Aberrant: 2011 - Enhancement; Animal Empathy (Approved!)

Libertyne

Resubmitted for Mod approval, with the support of:

Robert J. Lambert

Summer Solstice

Motley

King Felix

DeepWater

(CHA) Animal Empathy

Description: Being likable extends further than simply being well-regarded by other sentient creatures. Novas with this enhancement extend their natural charisma to their dealings with members of the animal kingdom. Animals will instinctively regard the nova as friendly, non-threatening, and tend to treat her as though she were a member of their own family group. Some of the few novas who possess this ability jokingly refer to it as 'The Snow White Effect' in reference to the cliche about animals of all kinds crawling out of the woodwork and placidly surrounding any fairy tale princess who starts singing.

System: Spend a point of quantum. For the rest of the scene, any animals that the nova comes into contact with will react toward her as though she were a friendly member of the same species. Depending on the social structure of the animal, it will see her as dominating, neutral, or submissive, whichever the animal would be most inclined to regard positively. This does not confer upon the nova any ability to communicate in any meaningful way with the animal or issue it any commands (which is the domain of the Animal/Plant Mastery power) or have the animal perform tasks it is unfamiliar with. Rather, it causes all animals in the area to see the nova as their immediate kin; they will approach and interact with her eagerly and may even fight on her behalf if they feel she is threatened by an outside source. An animal who has received training will enthusiastically carry out any commands it knows when issued by the nova. Any animal actively attacked by the nova will take immediate flight, and subsequent uses of this enhancement that scene will not work on it.

Awesome! Thanks! laugh My only question about this is do you get any sort of XP break on buying things you made yourself? Otherwise, at 4 XP a month and Enhancements costing 5 XP, this won't be open to this character until early February. cry

Now! That said, I have no problem with anybody using this very limited power if it strikes their fancy. smile So I'm just going to say it's universally available to everybody starting immediately. grin

• 5 months later...

LiberTeen,

Would you mind if I were to steal this lock, stock and barrel to try to get it approved over in 2017? I've been using 'Beastial Rapport' from Forceful Personalities for this with PW since pretty near character creation, but to be honest, you're write-up is much more appropriate.

- Jess

• 3 weeks later...

Archived