[OpNet] A place to go.

Tempest

Okay, we all know I'm new to the whole nova thing and I'm only 17 but why is it I can't find somewhere to go to socialize with my peers? And by peers I mean other Novas.

I mean sure there's the Phoenix Club and Ibiza or Club Babylon, but those require you to be of a legal age to drink and stuff. That doesn't helpl me, or any of the other underage Novas out there.

There's the Rashoud facilities but who wants to hang out in the equivilant of a hospital?

Does anyone know of a place where I can go to meet other Novas and just chill out? Would anyone be interested in a place like this?

well, if you don't mind hanging out with a not-so-old man like myself, or with my sister. You can drop by whenever you want, just call ahead.

But your question is a good one, Rashound facilities are not the best of places to make friends, and being underage does limit your entrance to alcohol serving clubs.

Well, I hear Spain has a lower drinking age than the U.S., and its a known thing that Novas can drink far more than normal people and still not be inebriated. So if you haven't been around for 18 years right now, just hang around and in short time you will be able to hang out in Spain.

As far as the 'Now' and not the 'Then', well I can recommend that if you cant find any place where Novas hang out, why not make one yourself? You don't necessarily have to make an Amp/Phoenix Room, but just like a 'Thursday night, Nova Only football games' or 'Saturday Night, Nova Party'. I'm pretty sure that you have mentioned flying at very high speeds before, so I would find it hard to think you cant take a couple of minutes to promote a simple party every now and then.

Hope you find what you are looking for Tempest.

Hey thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on it.

So what, your talking about a house party type of deal? Shee, the 'rents would just love that! And by love, I mean hate. I suppose I could always rent a space or something but then it comes back down to the party aspect. I'm not just looking for a place to party though.

I don't know. I just can't believe that there's nothing like that out there already.

I haven't caught where you said you lived, but Im sure that you can ask a couple of local business for backing to rent a field out of town or something.

But you say you don't want a place to party. You can always just do the advertising but just for a meeting. Dont know, a BBQ (If you feel like draining your state out of meat and veggies) or maybe organize a couple of 'Meet your fellow Novas!' rallys. Uh, just stay away from CoMA territory.

Otherwise, as I said. Just PM me and you can drop by whenever you feel like.

Perhaps something can be arranged for those of us barred from the regular places. Or even for those of us who do not find watching others get drunk to be quality entertainment.

As nothing exists yet, I will point out that most of us have massive liquid assets that can be used for such a venture. Vali, Gray and I would be willing to contribute our fair share, so long as a fair share of any profits came back to us. Any other interested investors?

If you feel you're barred then you are.

Tempest, why don't you take the trip to Chicago and knock on the doors of the Windy City Knights. Tell them you're a nova and looking for a work credit program for school. Or that you're doing a paper on the influence of municipal defenders. Either way works.

If nothing else you should get a tour.

Novas for the most part find it rather easy to travel. Kid, if you want to hang out with a few other novas around here just ask. Trust me, most of them are rolling in dough and have nothing vetter to do with thier time than jerk off on thier next Coproate Sponsership Contract or whatnot.

Seriously, you wanna meet someone, ask. You'll most likely get a bite, like Polymath up there for example... whatever the hell a polymath is...

And if you are ever in Chicago don't stop by the WCKHQ, we have better things to do than grant tours to Whiney Baby kids who complain on the OpNet cuz no one wants to hang out with them.

See? I told you it was solid plan Tempest. You get to fly to Chicago. See some sights. And if you're lucky you might even get get dinner to go along with visiting the set of the Windy City Knights show.

What more could a new nova ask for?

Tempest, don't in your rush to spend time with one peer group neglect the other, meaning people your own age. As a relatively new Nova myself, I realize there is a desire or need to speak with other Novas. By all means do so. Don't forget that you will have years or decades, if not more, to do that. You will only be truly young once.

Lou Anne

You know Anne, Technically, if he indeed had decades and maybe even a century or two to his lifetime, his Nova physiology will keep him young pretty much until what his actual life expectancy would call a middle age.

As said, if he were to live, for 300 years. He wouldn't look old until he hit the 160 mark, which would be the equivalent of 40 for normal humans, and even then I doubt he would advance much more than that.

So take your time Tempest, you might just be ONLY young for a looooong time to come.

Polymath is right. I erupted as a teen; despite being in my twenties now, I still look like a fucking teenager. It's fine when cruising for a bedmate, but it sucks having to flash your ID all the time.

And whether they're nova or baseline, choose your companions with care. And I'll stop with the Dad-mode now (that happens when you actually become a father; it's instinctual on some level).

While it's true that his body will remain young for quite a while, his mind and perceptions will age and change over time. Perhaps it's easier with the ever-young body of a Nova to continue to feel 17 or 18, but time and responsibility tend to have a toll psychologically. I now look much younger than before my eruption, but no matter how much better I feel, I can't say that I relate to the current early-mid twenties demographic that I appear to be part of.

I spent most of my youth in school. Heck, I still have to finish my Philosophy Thesis so I'm technically not out yet... Almost there. Curse that desire for a 3rd Doctorate.

Lou Anne Burgess

Someone who shares my interests!

How nice to find another fellow Knowledge seeker in here.

I got myself a couple of titles from the local (AKA Mexican) schools, mostly to have something to do betewen works.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask, there is a chance I could be of help, and Hey helping is good. Or so does Sesame Street says.

This also brings a comment to my head. You youself admitted that your mentality changes as you grow up, this comes from different things, form life experience (and lets say that some Novas have the ability to tune into Drama like a radio) and from how other people would expect to perceive you.

You grew, and once you erupted you became younger.

Tempest here erupted already young, and will stay like that. Most people will treat him like a teenager, because for the next pair of decades he will look like a teenager, This will affect his development because he will say "Hey, Im already 30, why do I get to flash my I.D. every time I want a beer?".

Its circumstances out of control, but while this does not mean that a slowing down on his mental growth is set on stone, its a factor, one which can be easely overcome by gathering of peers that know you for your true age and not for the age you appear as.

But hey, thats just me going off on a tanget ^_^

I appreciate all ths advice guys. I don't think I'll be taking any trips out of the country just yet (I'm Canadian by the way) because I'm still a minor and not looking to create an international incident by illegaly crossing into a foreign country. That doesn't stop me from legally entering the States of course.

I like the idea of a Barbeque but it's winter up here so something like that will have to wait for the summer. I like your idea Clark, a what, country club(?) for Novas sounds like a pretty cool idea.

If any of you are going to be up in the Hamilton/Toronto area of Southern Ontario any time soon, let me know.

You're not really suggesting a seventeen year old kid pick up his book bag and head to Havanna are you? He's a kid. Yeah I know he has a node but he's also a kid. A Canadian kid. He's use to civility and polite politics. And you think he should head to Havanna?

I'm thinking this one has disaster written all over it.

Originally Posted By: Girl Made of Titaniu
I was a seventeen year-old Canadian kid when I popped, and the first thing I did was hide out in another country. It worked out well for me.

Why would I run a away from home and go to someother country when I've done nothing wrong?

It's nice to meet another Canadian here though.

• 2 months later...

Have you found what you are looking for yet, Tempest? I hope you have. For me, and many i have spoken too, the act of looking for some place to fit in will lead you only to the places you don't. I say to you just be, and you will find your place in the world.

I spend most of time in in places that do not wish to be advertised not to say you could not go there, but I will not be the one who shows you.

I could tell you of, Knightly's. A great place, if you do not mind things to be dark, learning to speak "German". Other than Knightly's there are very few places that I could tell you of, that I bother going to to hang out.

See what I mean Eddy?

YT what was the point to that last post? Are you trying to impress me with how mysterious and enigmatic you think you can sound? Do you just like posting without actually saying anything useful?

Do me a favor and keep your "advice" to yourself in the future. I really don't like trying to decipher Moronese.

Tempest, my last post was not to you at all. I was askd a question and I anwsered. Most places I go to and ahng ou in are not for the public. This is nothing to do wth you. The lasr post was to Eddy Ally.

Tempest, grow up and learn that the world at large is not your play ground and you are not the center of it. I only said to you that in trying to fit in some place will most likely not.

Perhaps you should learn a few manner then? If your post had nothing to do with the topic of the thread then the polite thing to do would have been to answer Eddy in private, or start a new thread.

And I am well aware that the world does not revolve around me. In fact I'd say I have a better grasp of it that fact than you do. This is my thread however, and I would appreciate it you'd keep converation not dealing with the topic and questions I asked out of it.

Do you know who I am?Do you know what I do? This not a statement of ego or pride but of facts. You wander into a public or least semi-public forum calll faul or one thing and when shown to be wrong call faul for another. If you thought it was rude of me to reply to Eddy Ally in the public,then do you not find it ruede that Eddy Ally replied to me in this thread first? I did not show any signs or put any baitout to be asked what I do for my free time or where I do it, yet when asked I anwsered the most honest way I knew how. I replied to him in public becuase he asked in public.

First off. Learn to use the tools the opnet provides and make use of the spell checker. If I didn't lknow better I'd say I'm replying to a post from a dyslexic 4 year old.

Second off, I understand you are a mercenary. So what? Is that supposed to be a threat? Am I supposed to back down because of your job? Sorry but it doesn't impress me.

Yes, Eddy probably should've asked you in private but I'm more willing to forgive his lapse mainly because he's a new face around here and from the looks of things isn't a complete moron. Unlike some who choose to spend their time here.

Archived