Libertyne

Liberteen, you are so naive. Since when did 'carpet muncher' and 'fag' become an epithet? I have many homosexual friends who call one another those names every day. Hey, they don't even mind if I call them names...why? Because they know that there is no hateful intent behind those words. But the almightly Thought Police, led by Liberteen and the ACLU, can tell a person's intent. They are so correct, that you are 'ignorant' if you don't agree with their docrines. Don't you find that a little arrogant?

Originally Posted By: Liberteen
However, by virtue of being a nova, his voice is going to automatically be lended an amount of credence and attention that makes his admittedly bold yet depressingly ill-informed comments particularly dangerous.

I read in school where the old Soviet Union would use this line of reasoning, as a way of silencing speech. Oh My God! Someone who works with the ACLU wants to label speech as 'dangerous'? I'd better call the ACLU and let them know that you don't believe in the 1st amendment.

Originally Posted By: Liberteen
Quite a few. I've attended several Planned Parenthood banquets, been a guest of American University, was a key speaker at this year's TAM conference, and have received awards from the ACLU, the Red Cross, Amnesty International, and the GSA.

These are not social functions, these are political gatherings. At them, a bunch of wealthy elites, sit around and feel better

about themselves, because they made other people pay to help the poor. Meanwhile, the poor homeless guy, outside the banquet, is turned away because he is 'not a member'. How is that for hypocracy. At least I don't pretend to care about the poor.

The saying goes something like this:

Give a man a fish, he eats tonight. Teach a man how to fish and he eats for the rest of his life.

Another young lady once told me:

No matter how hard you try, some people will refuse to be saved. They are comfortable in their situations and don't understand why you want to displace their lives. Respect that and move on.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
The saying goes something like this:
Give a man a fish, he eats tonight. Teach a man how to fish and he eats for the rest of his life.

Give a man a fire, and he is warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Originally Posted By: Divine
Liberteen, you are so naive. Since when did 'carpet muncher' and 'fag' become an epithet? I have many homosexual friends who call one another those names every day. Hey, they don't even mind if I call them names...why? Because they know that there is no hateful intent behind those words. But the almightly Thought Police, led by Liberteen and the ACLU, can tell a person's intent. They are so correct, that you are 'ignorant' if you don't agree with their docrines. Don't you find that a little arrogant?

And I can say things to my friends that I can't to strangers, cause they know me. Saying you an say things to your friends and not offend them is pointless. Fagot, and carpet muncher are the same as porch monkey,honky,gook and cracker. Some people can use them, and other cannot.

I was told once. Freedom of speech is not there for speeches you want to hear, but rather there for the ones you do not.

Well, that's kind of my point, Divine. Your friends may know there's no harmful intent behind those words, in which case, they're fine for you and your friends, but we people here don't really know you well enough to know the difference between friendly banter and you being insulting and hateful. Not knowing you, we have to take you as you present yourself, at face value. What conclusions are we supposed to make by what you say?

Having said that, Divine, I cherish the first amendment to the Constitution. In fact, I cherish the Bill of Rights in its entirety. You are welcome to say whatever you want. I'm not going to stop you. But it's the position of every free man and woman to treat you however they like, based upon the manner in which you present yourself. It was never my intention to tell you "you can't say those things", merely to point out that saying those things in a room full of strangers does not exactly put one's best foot forward. smile

I read in school where the old Soviet Union would use this line of reasoning, as a way of silencing speech. Oh My God! Someone who works with the ACLU wants to label speech as 'dangerous'? I'd better call the ACLU and let them know that you don't believe in the 1st amendment.

Oh no, Divine, the words, the speech, they're innocent. It's the people behind those words that have the potential to make them dangerous, and the motives that drive those people. I don't propose anybody censor people like Alptraum; I propose that someone makes a kind and sincere attempt to change his mind, and, failing that, ignore him.

These are not social functions, these are political gatherings. At them, a bunch of wealthy elites, sit around and feel better
about themselves, because they made other people pay to help the poor. Meanwhile, the poor homeless guy, outside the banquet, is turned away because he is 'not a member'. How is that for hypocracy. At least I don't pretend to care about the poor.

Not all of the above functions had poverty as their raison cause, Divine. wink And you're right. The decadence of such events is a little humbling, and I've turned down a few invitations because I didn't think that enough was being done to actually help people, especially when compared to the back-patting ceremony that followed. But in this world, one must either live in abject poverty and give every dollar not spent on necessities to other people, or learn to live with the fact that we are not all equal. In my case, I do what I can to use my power, authority, and modicum of wealth to help others, and I think I do a decent job, but there's always room for improvement. How your position of moral uninvolvement gives you the chutzpah to claim the ethical high ground over me is simply boggling.

• 2 weeks later...

Homophobia is a waste of damn time if you ask me. I don't like dick, what does it matter to me if some guy does? And if a chick isn't into me because she's all about bush, well hey, I've met plenty of women who aren't into me for reasons that are more insulting than I've got the wrong accessories in my shorts.

Originally Posted By: Josh Brickman
At least I don't pretend to care about the poor.
It's really hard for me to relate to "the poor". I suspect that's true for most or all novas... but maybe I'm projecting.

Not that I am saying you don't know the difference, but I feel I need to announce. Relating to and caring about are two entirely different things.

And the base quote is against me as much as it is against Liberteen. But in the sake of keeping a topic going, i will not go too into that.

Homosexuality (The sex), in theory, is kind of a purely hedonistic thing. I mean, sex is for making another generation. When one member of one sex goes and has sex with a member with another member of his or her own sex, it accomplishes absolutely nothing for anyone other than the two involved. I really don't see anything wrong with it even like that. I mean, we're Novas. When we fuck its purely for fun.

I have no problems with homosexuals what so ever. Live and let die.

Archived