Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let's see. A warper who probably has never been to this city... or at least never to Raider's shop or Al's Bakery. I'm guessing he's going to need more directions than that but we'll see.

If he asks for directional directions I'm going to tell him "about two miles in that direction" (which should be interesting since he probably thinks in kilometers) and with a blind port we could end up pretty far away.

If he realizes porting blind might not be a good idea then we walk... and while I won't delibrately add another mile to the trip I will take us to the most busy streets and the like.

Have you been including Gregory in any of your conversations? I was just asking, because everyone seems to be communicating via link with one another. Since I have not seen Gregory's name in any of the plans to slow the Frenchies down, I assume his input into the plans is not needed...Hence, I have not been posting.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm still here.

Originally Posted By: Gregory
Have you been including Gregory in any of your conversations? I was just asking, because everyone seems to be communicating via link with one another. Since I have not seen Gregory's name in any of the plans to slow the Frenchies down, I assume his input into the plans is not needed...Hence, I have not been posting.
Fair enough. You have been included in most of the telepathic conversations, and are excluded only from the ones where it says (sent to X) or (sent only to X).

Basically, I'm trying to put these guys in the right mindset. If they think they can come in just making demands and threats they are in for a rude awakening. The more they demand the more I'm going to push back. We are not going to be their errand boys going hunting for dangerous aberrants just because they bluster and make claims. Their city isn't going to go to war over this, not when we are perfectly willing to give them what we have recovered. Besides Jimmy did expend valuable fuel in the attempt to recover the ship and we have been put in danger. Besides, if they do decide to declare war over this they will be in for a serious fight, and I doubt they will enjoy that.

I suppose the idea I had for delaying the Frenchmen is a little late in coming. I was going to simulate an abberant attack (via Q-Construct), for which the group (with the K-Bekers) would become divided and take some time to reassemble. It was just a plan to slow them down. Oh well, next time.

Hey guys, sorry about not posting last night I'm in the house hunting/buying process and spent most of last night talking to family and freinds trying to decide if I want to make an offer on a place I saw this weekend. Needless to say if I do I'll have a reduction in my posting speed as this ramps up. *sigh*

I expect to post sometime today probably tonight. I'd like to move the story along so that we can get everybody involved again.

So I'll be ending this scene and starting a new one when I post, if anybody has anything else to do this scene please post it here before the evening.

Also I know we lost Jimmy, Is everybody else still present and interesting in continuing?

Thanks!

I'll probably be awarding experience soon actually. I think that this will end out the chapter and we'll pick up after a couple of game days and move the story forward. I need to review the expereince chart but you'll get expereince as you would for a full session (so between like 4 and 7 points)

OK guys, if you want to interject anything to the end of Chapter One please keep it self contained, if you want to argue the deal feel free to let me know HERE. I'll post the start of Chapter 2 tomorrow evening and with some luck we'll get a decent week of posting before my week vacation (from the 18th through the 25th)

there will be 2 days downtime between the chapters so if you want to do anything in particular (like working on skills or ongoing projects/background/nova powers) Please indicate that.

Dr. Bradford, I have a question about Adam's Q-Bolt that's along the lines of "pulling your power" -

Rather than pulling out damage dice, can I choose to lower the size of the explosion? Like, say, making the damage drop off at 1 die per meter, rather than 1 die per 3 meters? I wouldn't expect this to lower the cost of it (the way dropping damage to 1/2 does) but it would be far more helpful than possibly obliterating my allies or potential rescue targets, and it is less powerful than the standard version.

Hi guys,

Adam in regards to pulling the area, the book is pretty clear that extras can't be turned off/on and are a full part of the power. However I do understand where you are coming from not wanting to always blow up your target.

I'll allow you to use successes on a "power max" roll to reduce the area on an inverse scale. Noramally each success would double the area you can choose to halve the area for each success AND/OR normally you can spend two scuccess (IIRC) to gain an extra you can spend two to completely remove the area extra if you want. You may do this at a cost of one Temp Taint and no Quantum Pool points (it shouldn't cost more quantum to have a weaker power) and you will get your full Quantum score in dice. Botch will as usual result in more taint.

The taint cost is derived from the fact that you are forcably holding back your quantum powers. A Teras following Nova would find the act an anathma and be unable to convert taint to crysalis. Not that it'll come up this game but if I run a "standard" nova game I'll keep this rule mechanic if it proves to work well enough.

Example:

Pay 1 taint and roll quantum - roll has 3 successes you can either have a no area q-bolt or reduce the area to as small as 1/8 of its normal size (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8)

Archived