Aberrant RPG - Quantum Supremacy

Legion

I know this was probably talked about at lenght but i can't seem to locate anykind of search feature on this site. I'm playing a game that's been going on for a while and i plan to have my character go off-world for a long time in a quantum constructed ship nearly 80 km long by 40km high. When i come back i expect to have Quantum Supremacy. My question is this: Is there any important info that was cut off from the PG or was it just the one line that's barely visible. Also, has anyone run this power in a game? IF so, what are the issues or the the things i should be aware of?

It's just that one line of Quantum Transformation that was mostly buried behind the graphic for Time Travel. The buried text is, "...can apply them in one fell swoop."

Like all of the Level 5 and 6 powers, Quantum Supremacy is easy to abuse. This particular power can - among other things - turn a whole city's worth of low-level novas into powerhouses for nearly a year, or take a key NPC nova and turn him into a baseline forever, and this can really knock a story off the rails. When you're dealing with this kind of power, coordinate things with your Storyteller. Also keep in mind that as one of the biggest, baddest things out there, you're going to be one hell of a target for everyone from Utopia to the Directive to the Teragen; even Quantum 8 gods tend to feel a bit off when they take a round from an orbital railgun to the chest, so play nice with your Storyteller and other players and don't abuse this power.

You know, we should probably add that buried bit of text to the Errata list in the Downloads section....

Quantum Supremacy is easy to abuse.

That's one way to put it. QS lets you give yourself more nova points (or take them away from other people).

you're going to be one hell of a target for everyone from Utopia to the Directive to the Teragen...

It is easy to think that most of those things, including the rail gun, will be like a butterfly trying to move a mountain. At that level of power it isn't all that hard to get a three digit soak.

...however, a 3 digit soak doesn't prevent the ST from introducing something like eclipsol or those nova specific darts from WWI.

Archived