Hello!

Antonius Pelagius

Sorry if this isn't the place, but I've lately been filled with the urge to pull out my Aberrant books and I've gotten all misty-eyed about the fun I had playing this game.

I didn't even realize this place was still up and running until I found a roundabout link through RPGnet (that led me here through Eon Online).

So, I'd like to get a character up and play, but I didn't want to jump on in without permission. Where do I sign up for what?

First off, welcome to the site.

For 2017 you create a character, post a profile for said character, and then jump right in. You don' have to post a profile or a character sheet, but it helps other players and gives them and their characters publicly available information on said character. There are no character restrictions beyond not messing with canon and the quantum max of 5 to start with.

For the 2009 site, create a standard starting charachter, submit it to Director Prime in a PM for approval. Once it is approved, sign the charter for 2009 and join in.

If you're interested in joining any of the various online games, go to each of their respective subforums and it's probably a good idea to PM the moderator/ storyteller for that game.

There are IC and OOC chatrooms as well.

Remember that 2017 and 2009 follow canon, if there's anything else, You can look in the site FAQ.

Hello.

2017 is a pretty free-form setting with minimal moderation. You can play whatever you want (shy of Q:6+ at the start) and pretty much write your own legend, even if it is "I erupted last week and ... ".

2009 has a bit more moderation (explained in the Charter), and has the higher traffic right now. Since 2009 only started 11 months ago, every character is about equal, which appeals to many players.

Okay, so just stat up and don't get ridiculous.

And now comes the hard part: which character do I want to play? I have three that I always wanted to play:

1) My Swiss-army nova.

2) My Mega-Charismatic goof-ball who just erupted.

3) My Teragen luck-manipulator.

Any votes? Also, is it cool to play more than one character?

Shit, one more...

4) My brain-in-a-jar Teragen.

I suggest running 1 and 4 in 2017 because they are easier to do when you are freer with the points.

Try 2 and 3 in 2009, because the setting is for the newly erupted and there is a concert in San Diego on the 9th that hopefully will be RPed.

Originally Posted By: Shay
You need to press the Print Screen button (PrtSc on my keyboard) on your keyboard. That makes a copy of what is on your screen. Then open an editing program and crop away the excess picture. Make the white space a transparency and load it into your profile.

Thank you. I never could get the hang of that. blush

Archived