White Light

Lina stood up from her laying position, leaving the laptop abandoned on her bed. She was wearing a pair of black sweat pants and a red hooded sweatshirt that came to her down to her mid-thigh. As she reached her arms above her head, and arched her back, she seemed to crack with a moan. There was a knock on the door, and Lina ignored it. Suddenly the door opened, and there stood the Nova who had once taken her captive.

“Sitting here is driving me crazy!” He yelled at her, looking anxious and angry. She just looked at him, annoyed. “I’ll barge in where ever I damn well please.” He told her. She went to a mirror and began inspecting herself. “No! I don’t want to go for a damn walk. I want to go to a fucking city! I want to get wasted and kick the ass of another nova.”

She just continued to keep quiet and he left the room. She kept him, and only him as a guard. Everyone else she made leave. After another moment, he came back and slammed the door shut. Lina giggled to herself and the front door slammed shut. It was quiet as she sat upon her bed, feeling lethargic but excited. She didn’t expect him for a few hours at least so she closed her eyes and thought of his touch. She had missed it all to much, but now the wait was over, or at least it would be soon. It seemed like only minutes later when she heard a knock.

Brenner dropped Daniel off a hundred meters from the cabin. Its was the elites inherent caution to not drop his charge right on top of what still might be a hostile situation. The two novas checked their communications and then Ravenshire headed toward the woman he was prepared to meet ... and her new friend.

Daniel couldn't edge the tension out of his shoulders and back. Too much had been going down dark corridors recently, either going wrong or into the unknown. He focused on seeing Lina again. Her special touch, her scent, and her eyes when she looked at him; he wanted it all back.

The house came up and he stopped. Ravenshire scanned the area but couldn't see any sign of her guardians. Either they had gotten much better, or ...

The new guy ...

He moved silently across the clearing to the front door and knocked.

"It's me."

Lina stared at the ceiling for a minute, hearing the voice after the knock. Its him. She thought that to herself, than thought come in. There was no response, than she remembered she had to speak. "Come in." She yelled from the other room, than waited for a noise. There was a shaking of a door knob, and than Lina thought Kyle probably locked it on his way out. She opened the door to her bedroom, than swiftly moved across the living area to the door. "Hold on.. " She said softly, but loud enough for him to hear easily. She acted as if she was fiddling with locks, while taking a deep breath and preparing herself.

She opened the door, and caught herself looking into his chest. She forgot his head height, and realized it'd been too long since she'd seen him while in a clear frame of mind. She looked to his head, where his mid-length blond hair resided, and she decided to wrap her arms around him immediately. She didn't speak, as her actions did that for her. Her head was nuzzled into his chest, and she kept thinking I love you but forgot that she needed to speak.

"I missed you so much.. "

He wanted to know were this stranger was.

He wanted to know how she was healing.

He wanted to know were everyone was who were supposed to be guarding her, but, what he really wanted to know was ...

Ravenshire took her cheeks in the palms of his hand and tilted Lina's head up. His kiss started out tentative and light, but grew with intensity and warmth. His hands slid down her sides and came together at the small of her back. He pulled her into him, all the while still kissing her. It was a few moments before either of them could breath or speak.

"I've missed you too," he gasped.

His eyes still looking down into hers,

"Is there someone I have to meet, or do we have the place to ourselves?"

"No, the company went for a walk. Our cabin is abandoned, save us." She smiled at him.

The kiss was wonderful. The kiss was fantastic. The kiss was extraordinary. She'd been waiting for that since he left the last time, and now she was angry with herself for letting him leave before. "But i'm sure he will be back in a few hours, so you'll meet him eventually." She wanted him so badly. She led him inside by the hand, thinking to herself. It was nice to have privacy again. "What is the situation with Robert?" She had other thoughts, but it might be nice to act concerned.

At the mention of Robert's name, a flood of conflicting emotions comes to the fore. He feels guilt for the peril his young colleague is in. He is worried about ever seeing him alive again, and Daniel kicks himself for not going there himself. Still, this is neither constructive or the reality of the situation.

"Robert had been grabbed by a Rebel Movement near the border in Ivory Coast. I have yet to hear their ransom demands, but I made some calls and met with some shady characters and now I have a gun runner on the payroll."

"I think ..." he looks at Lina and changes course immediately,"I think I have to have you. Right here, right now!"

He moves to engulf her, nibbles her ear and whispers, "but the bed's fine too."

Lina brought in the unexpected words with a smile as he softly caresses her ear with his mouth. The suggestion made her more anxious than she wanted, and she had wanted it to the point of insanity before. Her hands reached to his shirt, than slid up the back of it. “Here is fine.” She said to him, than softly bit his neck while her hands scratched his back roughly. She pushed forward onto him, both crashing onto the ugly couch.

Lina straddled him and pulled his shirt to his head, but not enough to actually make it over. It blinded him, but Lina knew that Ravenshire knew what she was doing. Her mouth found his shoulders, than chest. Her left arm held the shirt in place while the other felt his arm.

Ravenshire gave out a deep, gutteral moan and he rose up gently against his confinement. Lina held him down. His need drew her attention. His muscles instinctively flexed across his chest and abdomen.

"I want you," he growled.

His left leg partially intwined around her right. Daniel tried to draw he closer, as if that was possible, and keep her there. Wanting her was great, but having her want him was truly fantastic.

Archived