Catalyst

I think I should join the tereagen. I hate the legal code that are telling me what to do! Why does my age matter. I can't be hurt in a fire. I can be the fire! I can move flames. Hell I can and have lifted up a train! I am more power than a locomotive but I am a kid..So no "dangerous work" for me. Fuck it!

Catalyst, I'd caution you against making a rash decision that will affect the rest of your life. Given the durability that we have seen novas display, the 'rest of your life' might be a very long time. Affliating with a group like the Teragen will be a blemish on you that will bear as long as you exist.

If you are unhappy, then pursue the lawful avenues to express your displeasure and change the rules. Work within the system for change, rather than circumvent it and place yourself outside its realms. The laws will have to change, in time, to reflect some of the unique effects that novas will have on society, so you should began working toward your goals and help write the new policies.

Aura, I am venting, okay? I know I am not going to do it, but let's all make believe that one day the morons trying to protect me were doing a good thing. I don't want to see children working in sweat shop either ,but I am not trying make it so anyone can do my job. I am not trying to fight for the rights of some unnamed child in some unnamed part of the US, who lives ins an unknown time.

I am trying to save lives. I can't even do the training I need. I know that there will be fires come summer and I can't train enough to be a help them this year. I will be most likely a risk, because I can't train now. So these people want to hold me down in such away that could cost lives. The lives that I could save. Hell, they want to see the fire spread and burn out of control.They want to save me from myself. I am just venting, okay?

The fact is I will become old enough to ignore those people soon.I just don't want to wait. I am getting paid a lot of money because i said I would do something. I want to help people, and well I don't really see how my abilities will will help anyone if I can't use them. I hate feeling useless. I hate sitting day in and day out in a court room. Hell I am in the bathroom of a court room now as i type this.I am fighting for my rights and I am being told that my age is a bigger deal than my node, by people who don't have nodes!

This may come as a shock to you, dear, but your age is more important than your node. Sure, being a nova may give you power, and it sure seemed to, in your case. But what it rarely gives you is maturity and insight, and what it never gives you is training, practice and experience. Those things only come with age, and life.

I can understand you're frustrated, of course, and that you want to use your powers, that's all well and good, but remember, every step of the path is necessary, and if you can't skip ahead you might as well watch, learn and try to extract as much happiness as possible from the events at hand. As has been said, the destination is unimportant compared to the voyage.

Percivald you don't understand anything about what I have been saying.I can't train. I can't help people. I am being told I can't do something that could save lives. I am told that I should sit back and watch people go out and risk their lives doing something that I could do better, at less risk.. Why because I am not 18.

The every step of the path bullshit is akin to saying that I shouldn't be upset at how I erupted. Sorry, not everything is good. Things happen that suck. Things happen that should not have happened.

Then either do something about it, or shut up. Crying about it here isn't doing you any good and it certainly isn't winning you any sympathy votes from the looks of it.

If you really want to help people, then help them. How exactly is the law supposed to stop you? You can turn into any molecular structure you come into contact with if I remember some of your previous posts, correct? then what's stopping you from turning into air a gusting out a window? Or how about water and flowing down a drain pipe?

Just please stop all the moaning and bitching already.

Ye gods, has anyone told you to stop listening to The Cure and Linking Park?

Please, do that. You might be a battle tank in certain ocassions, but you do not know the protocol, do not know the real preacution measures, and by the way you talk, have no idea what it is to belong to a team.

Yeah, you might be able to lift a train and turn yourself into Iridium, but damnit you have no idea if that will be useful or even be a boon on certain situations, so calm down, mature and start training when you are allowed.

Quote:
The every step of the path bullshit is akin to saying that I shouldn't be upset at how I erupted. Sorry, not everything is good. Things happen that suck. Things happen that should not have happened.

Nothing ever happens that shouldn't happen, things happen because they should, or rather, they should happen because they do. Regretting the fact that they happened is like being upset about the wetness of the sea. Things are, and a good part of growing up is learning to accept that.

Quote:
Ye gods, has anyone told you to stop listening to The Cure and Linking Park?

I object! The Cure is not a whiny band, and certainly doesn't deserved to be shoved with Linkin Park.

Originally Posted By: Percivald

Nothing ever happens that shouldn't happen, things happen because they should, or rather, they should happen because they do....
I object! The Cure is not a whiny band, and certainly doesn't deserved to be shoved with Linkin Park.

So do you need to grow up yourself?

Originally Posted By: Catalyst

So do you need to grow up yourself?

Oh dear, you're so sharp you'll cut yourself. That question deserves three answers:

1. I was joking.

2. Objecting to something doesn't imply not accepting it, once something is accepted, one may strive to change it, but the important part is not to let the existence of that thing cause one any negative emotions.

3. Yes, I do still need to grow up. I'll need to grow up until I die, and then some. This does not invalidate what I say.

No, you are boring and old. The line of logic that nothing happens that should not happen and everything that happen is what should have happened leads down to the line there is not good or evil..Or rather everything is good, so good bash in the head of anyone you do not like!Or do anything you feel like doing...

Regardless of your personal tragedies, that does not mean you are right. You have failed to make an argument in your post above; rather, you attempt to make any further statements against your point seem as personal attacks against you. In short, you are making a pity play, and will attempt to paint anyone who disagrees with you as the bad guy.

If pointing out flaws to you makes me bad, then so be it.

Getting raped is an entirely different situation than not getting your way against the law. In both cases, the law affects you. In both cases, it should help you, one way by punishing those who committed a crime against your person, and one way by protecting you from situations that you are not ready to experience. I'm sure you've failed to understand that not only would your applicable training teach you to keep yourself safe while saving lives, but would also teach you the proper way to save lives. It would offer you protections from law suits, filed by the very people you rescued, who state that you hurt them further in the rescue. Or that you damaged their property.

I am in a class about this very thing at Addis Abba. Because of my powers, I have to be very, very careful about how I help others. You say you can become other elements, and some of those things are dangerous. You could do serious damage while having the best of intentions.

Now, back to you. Has this crime been reported to the proper authorities? What was the outcome of any arrest/trial/etc?

I'm boring and old? That got a chuckle. Of course, you are entitled to find me boring, but I'm not old, dear, just over-educated.

And you have completely misunderstood what I was trying to explain. Of course bad things happen, but thinking they should not have happened is both futile and ridiculous, things happen, that is reality, and that is what must be dealt with. Unless you can change the past (this being the Nova Age, I will make no assumptions), dwelling on it is fruitless.

Oh Cat, I know that you think that the world is unfair, that everybody is against you, and you feel that you are in the correct standing, but realistically speaking you are not.

You are still very young honey, and thinks will seem unfair to you for a while now until you realize the world for what it is, if once you see that, you still want to join the Teragen, feel free to join them. But for now, try to get things to go smoothly as possible.

Percivald, fuck you. Just fuck off. You can't say that everything that happens should happen and then pass judgement on me for what I do? If everything that happened should happen, then my ranting and raving should happen too. Go away, I do not want to hear any more of your half-hearted bullshit new age dogma.

Originally Posted By: Aura
Regardless of your personal tragedies, that does not mean you are right. You have failed to make an argument in your post above; rather, you attempt to make any further statements against your point seem as personal attacks against you. In short, you are making a pity play, and will attempt to paint anyone who disagrees with you as the bad guy.

If pointing out flaws to you makes me bad, then so be it.

Getting raped is an entirely different situation than not getting your way against the law. In both cases, the law affects you. In both cases, it should help you, one way by punishing those who committed a crime against your person, and one way by protecting you from situations that you are not ready to experience. I'm sure you've failed to understand that not only would your applicable training teach you to keep yourself safe while saving lives, but would also teach you the proper way to save lives. It would offer you protections from law suits, filed by the very people you rescued, who state that you hurt them further in the rescue. Or that you damaged their property.

I am in a class about this very thing at Addis Abba. Because of my powers, I have to be very, very careful about how I help others. You say you can become other elements, and some of those things are dangerous. You could do serious damage while having the best of intentions.

Now, back to you. Has this crime been reported to the proper authorities? What was the outcome of any arrest/trial/etc?

So, I should let people die because of the risk of a law suit? Would you rather die than sue than, live and not?

No, he is not in the hands of the proper authorities. He is wanted for more than a few crimes.

Originally Posted By: Percivald
And the truth is thus revealed: the Teragen fill their ranks with bored and rebellious teenagers. Not that I doubted it.
Thus why the Divis Malls have so much teen clothing.

...I can't train. I can't help people. I am being told I can't do something that could save lives. I am told that I should sit back and watch people go out and risk their lives doing something that I could do better, at less risk.. Why because I am not 18.
Yep. By the same token, some of the other threads indicate you aren't really ready for sex either. Same logic.

Problem isn't what happens if things go right. You've said you're better than most, I'll believe it. Problem is what happens if things go wrong.

In your profession, people WILL die, and some of them will die because you weren't there or messed up. You aren't ready to live with yourself WHEN that happens.

As for the Teragen; I *seriously* don't understand the point. I'm supposed to join a group that wants... what? Me to stop having sex with baselines? It's none of their business, and even they admit it. They want to be different, as a group? Am I the only one who sees a lack of independant thinking there?

So, I should let people die because of the risk of a law suit? Would you rather die than sue than, live and not?

No, he is not in the hands of the proper authorities. He is wanted for more than a few crimes.

I assume you're asking if I would rather die than be saved improperly, leaving to a crippling injury that reduces my quality of life. To that end, I will tell you, I don't know. It depends on the injury in question, and how much it will debilitate me.

My advice to you was for your protection. This is why you are still treated as a child; you are acting like one and not thinking through the possible consequences of your actions. If you wish to rescue people and risk further injury to them and endless lawsuits to yourself, you are certainly welcome to ignore my advice and do just that.

To me, the more important issue is the assault that was rendered on you. Who is this man, and can the combined and unusual abilities of this group help the authorities find and detain him?

Originally Posted By: Aura

My advice to you was for your protection. This is why you are still treated as a child; you are acting like one and not thinking through the possible consequences of your actions. If you wish to rescue people and risk further injury to them and endless lawsuits to yourself, you are certainly welcome to ignore my advice and do just that.

To me, the more important issue is the assault that was rendered on you. Who is this man, and can the combined and unusual abilities of this group help the authorities find and detain him?

My protection? What I need it now, but will not need it whem I am 18? Tell me, really does turning 18 have some magical effect that will part great wisdom on me?

Aura, if you cared about it, you would get a hold Carlos. I left that to people who know what they are doing. I do not.

My protection? What I need it now, but will not need it whem I am 18? Tell me, really does turning 18 have some magical effect that will part great wisdom on me?

No, there is no great wisdom imparted to you when you turn 18, and in truth, my arguments applied to you whether you're 18 or not. Before you turn 18, however, it is not your right to make that kind of binding decision regarding your person or your future. Once you are 18, you are liable. Look up the word; learn it well, because if you run about willy-nilly saving people without forethought, training, or an organization to act as a protective umbella, you will be dealing with it. A lot.

Aura, if you cared about it, you would get a hold Carlos. I left that to people who know what they are doing. I do not.

I do care, and you're a horrible little child for implying that I don't. In truth, I would contact the authorities, but you have given me no information about this crime, so I would have very little to give to anyone. For example, you said he's wanted for other crimes, which implied that the police know about him and are looking for him. You didn't say that you have reported this crime, and that is why I was asking. The more information I have, the more I could give the authorities. Unless you've already told the police about this, in which case, it would be a waste of their time for me to say anything.

But even if the police know, they could be aided by someone here. We can't offer help, unless you tell us more. So please, elaborate.

Originally Posted By: Gabe Law
What the heck is this thread even about? No way in hell am I scrolling up and reading it from the start.

Aura: Aaaand.... who might you be? Can't say I've seen you around before.

This thread is about a horrible little child who whines about not being allowed to be an adult, then proceeds to act every bit the child she is to prove that we should change our opinion of her.

I am Kylie Durham; I work as a chemist for Project Utopia. Are you THE Gabriel Law?

Originally Posted By: Chase Hardin
You know, If Catalyst here is a typical example of Novadom, then I'm glad that whatever greater power may exist saw fit to make us sterile.

Sure, Chase, use one teenager, who sounds as if she's suffered significant emotional truama, as the bar by which to measure us all.

That said, guys, remember, she is a teenager. I'm not saying lay off her - she is responsible for her own words - but 1) teenagers are still figuring their way in the world and 2) she'll grow up in a few years and we can all laugh about this moment. So, maybe not be so serious, my friends?

Aura, you fail to see how I will be 18 before I would have to do field work, but I have been told that the amount of time train would take me if I did not start until I was 18, I would have to wait a year...So Because I can't train now, I will be forced to wait a year for no good damn reason. As In training the only person I put at risk is myself... Oh I could sue myself if I got myself hurt!

I am not going out of my ways to learn about the man who did it to me. I am not a cop. Don't want to be a superhero. I am not here to fight crime. I do not know what crimes he has done. I am not going to his trail. I don't have to. So, yes I know as little about him as I can possibly know. He is being tracked down by a few legal authorities. I think he has a file with Utopia. I don't know and do not want to find out. He is a nova has acid based powers. Now either go off and get or don't but don't you dare ask me to tag along in your crusade.

Originally Posted By: Caramel Bath
That said, guys, remember, she is a teenager. I'm not saying lay off her - she is responsible for her own words - but 1) teenagers are still figuring their way in the world and 2) she'll grow up in a few years and we can all laugh about this moment. So, maybe not be so serious, my friends?

She is on a public forum, complaining about not being an adult. Aside from the fact that she is acting like a child, I am doing as she demands: I am treating her as I would any other adult. And this is how I would treat an adult who acted this way. If this distresses her, then she should reconsider her desire to grow up.

Aura, you fail to see how I will be 18 before I would have to do field work, but I have been told that the amount of time train would take me if I did not start until I was 18, I would have to wait a year...So Because I can't train now, I will be forced to wait a year for no good damn reason. As In training the only person I put at risk is myself... Oh I could sue myself if I got myself hurt!

Wrong. You put your guardian, your trainers and whomever else may have allowed you to train at risk from criminal negligence charges, which carries a hefty penalty, especially in relation to a minor. It is not just you who may be hurt, but others as well. Your actions have consequences for more people than yourself - the sooner you learn this hard lesson, the better.

I am not going out of my ways to learn about the man who did it to me. I am not a cop. Don't want to be a superhero. I am not here to fight crime. I do not know what crimes he has done. I am not going to his trail. I don't have to. So, yes I know as little about him as I can possibly know. He is being tracked down by a few legal authorities. I think he has a file with Utopia. I don't know and do not want to find out. He is a nova has acid based powers. Now either go off and get or don't but don't you dare ask me to tag along in your crusade.

And you stop putting words into my mouth. I never said that you were being brought along; all I asked for was information, which you have provided as petulantly as possible. I am tired of dealing with you, so may I have contact information for this Carlos person? I’d rather deal with a presumably reasonable adult from here on out.

Archived