Aberrant: 2011 - Episode 12: Nothing Standing in the Way

Mech

The Superior was utterly unstoppable. The Colony forces had established Absalom Base in Sydney and heavily fortified it against all forms of attack. Hundreds of battlearmor squads roamed the city, and it's anti-ship and ant-mobile suit defenses boasted fiveTanhauser class paticle cannon batteries and three dozen Cavalier class anti-MS rail cannons. Mobile suits were rare, but the cache in the Outback had been located and slowly more mobile suits were being brought online. A dozen stood as silent sentinels for the base, one of them in particular stood out. The Byakuya Gundam was not as famous as the Superior, but it boasted umatched speed and deadly beam blades lining it's arms and legs.

Two days before the Colony forces sent an Elite strike team to capture the Yggdrassill, it's life computer and the Superior. The accomplished only one of those objectives before being forced to flee. It was under the guns of The Burnside, the Cabot, and the Luminous Path, three Poseidon class warships, that they fled with Mizuki captive, with the Superior in hot pursuit. The Yggdrasil simply could not afford to fight against such stacked odds and withdrew, forcibly recalling the Superior from the field.

Akira stole through the corridors of the Yggdrassil down to where the Superior stood racked and ready. While Captain Minamori wasn't prepared to take on Absalom Base and it's defenders to rescue Mizuki, he couldn't abide that. He clombed quietly up to the access hatch for the cockpit and climbed in, finding the Superior already in full battle read mode. "I know old friend, we're going to get her back, we will not fail her." The computer flashed once then the microfusion reactor roared to life in the Superior's chest. He made one final keystroke which opened the hangar doors and then locked out the Yggdrassil's computer from the Superior. "No recalls, we come back with her or die trying."

He grabbed the controls and smiled. "Akira Sigan, Superior taking off!" The catapult shot him from the ship and he engaged the stealth gear. It wasn't perfect, it just made him invisible to scanners, but it would do in the darkness.

Captain Minamori woke with a start as the alarm shrieked through the ship. "Status!" "Lieutenant Sigan has sortied in the Superior." "Recall him at once!" "we can't he's locked out the Superior from our system." "sound red alert and go to full combat readiness. We have to retrieve him at all costs. I'll be on the bridge shortly. Until then Commander you are in command." She stormed out of her room finishin buttoning up her uniform as she stepped onto the bridge. Indeed, officers Kurosawa and Taikii were clad in their sleeping attire. It was a breach of protocol but she had sounded a red alert. Suspiciously absent was Ops officer Sakade. "Where is Tomoe?"

Commander Higan turned to her and nodded. "She's in sickbay. She went into a catatonic fit and had to be sedated someithing about giving in to hatred. Something spooked her early in her shift and We had to deal with it."

"And you're just now telling me?"

"Captain it wasn't bad enough to disturb you. Take my word on it."

"Very well Commander, proceed with all haste, let's go save our prodigal pilot." The Yggdrassil lifted from the ocean and began following the beacon from the Superior.

The Superior flew with Achnerar drawn and the beam rifle at the ready, low to the surface of the water. He made one extremely long range shot with the rifle and took out the communications array on the Burnside, silencing and deafening them. They were quick to go into battle alert, but that didn't save them. Exploshins ripped through the ship as the Superior tore through it.he was five kilometers away when it's reactor blew sending up a flare to the other ships. The Cabot was next, It's anti-ms weaponns filling the air with light and explosions, but failing to seriously damage the Superior. Akira broth the Achnerar down on the main bridge and then fired a score of missiles into the hole. Explosions rippled through the ship as it's computer core was destroyed and all the systems under its control went dead. The ship began to sink as the Superior riddled it with holes with its beam rifle. He flew off and as a last parting shot he took aim with the beam rifle and speared the engineering section with a lance from the beam rifle. The Luminous Path launcched it's fighters which were dispatched easily. nothing would stand in his way. He landed on the main deck of the Path and turrets actually rotated to fire at him. The Superior stood there, War incarnate, amidst the flaming rubble of the deck and hail of gunfire and pried open the deck armor with it's metalshod hands. The Superior seemed to smile as theBeamrifle swung into line with one of the missile turret's ammunition magazine and fired as blasted off into the air. Fire licked at the heels of the Superior as it blasted off into the night, burning hard for Absalom Base and the captive Mizuki.

"I'm coming Mizuki. I won't let them harm you, I will protect you." The Superior's eyes flashed and the drive flares of it's thrusters roared as it gained speed for Absalom Base.

Archived