Aberrant: 2011 - Concert in benefit to the victims of TBO

Alessa Neri

Originally Posted By: Chimera
First off let it be known that my home, the one I grew up in, was destroyed in this disaster so this isn't some abstract televised disaster for me. This is my life, my family, and my home.

Yeah, well, while you'll be living it up at the concert me and other node bearers like me will be cleaning everything up for you and the rest of the population.

Lucky you huh?

Quote:
That being said, while I understand the generosity and sentiment behind Alessa's concert, it ulitmately feels, I don't know....tacky, I guess. To be honest I have trouble believing that every penny is going to go to rebuilding the lives of the people of LA. Considering just how many people would either have to work pro-bono, or get paid out of Alessa's pocket (as her first post claims). That just seems like an unrealistic pipe dream to me.

We're novas. Reality doesn't apply to us. We can do whatever we want, even get people work for free. smile

Quote:
Finally, and this is directed and Mech. I'm sorry but what you posted sounds like the rambling of one who's never had their home drop into a giant sinkhole. Someone who's never had to wander the ruined shambles of his former neighbourhood looking for friends and loved ones, praying against the odds that none of the people that you care about are dead. You don't sound like someone who's ever lost everything they know in a split second. These people need something more than "good feelings;" they need food, shelter, warm clothes, medicine, and blankets.

Oh, boo hoo. And you make it sound like you're the only person this has ever happened to. 'Those people' need to get off their duffs and stop staring at me and the other workers and start HELPING! But no, all they can do is sit around and snivel about how thier lives are ruined.

It's pathetic.

Quote:
I've spent every weekend in my old neighbourhood clearing away debris and doing what I can to help people rebuild lives. I'd be there every day but certain legal issues prevent it. I've given up my college fund to bring food and medication with me every trip and am now faced with the prospect of draining my trust fund.

Wow, that's almost 10 times more than most of the stiffs that frequent these boards can boast. Way to go Chimera.

Quote:
If you really want to help speed recovery and help people, getting hammered at some rock concert isn't the way in my opinion. Try rolling up your sleeves and putting your powers to good use.

I think that the 'victims' should work while the relief workers go to the concert. We've earned it. Hell, it's not my life that's ruined why should I keep dirtying my eufiber for the cry-baby masses?

If this offends I'm sorry but it sounds like people are forgetting why Alessa is putting on this concert in the first place.

Well, first off - Chimera, I'm taking the night off from working in central LA. I've been working ever since TBO happened. I didn't have any family to lose. I lost a few friends who either died, or left and haven't come back. I didn't have a home, or a livelyhood to lose.

I'm going to the concert because I know I need a break or I'll go nuts. That's just the way I feel.

Secondly - does EVERY woman know who Gabriel Law is? Seriously, I'm checking my H-Comp while standing in the chow line with a bunch of city workers. Here's what happened:

Hero: Who is Polemic Misanthropy?

Female Firefighter: Gabriel Laws band? Seriously? He's going to be at the concert?!?! Can you get me an autograph?

Female Police Officer: Oh God!! We need to get the Pay per View.

H: I've met the guy once. I'm not sure if he remembers me.

FF: Alright! He's so ... refined.

FPO agrees with a vigorous nod of the head. Eyes light up, more women congregate around me and now I have 23 slips of paper for Gabriel so sign if he's willing.

Archived