Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
Originally Posted By: Courier

Just to be clear, my HTH damage right now is bashing... and I have to spend a full turn to make my damage lethal?
That is how I have always understood the power to work, post errata or otherwise. If I am wrong please point me the direction of something which can clarify the logic behind the ability using no juice ...
Well... that's the sound of my jaw dropping. You are right, and that means the whole enhancement works very differently than I'd been seeing. How odd.

Originally Posted By: BlueNinja
Apologies, Bradford, if my replies seem rather short and/or delayed. I'm in the process of having my house packed up and cleaned in preparation of moving to Japan less than five weeks from now.

No biggie, I'm trying to reply when everybody has had a chance to act, or once a day which ever comes first. Real life does come first. Good luck with your move

Well... that's the sound of my jaw dropping. You are right, and that means the whole enhancement works very differently than I'd been seeing. How odd.

Well I've certainly been wrong before but I'm pretty certain that they were not intending CRush to be free. Granted you need to be in CC range but it's still like a 0 QP high level Q-bolt and seems further out of balance than even Aberrant can maintain laugh

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
Well I've certainly been wrong before but I'm pretty certain that they were not intending CRush to be free. Granted you need to be in CC range but it's still like a 0 QP high level Q-bolt and seems further out of balance than even Aberrant can maintain laugh
I was thinking 0pt Crush just did lethal damage without needing to wait for a turn. Considering Eufiber's Weave does that (or a knife for that matter) it didn't seem unreasonable for an enhancement.

RE: Doug's comments about Adam
I'm assuming Adam is *not* able to hear this BTW.

Moving to Japan huh? I lived there for a year, in 1995, I was teaching English with the Aeon school in Shiki (which is in the Saitama Prefecture). Where are you staying?

And also, Buzz has actually been a Nova a relatively short time. He's old and he erupted late, I'm thinking within the past year or so.

You're welcome, although since you do have 2 aberrations it was very much an IC thing to say.

And speaking of putting people down for the good of the community, *does* the community have an upper level for taint, and is the penality exile or termination?

Gack. So you are the real deal then, you actually have -1 social from taint 4?

And the reason I wasn't referring to you was several fold. First, as a hidden ace, you need to be pulled out only if needed (and a retorical point doesn't count). Second, Doug knows you less well, i.e. you obviously are already having issues with social integration and picking on you wouldn't help. Third, I'd rather point out one guy as an aberrant amoung the group... it widens the perceived distance between us novas and the outlaw abbies. Confessing that half the party could go raving mad inside a year or two wouldn't create the right impression.

You're welcome, although since you do have 2 aberrations it was very much an IC thing to say.
Oh yes, I agree! I wanted Adam to start a little way down the path, though I don't intend on increasing his taint for quite some time. But at the same time, he's not that close to gaining social penalties.

yeah people may be uneasy around Adam at first but he is fairly well known for his defense of the town (multiple incidents) and so they have warmed to him. Gregory is the kind of guy that people don't usually feel confortable around but he's also a fringe type anyways. People don't see what they don';t want to see and as a result it has worked to Gregory's advantage so far.

Well folks we're getting to the close of Chapter 2. I'm going with the assuption that we're just about wrapped up here, continue to converse with Johnny, Bob, or whomever else. In the meantime I'm going to start prepping for Chapter 3 and the continuation of your search for KB.

Incidentally I hope you appreciate the double meaning of Chapter 2's title ... laugh

I'll get experience out you you all soon, anything that you bought previously will be at your full disposal for chapter 3.

Hopefully everybody is having a good time with the game, I know I am.

I think the next step is to wait a couple of hours here to regain juice (probably meditating on KB's link), then Courier will fly back home. That does several things at once; It teachs him where the town is (which he will need to know to ship stuff to), and he can search for KB at the same time (supposedly the town was in the general direction of where she was going, so presumably he'd be flying back over her trail at some point).

This will also serve as an excuse to finally give Doug some Mega-Stamina, assuming exp kicks in about then.

OK I'm going to update soon. If Adam wants to do or say anything just post it and I'll update my post accordingly ...

What I need is to confirm

Adam, Buzz and Gregory are headed directly back to Newborough via Warp - correct?

Raider and Courier are going to fly back - Correct? Since you don't actually know where you are how are you going to accomplish this? i.e. you need to pick a direction and fly unless you have some other plans that I have not thought of ....

RE: Courier and Raider being lost.

Assuming we have no idea where we are (which isn't true, I've looked up in a very rough way were we are on the maps) We fly South East till we get to the Ocean. Then we follow the coast till we get to an area Doug knows. Doug's cruising speed is 200 kpm, or 120 mph. So we're something like 3 hours, four if we take a scenic route.

Experience has been PMed.

I'll give you guys time to get back to me and Probably start Chapter 3 tonight.

I'm pretty pleased with the smooth operation of the game thus far. The only comment I would like to make is that I do like characterization built into you posts, internal dialog, your actions and reactions in terms of your movements and emotions. All of this helps to color both your characters and the world. Buzz and Gregory have a great handle on this already. This will also help me with NPC interaction and generally makes for a better read for everybody.

Phooey I keep forgetting stuff. One last Request. Can everybody please update their character's and send me VIA PM their characters with the subject being "[character's name] Char Sheet".

I'm killing myself looking in at least 3 different location for characters and looking in PM thread with weird titles everytime I need to roll a skill or check a stat.

I would really apprciate this, Thanks.

** case in point I forgot that Courier had Vampiric Eufiber which would have wanted to fill back up by sucking his life force ... lucky for you Courier I was asleep at the wheel ...

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
What I did for my game was create a single spreadsheet and put everyone in it side by side in columns, with notes at the bottom. Not the best, but pretty convienent.

The problem with that is that I don't always update from my PC. Basically by having all the character sheet as PMs I will always have access to them is I can access the boards to post, no matter the computer.

nope, as it is I'm allowing you guys to develop Q-related stats at a highly accelerated rate, a mega stat in a couple of days, a new enhancement that kind of thing you guys have done already mundane skills will take longer (unless you have appropriate mega stats to offset the training time.

Backgrounds need to be RPed and approved by me they will take the longest to develop

I posted a blurb about Squidworth inthe NPCs section, it'll be updated as needed.

I'm going to add a "Rule" thread with my house rulings added to it. I'm fairly certain everything has been mentioned before. Either here or in the earlier char gen postings, if there is any question let me know HERE and I will do my best to clarify/justify.

Archived