the third day. Peace out."

"Okay Ravenshire, you got us. If you can drum up the support, and I'm not worried about that, we can push ourselves. I'm not sweating my parents; they've been chomping at the bit for something like this. Looks like I'm your dancing monkey for the tour." wink

Once again, Ravenshire shakes Mellow's hand.

"This is were it begins. I have no idea were it will end, or what kind of trail it will create, but its going to be memorable."

Daniel looks out over the concert. Pele has finished up and Mech has made his spectacular entrance. The crowds are loving it which is what this has been all about. While looking down at the masses, Ravenshire asks Mellow in a hushed voice.

"Where are you off to from here?"

He looks sideways at the younger man.

"You did something important down there tonight - important for yourself."

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire

Daniel looks out over the concert. Pele has finished up and Mech has made his spectacular entrance. The crowds are loving it which is what this has been all about. While looking down at the masses, Ravenshire asks Mellow in a hushed voice.
"Where are you off to from here?"
He looks sideways at the younger man.
"You did something important down there tonight - important for yourself."

"Yeah, and my life has changed so much from this afternoon, almost as much as when I Erupted a couple months ago." Mellow sighed.

"So I wanna party. I want to enjoy the after-party, and then if anyone's interested, I'll host the after-after party at my parent's house. I wanna get hammered, I wanna dance, I wanna let off steam, collapse, wake up, eat food, and then if anyone else has any huge offers they want to throw at me, they can do it when I've recovered and I've had time to get a grip on all this."

Mellow looked at Daniel sideways. "Don't get me wrong, I've appreciate all you've done, but if one more life-changing moment hits me so soon after this concert, my head will explode. No one wants that, least of all me and the janitorial staff. At least one party that I'll have no coherent memory of has to take place before I'm even thinking of any more deals."

"Pretty much all", she smirked, "so don't feel bad. And hey, I don't think you're an idiot. I have the good luck to think it's cute when a guy finds himself tongue-tied around a girl." Leaning in, she gave Hero a good-natured pound to the shoulder, then reached into the eufiber pocket of her skirt to find the ticket she'd brought with her. The guy who called himself 'Hero' was cute, she had to admit, and he really did seem to be pretty charming. Noble, in that once-upon-a-time kind of way. She could see him trying desperately to not peek up her skirt as he rose to meet her, and she smiled and hoped he failed. Nice guys can sometimes be so nice they don't seize an opportunity when it's staring them in the face.

"Here it is!" From nowhere out of her skirt, she produced a laminated, microchipped pass a little larger than a credit card with a lanyard attached. "It's a VIP pass", she explained as she handed it over to him. "It'll get you backstage afterward, if you want to come by and hang out with the performers and our mutual friends."

She paused a moment, reading the expression on his face, and softened her smile and her tone somewhat. "Hero... I don't know if this whole 'white knight' thing is an act, or what. But I hope it isn't. Because if this is who you are, I think you're a pretty nice guy. The world needs more like you."

Originally Posted By: Mellow
Almost as an afterthought, Mellow turned to Daniel and asked, "Hey, do you think there's any chance I'll be able to get to meet Alessa Neri? I want to thank her for giving me a shot and ask her if she'll come to my after-after-party."

"Well, she's on right now. Let's see how her performance goes. We can see what her mood is like afterwards and you can make your pitch. Mind you, I've never met her in person either. I was at a party with her ... briefly, but I don't know her. This should be interesting for both of us."

Hero takes the pass gingerly.

"Thank you. I don't know anyone who is going to be back stage. Besides, I have to get home afterwards. I've got a busy day ... starts at sunrise." He gives her a corny thumbs up. "Thanks Again."

He half turns away thens stops.

"I never had much growing up, so I learned to share what I had. Now that I have something great inside me, it never really occurred to me to do anything else. Do you know what I mean?"

"People keep asking me that question - am I real? When am I going to sell out for some commercial deal, or something like that. Me, I barely make enough to feed myself. A friend gave me a damaged apartment to live in. Yet, there are people with no shelter and not enough food out there, so I'm doing okay. I don't want more possessions than I can carry," Hero taps his chest, "in here."

Hero wasn't sure why he was unloading some of his deepest thoughts to this strange phenomena. He hoped she wouldn't laugh. Not that he wasn't used to laughter, but somehow this would hurt more.

Pele had them all on his pocket, dissmissing the heart shaped fire he brought it down to himself holding onto it with his hands and slowly draining it of it's heat, the heart shrinking and turning into embers on his hands.

The embers ligthed up turning int long coils of flames as each of them turned into a whip, Slowly swinging them, Pele twirled and danced with them, the flame whips leaving after trails of sparks and dashing light, the dance increased in speed as the whips increase in lenght, the reach increasing bit by bit before the whips extended to an end in a physics defying parallel lines of fire in the middle of the air which collapse into a sphere of fire around Pele.

Seconds later, Pele emerges from the sphere of fire shirtless, with only his cargo pants and boots on. The sphere being reduced to nothingness in a short time as it dissapears into thin air.

Pele in turn is offered long metal baton, with what looks like wicker on each end. Igniting it, Pele play with open flames spouting from each end, deciding to end the Fire Dance with a more traditional routine.

Turning the baton into two batons, and juggling them on fire, Pele continues his dances across the stage, at all times a look of pure concentration on his face he ends the Fire Dance throwing the batons upward and with a flash of his magma like eyes shooting a jet of fire from his mouth upward, creating a blue cloud of fire over the stadium that slowly consumes itself.

Visibily panting Pele takes the mic "Thank you San Diego! I hope you liked the fire dance of the Kahu Ahi! Have fun with all of the bands after me, and I hope that wathever you came to seek here, you foud it!" Pele descends from the stage, already people stopped seeing him to look at the tin-can god from that japanese show, as he took the stage and turned into wathever he wanted.

Pele preffered to go into the bowels of the stadium, seeing Emeralda waiting for him with a towel and food. That's one great chick I found.

Fire was pain, and fear - and exciting. The way the fire licked his flesh, danced across his chest, and fountained forth between his lips was intoxicating. He said something when he finished, but she couldn't hear it over the roar of the crowd.

What comes next? She thought for only a few seconds then vanished. She came back with one of those light fluffy towels and another tray of food. These were from the VIP section. The food was more exotic fare such as squid, oysters, and Kobe beef finger sandwiches.

Kahu Ahi came up to her, but she took a quick step inside his 'space' and gave him full body contact with a kiss. His body felt warm and she transmitted her own heat back to into him. Her kiss was fierce and powerful. As she broke it - she maintained control at the moment - she whispered the word,

"Breathless."

Pele was take back by the fierceness with which Emeralda 'attacked' him, but the taste of her lips was intoxicating and Pele soon found himself putting his arms around her petite body and pressing her against himself. "I can do so much more than that, if you would let me." Pele kissed her back, rising the temperature in the area.

"Would you prefer to go somewhere a bit more...private? It's not like I'm interested on the rest of this concert."

Hero's response was earnest. She hoped it was also honest. Those were easy things to say, but they were less easy to mean. The prospect of his meaning them even shamed her; sure, she did what she could, and sometimes it was enough. Tragically, and all too frequently, it wasn't, and not because she couldn't give enough, but because she chose not to. She wondered in silence for a moment, leaving Hero hanging, sobriety plain on her face. What makes a man be that selfless? And if they're not, what sort of monster could be so disingenuous? She looked at Hero, her eyes soft and warm, and smiled a little bit.

"I believe you", she told him. "And when this is over... I think... I think I'd like to do more to help you." She floated over in his direction gently, as if to chase him to where he rested, and reached out, placing her gloved hand on his cheek. "You look me up when this is over, 'kay? I... I think you are who you say you are, and I want to be a part of that."

Behind his mask, Hero is definitely confused. Doesn't Liberteen understand how much good she does? Doesn't she realize that by giving hope she helps out more any amount of rubble clearance could do?

"Sure, I'll give you a call."

His voice held a note of uncertainty. Hero caught himself. He didn't want to leave the situation here.

"Liberteen, I don't know what you do? I mean, I know ... well I have a good idea what you stand for, but I don't know what you can do to help? That is, were would you be able to do the most good."

Damn, he was nearly tongue-tied around her and concetrating was difficult.

"Hell." He felt totally embarrassed now.

"Do you know what I am trying to say? I already think you do more good than any other nova I've met. You wanting to do even more is great, but I don't know what I should ask you to do that you would enjoy."

Yeah, that could be taken sexually, but he pushed past it quickly.

The idea hit him. Brittany could see Hero's eyes light up.

"You could help re-establish a number of Free Clinics in LA," he all but shouted. In a lower tone, he continued, "You have the connections with Planned Parenthood and others to get them to get some basic health care back to the neighborhoods. Its been hard enough keeping the major hospitals open. The clinics most of the poor families use have been forced to shut down. Women and kids especially. Also, without much electricity, people are ... bored. That leads to blackout conditions and you know what that means. The last thing the city needs right now, or in the next year, is a mass of unwelcome pregnacies."

Hero catches his breath.

"How does that sound?"

A slow, widening smile masked Brittany's chuckling reply. She wondered if her had meant it as funnily as he'd said it, or if she was just ghoulish for thinking it. Wasn't it the Baby Train, the old urban legend called it? Or the way people marvel over the otherwise inexplicably high volume of friends they have who celebrate birthdays in late August and early September. Auld Lang What Condom? But regardless, she found that she liked the idea. She liked it a lot, in fact, and something inside her recognized that instantly.

"Actually...", she smiled, "that sounds like a terrific idea. Thanks for the idea, Hero. Really. After tonight, I'll call some people who know some people and see what we can work out." Not sure what else to say, her eyes glanced around, and happened to absently pass the face of her watch, and she realized how late it was getting. She really needed to meet up with Alessa soon, if she was going to make good on her promise. "Hey, I should get running, Hero. But we'll talk more on this later tonight, kay? Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the show." Playfully, she smiled at him again and blew him a kiss that could easily be construed as a whisker above chaste, and sped off towards the gate, zipping up momentarily before looping around and speeding back to the ground below, treating a handful of people clustered around security to a sneak preview of what was to be the latest update to superheroupskirts.op.

He glowed from her praise, or would have if he hadn't been wearing a mask. She liked his idea, which was great. He was also helping out his hometown, which was even better.

It made Hero laugh to think that something as abstact as 'hometown' and 'neighborhood' could out-shine the gorgeous presence of Liberteen. It was also comforting in two ways. He had put the people's needs above his own. Hero had also managed to do some good for LA on a night he had meant to take off.

She flew away looking chaste and wholesome, yet a sign post to a legion of dirty thoughts. Hero waved good-bye. He turned and took his place in line. A few people asked him for an autograph, which he happily gave. One or two people gave him hateful, or frightened looks. This stole away some of his happiness. Not everyone loved novas.

The concert was a mish-mash of styles and showmanship reigned supreme. He had seen Mech before, but he was still awesome. Mellow was mind-boggling, especially for a beginner (so they said). Pele was fantastic, though Hero subconciously subtracted points for being a Terat. Finally, there was Alessa Neri and she was ...

Archived