King Abdicator Returns

ronin

Don't bother to strike up the band, even if you felt so inclined. I'm returning with my tail between my legs.

I'm sorry I left. I have no explanation that's worth hearing nor that I care to presently share.

But for what little it may be worth, I'm back.

The site looks beautiful, by the way.

Thanks to those of you who bothered to remember an old-hat fool like myself. I've also spoken with Prodigy, who gave me a minor update as to who among some of the luminaries have gone in the time I was unfortunately absent. I'm glad to see some of you are still here.

Since last night, I thought better of the matter and decided I would endeavor to explain in brief just what the fuck happened to me over the last several months. This isn't offered in the way of trying to excuse myself, but I figure that some of you -- most notably the latter two above -- deserve something in the way of explanation. I'd send it in PM's, but it's not really something worth hiding and this saves me the trouble of having to tell people like Jager later on.

---

Last summer I was in a pretty wretched spot. I was flat broke and living in a shabby apartment with people I pretty much hated. We all sort of hated each other, really, it wasn't just me. The only person in the house with a system was a girl who didn't like me very much at all, and I spent most of the time I wasn't sleeping selling shoes (yeah, you read that right) and walking to avoid going home. Eventually, the girl moved out, and the rest of us were without computer access completely. More people moved in to replace them, and for awhile we just had a revolving door of deadbeats.

So, when a friend of mine offered to move to Albany with her, I jumped at the offer. I spent the first month or so looking for substantial work and and bussing around from place to place, and that took up a lot of time. By the time we finally got settled and things had returned to some semblance of normal, it was December. I thought about returning at the time, but between work and trying to keep a relationship going I decided that it wouldn't be a good move. Eventually, it all just faded into the neasma of memory. Other shit to do. Lots of other shit to do.

However, I don't want to give you all the impression that coming back here is something I do only when my life is peachy and everything is calm. Right now is yet another tumultuous time in my life and I'll probably be moving again soon (possibly to Maryland). But with all the hype about d20 Aeoniverse going around and recently meeting some friends who I am trying furiously to indoctrinate into the Aberrant universe, I was reminded of all the time I've spent here over the last five years or so and decided that I'd really like to come back, whether people would be initially mad at me for bailing out or not.

So there you have it. I'm going to try and not be a douchebag and do a disappearing act again. With any luck, if I spontaneously disappear from these forums again, it'll be because I was shot.

An increasingly likely scenario these days.

Ronin, Jager = Preston. I thought you would remember. My feelings are hurt. wink

I'm just happy you remembered your password and have come back.

As for the "getting shot" thing. Remember: Duck, then return fire (or run).

Alright, color me fucking stupid. ^_^;; Sorry, Jag. Now that you've memory-jogged me, I do in fact remember, but it must have slipped my swiss-cheese-like mind.

And unfortunately, I don't get to shoot back yet. I think that right now I'm only allowed to run or cry, according to company guidelines.

Be that as it may, I particularly feel like an ass about it because this certainly wouldn't be the first time I've up and done this vanishing act on everybody. I feel like I'm establishing a reputation for being unreliable. It's almost like I'm an artist or something.

That aside, thanks for the warm return. It's good to know I'm not forgotten. ^_^

Hey, at least you didn't up and leave in a huff or anything.

You just dissapeared around the time we thought this place was going POOFIES. After you dipped, there were some things left open.

Quite frankly I knew your personal life was hell, and I knew you'd find your way back to the forums. ^o^

Admit it, you can't leave.

Damn. I find it very disheartening that as the RPG's were flying from the sofa to the kitchen, you couldn't crawl through the killing zone to drop us a line and beg our forgiveness for leaving. Boy, were are your manners!?!?!!?

Wait ... should I have posted this as Preston? wink

Also, if you need any help with the groveling in the "run or cry" situation, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there ronin old buddy, ol pal, ol bean. When you were here, once or twice ago, you mentioned a strong likelihood of getting some of the Holy Grail information on canon.

So, didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja? Didja didja?

Good question!!

The short answer is "no". And the problem is that my friend Mel, the one who did the work on Aberrant and is in possession of this hot little item, is going through a really, really hard time in her life right now. She sort of always is, and I feel bad for her, but right now she's sort of trapped where she is, and the item in question is several miles away in a storage shed with countless other accoutrements. I can't really buffalo her about it, since she's doing me a real favor in fetching it for me.

She'll hopefully be moving into her own place soon, and when that time comes she'll be emptying out all those boxes, and she assures me to this day that when she does, I'll be the first to know. And as soon as I have it, we all will.

That aside, it's my understanding that Lucian Soulban is going to be at Origins this year hyping his game 'Silver Age Sentinels'. He's a friend-of-a-friend and he and I have spoken a few times before, so I was thinking about trying to get some of his Cult of Personality notes out of him.

Wish me luck.

Archived