Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind. Just reviewed the rules on DD. You still need to breath unless you have adaptability or something else that would allow you to survive without breathing. So I'd say, that anyone I attuned either needs to have adaptability or I'd have to regularly come up for air if I had a passenger.

Also, if Buzz is about to venture an opinion he'll wait till he hears what he has to say. He is prepared to go 'rescue' Gregory if necessary though.

No biggie, it's fixed. I was a change of scene (as you all had to travel about 30 minutes back to the town) and I always I assume that powers don't get kept up between scenes unless I am told otherwise.

For future reference just let me know if you intend to maintain your intangible state over time... same goes for the rest you and your special maintenance powers.

Since Gregory has already created one construct this scene, he will be at a +1 difficulty, and at double cost for any other constructs made.

BTW...I just remembered that you can't duplicate a person with Q-construct...I assume that also means mindless duplicates of ones-self.

I was under the impression that if I opened the Warp at ground level, I could basically hang on the edge of the 'ground' there to drop silently onto the roof. If that's not the case, then I'll look for something like a bar, or a beam, lay it across the Warp, and use that. I want to open the Warp at a height that I could lower myself quietly onto the roof, not just drop onto it. I figure that will require a Stealth roll, which I think I'll be able to pull off.

And um, I hadn't really mentioned that I was going to Warp onto the building, but I thought I said I was going to look for myself ... if I didn't, I meant to.

Hey guys, I dunno if anyboyd got to see it but I updated earlier not knowing that the site was being updated and that new posts would be lost. I'm going to see if Chosen can get that post back for me otherwise I'll need to re-write it (which sucks cause it was like a page long!!) expect something sometime before the end of the weekend.

sorry!

Well, I think that two of us (use the buddy system!) need to check out the building to be sure. Preferably those who know something about Engineering to possibly spot any hidden areas. I'm not sure if Adam, as the group's apparent most combat-knowledgeable character, should be one of the two (in case the aberrants get frisky) or stay outside (in case this is a set-up).

Give me a day or two to figure out how to properly phrase it in a failed-attempt-to-be-diplomatic-while-ending-up-being-threatening. smile

To put what Doug is doing into perspective, and fully explain it, he can't dorm, so his casual, walking around weight tollerance has always used Mega-Str rules since his eruption.

Basically he (meaning I) would like an IC judgement on whether his strength is weaker, or whether it's just gone as in baseline gone.

Buzz without the quantum effects bolstering your mind your flashback should last longer and be more vivid than normal, feel free to run with it.

Courier, mega-strength is gone, as would be any mega stats/enhancements.

Raider, quamtum pool is drained though the initial rush of quantum back into your node means that you might experience increased regeneration for a short time once outside the field.

Per the errata entry for Crush ... Bold emphasis mine for clarity

Crush, page 157

Replace system with: Strength damage is normally bashing damage. A nova with this ability inflicts bare-handed (Brawl or Martial Arts) as lethal damage. Additionally, each Quantum Point spent adds one level of lethal damage, up to the amount allowed by Node. The nova must spend a full turn to focus his attack and spends the chosen amount of Quantum Pool (minimum one) to augment the damage. He makes the Crush attack on the following turn, at his normal initiative. This enhancement only lasts for one strike, but can be reactivated as long as the nova has Quantum Pool to power it. This enhancement is cumulative with Claws. Example: Luther has Strength 4, Mega-Strength 4 and Node 3. Normally, he can inflict 6d10[20] Bashing. With Crush, he can spend up to 12 Quantum Points (adding 12 automatic damage levels and converting from bashing to lethal) to increase his damage to 6d10[32] Lethal for one strike.quote]

I read that as you always need to spend a single point to active the enhancement regardless, you may spend additional Q to further juice your attack

That statement says that there are two effects to Crush.

1) A nova with this ability inflicts bare-handed (Brawl or Martial Arts) as lethal damage....

In Courier's case he uses Crush to do things like rip things/people in half lengthwise by pushing/pulling them apart with his strength field.

2) Additionally, each Quantum Point spent adds one level of lethal damage, up to the amount allowed by Node. The nova must spend a full turn to focus his attack and spends the chosen amount of Quantum Pool (minimum one) to augment the damage.

I read that as you always need to spend a single point to active the enhancement regardless, you may spend additional Q to further juice your attack...

Just to be clear, my HTH damage right now is bashing... and I have to spend a full turn to make my damage lethal?

Originally Posted By: Courier

Just to be clear, my HTH damage right now is bashing... and I have to spend a full turn to make my damage lethal?

That is how I have always understood the power to work, post errata or otherwise. If I am wrong please point me the direction of something which can clarify the logic behind the ability using no juice ...

Archived