Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

Originally Posted By: Courier
((Opening the Warp about 30 meters above the ground, then next round dropping three q-bolts in a triangle pattern around the two Abbys, each one about three meters away from the others. If the Warp stays open more than that one round, repeat the bombing the next round if they are still alive. If one of the Abbys can fly or jump up towards the Warp, abort actions to close it before they can get in.))

Adam: Your range on these things is 15x(3+2) or 75 meters.

Your area of effect is 2m x (4x2 + 2x3) => 2m (8+6) => 28 meters. This is a problem because that Q-Bolt will go through the gate.

I suggest you increase the range to 50-60 meters or so.

Stupid math ... I do enough at work can't I get away from it when GMing ?

Adam I'll assume that you intend to NOT channel the blast through the warp and back into Raider's garage and post accordingly. If not let me know and I will ret-con

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for the ST. If Gregory forms his Q. Construct with his FF, does the Impervious nature of the FF also apply to the Construct? I understand the FF soak does not apply to the Construct though, so I could understand the Impervious nature not applying as well.

*sigh* Q-Construct is a power that I think slipped through the editing cracks. To my knowledge it is the only power with a pre-req. of any kind and specifically a pre-req. of another power.

As the power is written you don't need to have anything other than some level and form of FF (you could give it the weakness "only on easter sunday" and make it a lvl 1 power I suppose with only 1 dot ...). The FF has no effect on the quality of the Q-construct nor on the amount of dots you may buy in Q-construct etc.

Basically I would say NO as the powers interact in no other way.

Yeah, sorry if that wasn't clear but you guys have not actually seen the other one at all only heard his voice breifly and saw some sort of attack just before Adam nuked the area.

As for this guy I'll give a better description once Raider gets close but think of an overgrown Koosh ball with a brain (a small brain)

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
Yeah sorry about that Buzz, but that is the nature of a flaw. And seeing Adam drop a trio of mini-nukes seemed like a very reasonable trigger for another flashback ...
Really? Ah well - I'd been figuring on throwing 6 (and then taking a long nap) but I suppose it's better that we left one of them alive to interrogate.

Just as a FYI, if it's a singing telegram girl at the door, I'm going to kill her and blame it on Mr. Boddy. grin

RE: The link

As we are in combat it can't be rotated.

Quote:
Courier holds out one of his metal spheres, draws it back against his strength field... but doesn't actually launch it.
If ST wishes I'll edit this, but what I'm assuming is the power charging up thrown objects (Mega-Strength) can be felt. If Doug wants to throw an object, the way he visualizes mentally is similar to a spitwad with a rubber band. He pulls back the object against his strength field then releases it, launching it. So this is just a special effect on Mega-Strength.

Courier has one big power, i.e. a "strength" field. This field lets him fly, lift stuff, it can be applied on things unevenly making them split (i.e. Crush), or applied on things evenly lifting objects that should fall apart of their own weight. We might call it tactile TK, but that requires more intelligence and formal training than Doug has so "strength" field it is. The Link presumably isn’t related to this (as this isn’t Marvel where TK and Telepathy are the same power).

A thrown object from Courier normally does Strength damage. This presumably means small objects take off like missiles. Rather than have him throw objects like a baseball player, I'd rather have him use (or at least think he's using) a different special effect. He reaches out mentally with the strength field and launches them with it by thinking he’s using it like a 3-D rubber band.

Archived