Character titles

z-Carver

Here's a question for the group at large - are the 'Character Titles' underneath our character's name IC labels or OOC? And if they're IC, then how do we handle IC being called a 'baseline' for the first 100 posts?

I'd like to know what the board thinks about this.

Thanks for your input in advance.

They're OOC and I thought they'd been mentioned by Chosen somewhere, but I can't remember where I read it.

As far as it being treated as IC, I think Lou Anne's eruption was somewhere around the 80th post she made, so I have no problem with it being IC. But I suspect I'm significantly in the minority on that count.

From the argum..er...discussion about the '08 charter however, absolutely no Non-Novas are allowed in that setting, so even if you wanted it IC for '17, you'd have to ignore it or treat it as OOC for '09.

Thanks

I had Ashnod initially refuse to join the "new" forums when the transition was made from the old Opposing Views, because she did not want a "baseline" forum title, so I've always kind of looked at them as IC but nothing more than an indication of posting experience.

Chosen contacted me after I started this post and showed me a bit from the FAQ that says they're OOC.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
I kinda just quit noticing them. Although how'd you get 'Dreamsculptor' under yours, that's kewl.

Reven, that was the prize for the 2006 writing contest. It is cool, and thanks to Ashnod for making a custom title the prize!

I shit you not, not to get all Connery, here, but when I first saw this thread I thought it said 'Character Titties'. I said to myself, "Finally! A thread for ME!" But no, no. Damn.

Anyway, I've always taken it as obvious that the titles were OOC. Only novas are allowed on the forums, IC. The titles are just indicative of who's posted here longer than the noobs.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing they have at the Something Awful forums is the ability to spend a few bucks and "buy" your own custom forum title.

I think this would be a cool way to raise green for the server while getting something back from it. Any takers?

Archived