Aberrant: 2011 - Dinner And A Floozy

Summer Solstice

Music filled the incensed air of Summer Astovik’s utopian penthouse. Her parent’s were away to Bermuda for the next week or so, spending Summer’s hard earned Utopian cash. The public really had no clue, but the Astoviks (except Summer) were broke, or damn near close to it. Her father’s company had steadily been suffering through higher and higher losses of stock prices and it was just a matter of time before her father’s company went bankrupt. Tonight however Summer wasn’t concerned, she was finding it a relief they were gone.

Everything was all set. The caterer had left and the meal Summer had set out for her ‘date’ was looking simply delicious. He’d never know she didn’t actually make it; the evidence was all disposed of.

She wore her typical ‘costume’, an obscenely low cut icy blue outfit that made its debut at the Blackburn a few nights prior. Tonight the eufiber outfit possessed a long flowing skirt instead of its typical skimpy counterpart and it swished around as she hastily placed dished and serving platters out on the table.

A few hours ago he had called and told her that he wanted to see her, and now here she was ‘preparing’ dinner for him.

Troy stood in the ascending elevator. It felt like it took forever, but in actuality was incredibly quick. His mind was on the girl he was to meet, Summer. He'd call her Solstice, because she seemed to prefer that. Troy had recently been employed by Project Utopia, so he could afford things such as gifts, and his clothes.

He was wearing a pair of designer dark blue jeans, with an exceptionally nice white button-up shirt. Under it he wore the black euphiber that he nearly never took off. It was formed in a long shirt. Troy's hair was mostly black and fashionably messy, but the roots were starting to come though as brown.

He'd showered and cleaned himself up some before he left for Summers, doing his best to look on top of his game. He stopped several places along they way, but finally decided on a gold necklace. It was simple, with a twirling design. He had no idea what she liked, or what she didn't, so he went simple. It was the single most expensive thing he's bought in the past month, if not ever.

Troy reached the 37th floor and continued down the hallway, stopping in front of a door. He stopped in front of the door he believed to be hers, and paused. A million throughts ran through his head before he gave a quick knock, on her door.

Her father had locked the wine cabinet (again) so her and Troy were going to be stuck with a vintage choice of milk, tea, or soda. Rolling her eyes and grunting her frustration Summer stood up straight and closed door to the refrigerator. “Way to be lame Daddy, thanks.”

She sighed as a sudden knock was heard from the door. “Crap! He’s here.” Summers bolted from the kitchen and past the full length mirror a few feet from the doorway. In its reflective surface her head popped back into view, then the rest of her. A few last minute checks to make sure everything was still where she left it: defying gravity.

With a tilt of her head, a wink, and kiss to herself she giggled and sped off to the door. “Troy.” She said softly as if not expecting him as she opened the door slowly so her shapely and relatively exposed figure would not be completely visible al at once. “Hi.” Sheepishly she looked about, slightly embarrassed to have such a handsome nova over for dinner.

Troy heard the pitter-patter of heeled shoes from the otherside of the door, and had to hold his breath. He thumbed the simple necklace box in his pocket, and slowly let his breath go as he heard the door knob being turned. First he saw a head. "Troy." She heard her say, and the door continued to open.

She wore, from what Troy could tell, the same outfit that she wore at the Blackburn, but he wouldn't complain. No, it's different. It's longer. He soon thought after the door was nearly completely open. She was smiling at him, and he was stunned. He felt more underfire than when the fight broke out.

"You.. look stunning." He said awkwardly. When he talked to her earlier in the night, he was assertive and forceful. The product of that being he was invited to dinner. He felt weird giving her the necklace, but held the box out all the same. "Picked up a little something on the way over. I wasn't aware that so many places sold jewelry so late at night in New York."

Honestly, he'd seen at least a hundred street venders during his stay, but didn't trust them beyond gold paint. "May I come in?"

The golden pendant shimmered and Summer's eye lit up with appreciation. "Troy, oh, that's so sweet. Thank you so much." She spun around and pulled her hair up and out of the way so Troy could put it on her. Seconds later her fingertips gently brushed the gift hanging about her neck. "It's beautiful."

"Oh! Heh... duh... come in... yeah, sorry, please, please, come in." She closed her eyes and shook her head in another 'duh' like moment of expression. Once Troy entered the foyer she moved her hands down the curves of her body as if fluffing out any wrinkles. "Wow, thank you. I uh, just kinda threw something on, ya know?"

She led him into the spacious penthouse living area that was separated from the humongous kitchen by a six stool mini bar. "Uh, have a seat anywhere. Dinner is about ready, I just have to take the rolls out of oven."

Troy could smell the food as looked around at the open living room that held a breath taking view of New York. At the far end from where he had entered he saw there was a room with a set table and the flickering of candlelight seemed it's only luminance.

Troy wasn't feeling hungry, but knew that he was just nervous. She knows I am dating, right? It wasn't until that moment that Troy remembered to, but wondered why he was so drawn to Summer. The night of New York was something he was getting used to, but it didn't feel natural. Nothing feels natural in this town. Nothing feels right, but everything feels good. He smiled at Summer, and took a seat on a stool.

Troy quickly figured out that this wasn't a just friends dinner, and he was caring less and less with each passing glance at the beautiful girl. "I could get used to New York." He said aloud. "Friendly people here, unlike LA." Those words especially didn't feel right.

Was small talk appropriate? He asked himself. "So how often do you patrol this city without actually intervening with what is happening, or were you just messing earlier?" He asked, than wondered if she remembered the conversation as he ran his hand through his short hair.

"Friendly?" Summer giggled as she bent over with an oven mitt to remove the dinner rolls from the oven. She had placed them in there and preset the oven to a mild temperature to ensure that they would stay hot but not burn. One or two of the twelve rolls a bit dark from the heat but that only helped her to pass off her illusion. After all no one is perfect.

"I could get used to New York." He said aloud as his hostess straightened herself and placed the dinner bread on the counter. She looked over her shoulder at him and offered him a playful and rather seductive smile that broadcast the remark: 'I'll bet you could.' "Friendly people here, unlike LA."

"I keep hearing people say that and it makes me wonder of they've ever actually been here for any length of time. The people here are direct, we tend to lack tact because we spend most our days asking people to move out of our way, telling them to watch where they're going." Picking up the rolls one at a time she was placing them in a basket that she could take to their table. She made it a point to play 'hot potato' with a few as if the heat actually bothered her.

"So how often do you patrol this city without actually intervening with what is happening, or were you just messing earlier?" He asked as he drug his hand through his short and well kempt hair.

"Two hours everyday after school, as part of my social sciences class. Because I'm only sixteen however I can't involve myself in anything that would be harmful or reckless." She grinned happily. "Which is way cool, because since this is New York almost everything is harmful, so I mostly get to observe." Summer slid the oven pan into the dishwasher with all the other dishes that she had used to 'make' this meal. What Troy couldn't see is that she had she had unpacked all the meals items first onto these dishes to give them the illusion of use while larger pans were soaking in the huge sink. She was nothing it not thorough.

Exiting the kitchen, basket of bread in hand, she took hold of Troy’s hand. "C'mon." She said sweetly. "A meal fit for a king. Or a nova." Her giggle added to the comfortable atmosphere as she lead him into the dining room.

It was dark and the only light was from the candelabra on the large table large enough to sit at least twenty people and enough food or at least that many as well. Only a small section of the table was 'prepared' for her guest. She had set an area close to the center of the table near the candles. Each had a place set for them on opposite sides along the length of the table, so they would not be very far from each other as they ate, making it great for conversation.

Releasing his hand she walked in and set the bread down in a spot the looked like it was planned to go there. "I hope you like it, Troy." She looked around as if slightly embarrassed or awaiting his approval, doing her best to continue her submissive Donna Reed routine. "It was all I could do on such short notice, I only had a few hours."

• 7 months later...

His thoughts seemed muttered in his head, as he could barely understand his own thoughts. He was obviously having trouble expressing himself in any respectful manner, and his hand was fidgeting when it was not in Summer's. It was hard for him to concentrate on her words with her hand in his, because his muttered thoughts were booming. He was in a state of cautious, nervous existence.

"Absolutely I do." He said, maybe to quiet for her to hear. "It looks magnificent." In truth, given her personality and age, he was expecting something small and simple. But rolls? He hadn't had a meal this complete since before his mother died. He looked at her, smiling. "You're much more.. personable than I had expected. Is personable the right word?" He paused, and closed his eyes. "Either way, you seem to segregate yourself from the mass that is that message board. I must say, I'm impressed." He gave a smile, looking much more cocky than he'd intended. His mind turned to more intimate thoughts of her, and it showed by him looking her up and down.

"Impressed?" She asked. Troy's hostess motioned for him to take his seat and she certainly didn't waste the opportunity to get off her feet with it being such hard work calling the caterer and setting up such an elaborate ruse an all, Summer was about tuckered out. However, her open-front costume ensured that her more buoyant quantum altered features kept Troy's attention.

Pinching a ripe cherry tomato between her index finger and thumb she raised it to her mouth. "With the dinner, my lack of social graces on the op-net, or with me?" Her tongue curled beneath the diminutive fruit and never taking her eyes away from Troy's own, she let it roll down her tongue and into her mouth.

The next few tense filled moments (for Troy, anyway...) were spent in silence as the buxom nova chewed petitely. "And why would 'personable' not be the correct word, Troy? You didn't think I could be sweet?" She looked across the way at him, her shimmering azure eyes glimmering in the candle light. "Let me guess. You were expecting an ignorant, snobby, easy, little rich bitch. Weren't you?"

She wasn't looking at him now. Her hands were busy decorating her plate all manner of meats and vegetables. "There so much people don't know about me, and that's fine," she started, cutting the meat on her plate with well practiced manners. "Let's get one thing straight before this meal goes any further." Her lips curled into a half-smile, but she didn't look up at her guest. "I'm not ignorant, Troy."

Archived