Aberrant RPG - Momentum Control Help and info!

willo

Hi! I'm new here and needed some help with momentum control, I wanted to ask, first is momentum control usable in combat?

Do the targets has a dice throw against Momentum control?

If I use momentum Transformation on a Target decelerating him, do I make him stop only or mo I make him unable to move?

Thanks!

I'm going off memory, here, but my recollection is that MC can be used in combat, and the target can undo one of your successes for every success they get on a Wits roll. Using Transformation to stop someone dead halts them immediately and drains them of momentum. They're not held fast, they can continue moving immediately, but they have to gather whatever inertia they had over again.

• 2 months later...

You would, in the case of Transformation, stop the target cold. Sounds silly, right? They can just start moving again. Like most Momentum Control powers in combat, however, this one is all about timing. Say, stopping a Hypermovement junkie cold in front of your Mega-Strength friend right before your friend's initiative count. Or, just for another example, killing someone's momentum in midair right in front of that oncoming 747 they were manuvering around. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and your wicked sense of humor.

Other fun uses include stopping large, heavy objects directly in front of or on top of targets, then letting the target's motion or gravity take its course.

I don't mind it as a power particularlly, since it does fill a gap in the rules if someone wants to take that kind of power, but it's frankly fairly underpowered for the experience cost and I'd very much encourage someone to only take it if they really, really feel the need to have that particular set of tricks to fit their theme.

Archived