Aberrant: 2011 - Character Sheets

Dave ST

I've noticed a major majority of the 2009 characters have some listing of their character's sheet posted in the appropriate section.

Quite a bit have not been updated for quite sometime, and one is just gibberish of random numbers and words. I was curious, when a fiction is started between two characters why do either participant accept partially updated or not updated at all characters? Would either or any of you accept a partially written post, or a partially written core book and make a game from that?

Certainly not, I'm sure. So, I propose a suggestion. Whenever a fiction between you and another character begins, keep a copy of that person's character sheet in note pad on your desktop for the duration of the fiction and hold the character to the sheet they have provided, regardless of what they say they may have (like updating it after the fiction has begun) or can do, if they can't be bothered to update the character then there is no reason you should bother acknowledging that players claims.

I know, it may seem rather mean spirited, and I’m okay with that. That’s why I have a badge.

But Dave, you gave yourself that badge.

Honestly, I agree with you. If you are interacting with somebody in 2009, you should have access to their character sheet. We should each be adult enough to keep player and character knowledge seperate, and we it helps me as a writer to know the peripherals of a character.

Maybe in 2017..Maybe but even then I wouldn't give you anymore credence than would give Ashnod,Timeslip, Warren, Seph, Troll....

And if you are refering to my sheet..The first post yes such but you can scroll downa dn get the link..withc works just fine, but hey you are so wise you don't need no links...You just need to point out flaws!

Originally Posted By: Catalyst
And if you are refering to my sheet..The first post yes such but you can scroll downa dn get the link..withc works just fine, but hey you are so wise you don't need no links...You just need to point out flaws!

I’m aware of the link (which still isn’t updated, btw). But yes, I was referring to your sheet. And yes, I’m well aware I was pointing out a flaw.

Do you know why Catalyst?

Because it has been that way for nine months and you still have yet to even bother fixing it or deleting the sheet and adding a bio or something, anything that would be prettier to look at then the sheet. FFS sake, link a picture to some hot model that has nothing what so ever to do with anything N!Prime and it would still be better then what you have let sit there.

Only way for a flaw to no longer be a flaw is to be made aware of it. I wouldn't be the absolutely perfect individual I am today had I not fixed all my flaws in the womb. Yes, in the womb... I was a very busy baby.

Quote:
Maybe in 2017..Maybe but even then I wouldn't give you anymore credence than would give Ashnod,Timeslip, Warren, Seph, Troll....

It doesn’t surprise me, the six of us don’t speak the same language you do.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
Honestly, I agree with you. If you are interacting with somebody in 2009, you should have access to their character sheet. We should each be adult enough to keep player and character knowledge seperate, and we it helps me as a writer to know the peripherals of a character.

I just wanted to lodge my formal protest to this point of view. I currently have no less than two characters without public sheets, and until they develop more as characters, I don't see any reason to divulge those details to anyone. If you're not comfortable writing with said character because you can't see his/her sheet, that's your call. But just like you think we should each be adult enough to keep player and character knowledge separate, I think we should each be adult enough to write with somebody from a perspective of objective ignorance and not have it turn into a cluster-fuck. You say toh-MAY-toe, I say toh-MAH-toe.

Duely noted. However to make sure my thoughts were read properly I'll clarify:

If you have a character posted, please, out of respect for the others that 'play' here, keep it updated and accurate if you plan on doing fictions. If it is not and you claim that you have Mega-Manip 2 when your sheet says no such thing, then you should not be permitted to claim those dots until after the fiction, and your sheet is updated.

If you do not have a posted character sheet, obviously this does not pertain to you since you cannot update something that does not exist.

I have no problem with that, Dave. I was responding to what James had said about character sheets. As to your points, I wholly agree. It's the responsibility of every player to keep their sheets updated, especially if you're going to write collaborative fiction.

Archived