Any new plotlines?

Sakurako Hino

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Originally posted by David 'Dr. Troll' Smith:
So how much do you need to be immune to ecipsol and for your EuFiber to be immune to EuFreeze? (Both are Directive poisons/chemicals).

What level of virulence are you assigning to the drugs, Doctor Smith? The description states that "One level of HEALTH subtracts the novas mega-stamina from the virulence rating of of any poison, disease or other biological or chemical intrusion including those caused by quantum power."

Eclisidol seems a pretty all or nothing effect so you would think that either a character manages to resist or they don't.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hu Ching:
Eclisidol seems a pretty all or nothing effect so you would think that either a character manages to resist or they don't.
I'm not sure that it would be an all or nothing effect. The description of ebola is pretty grim, but M-Stam 3 + Health would drop its effect (if the resistance roll is failed) down to something like the flu.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hu Ching:
What level of virulence are you assigning to the drugs, Doctor Smith? The description states that "One level of HEALTH subtracts the novas mega-stamina from the virulence rating of of any poison, disease or other biological or chemical intrusion including those caused by quantum power."
Beats me. I was hoping for comment from the board.

I'm just pointing out that virulence tops out at 4, so someone with M-Stam 4 + HEALTH, in theory should be immune.

The EuFiber Freezer would be similar. If you have HEALTH, so does your EuFiber.

Your comment on the Eufreeze compound is very insightful. There is some information in the player's guide that seems to say mega-stats and enhancements shouldn't be passed to objects via attunement but Eufiber is a bit of a special case. It is the one substance that every nova not allergic to can attune with even without that ability.

If this isn't being misremembered, Eclipsidol does something to the a nova's MR node neural transmitters. The effect is to short circuit their conscious control of the node. Then their primary powers flail out of control.

Maybe the question is really whether eclipsidol should be classed as a nerve gas or not. In many ways it seems to be exactly that though designed to interact with quantum even if only indirectly.

Mega-stamina 2 allow a nova to ignore most but not all nerve gases. Since this one was designed specifically with novas in mind a simple rule would be to allow a mega-stamina of 4-5 to ignore the effects with the HEALTH enhancement allowing a mega-stamina as low as 2 to do so.

As rare as HEALTH and extremely high mega-attributes are in the world this very simple rule could be put into effect without retconning a campaign.

Doesn't that turn a non-poison into a poison though? The drug normally only interferes with the conscious control of the MR Node. Like forcing a valve open the quantum pours out into whatever powers the nova has until its gone. Once the quantum is exhausted the nova is essentially a baseline for a few minutes aren't they?

Doesn't making it into a poison change that?

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies E that I haven't drawn anything for you, I really haven't been able to draw since I moved into the new house and that was back in march. It's really frustrating. Maybe I need to pay attention to the do's and don'ts of feng shui, the creativity just isn't flowing.

I hear ya. Sometimes I wish there was an ex-lax for creativity. I find what works is not trying to do it. (Weird sounding, but true.) Another is to expose yourself to things related to the subject. (In other words, find a local anime club that has public showings and go full throttle otaku!) another thing that gets me going is just... surfing the net. Not looking for anything in particular, just riding the links to other links to other links... You get the picture.

I can see being Apep also effects your creative side slightly. Perhaps spreading out to other characters could help? Or perhaps if I send a more complete make-up on Endeavor, perhaps that could jumpstart your synapses?

Just a few suggestions.

• 3 months later...

I know I am not the prodigal poster, by any means.But, I would like to propose to have a story line , in witch Sandy would hire some elites,and or whoever would willing to work.The work would be to take down a drug lord lord, with a few nova enforcers. It is kinda silly, maybe a little over done, but sometimes simple game is fun.

Anyone could join in, and anyone who wants in just get in touch with me.(Note: That Sandy would put aside problems with teragem , members as the drug lords have killied (at least 3) novas to make into drugs...)

Thank you for the offer.

I think you'll agree that Widget is probably not the right character to come along. She'd be more likely to bend your efforts to her own designs.

wink

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Davis- Miss-Fortune:
I know I am not the prodigal poster, by any means.But, I would like to propose to have a story line , in witch Sandy would hire some elites,and or whoever would willing to work.The work would be to take down a drug lord lord, with a few nova enforcers. It is kinda silly, maybe a little over done, but sometimes simple game is fun.

Anyone could join in, and anyone who wants in just get in touch with me.(Note: That Sandy would put aside problems with teragem , members as the drug lords have killied (at least 3) novas to make into drugs...)
Hi there,

Walker isn't really the nova to go in and blast everything in sight, he isn't really the nova to help other novas kill people either.

If Sandy and whatever fighters were going to kill everything in sight he wouldn't want to be involved, but he would certainly want to help shut down the operation if he heard that novas were being recycled into Soma or whatever. He could help out in a very low profile way with warping people into and out of position. Just as long as he wasn't helping organise a blood bath.

Some questions.

1: Is the drug lord currently untouchable by the police?

2: You were thinking of doing this in the fiction section right?

3: Is this guy making Soma or something else?

4: Did you have any villians in particular in mind for this?

It goes something like this, they are not part of the mega cartel, so on the legal frost they are being used as way to hit the big boys. Sandy knows this, but when ii come to putting competition there will be blood baths. It is how things go. But in the long run it would do some good,but Sandy has taken down some the small time deals they have, using children in well. Bad ways.

I was thinking the fiction setting.

They are making soma, mite and something thing else.

The only things set in stone, so to speak would that they would be in island in the pacific in international waters, they have a nova who was a former mite head. And at least for Sandy killing is done when no other options are left. I was thinking that a lot of it could be finding out where the island is, tracking down what the enforces could do. You know to make sure that no one goes in there to die.( basically that aside from the final out come most of the NPCs would be changed to make the story fun for who ever plays. If troll was going to play there may have been a good brick to fight, if TK was going to play, a really smart nova who would counter his moves or at least try.All based on how it could be fun, and challenging )

As for Widget, she could try to take this over, she is free to try. Sandy may even let her think she is charge.

And Widget would make great efforts to insure Sandy thought she was in control.

laugh

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

You understand that Sandy has a mega charisma of 4 with, mega appearance of 2..With those powers to make people want to fallow her and agree with her. On top of being highly skilled in the fields like this.Anyone could join this group, Sandy would work with Ash,Apep, or anyone else.

the facts are that that she thinks whatever anyone did on this bored it not evil enough for her to care when compared to these drug lords.Even if Widget was running things from behind the closed doors so to speak.Well, Sandy wouldn't care as long as the job was done.

Are we discussing how kewl your character is or why it wouldn't be a good idea for Widget to be involved? smile

Please note that Miss Fortune as a character has a very forthright and sometimes "brute force" approach to things. Not very subtle and she expects others to react similarly, ergo Widget would run her from pillar to post.

I didn't say Widget would be in control. I said she would be too likely to bend Sandy's efforts to her own design. As in suborning Sandy's efforts to accomplish a completely different task.

To act one way, and to be one are different things She is strange woman,Sandy. I am just saying that it is hard for people to even try to betray her. Remember who Kizer Sosae(spelling?) was? I am just saying that Sandy is well rounded,and is not as thick as she seems.So if Widget wants to have some fun in the sun, she can play.Just remember that -.^

On the fertile thing,Sandy is. SHe Had help from above(her aunt),and at one point in time, she became a blazing ball of pure light. Not a single part of her body was solid, or organic. If you read the morning after She is well, talking to tearagen in a nursery of sorts,I think.

How I always thought of this subject has been tricky.As some novas are not capable of breading with human.It may be a strange system anyways, like maybe a baseline male could have a child with a nova female, but not a baseline female with a nova male.Or vise versa.What is both have to be novas for a child to be one? or what if it is the mother or father?I do not know, and really what if the chance change depending on the node and quantum of the parents?I do not know, these all are up in the air...

THere are at least 30 cases of novas giving birth in the canon, most with the tearagen or PP.It may be upwards of 100?

So we are talking about how kewl the character is.

Sorry, I thought you wanted clarification on why it would be unwise to involve Widget in the operation and rude of me to volunteer her. I am certain you as a player could deal with it but the character of Miss Fortune dealing with it seems to be a little more difficult to believe.

On the fertility issue you may want to review the idea of genetic recessives.

As for why Widget would work for Sandy I can say than what she knows to do with. It helps having a broker who can see the future, in some ways. Long story.

Why would Sandy hire someone like Widget. Well, aside from knowing the advantage of knowing your enemy,and what they can do, also the toys that could change it from a blood bath to a controlled battle.Sandy is oddly caring for young and new novas.She has odd ways of showing she care,and making sure they are safe.Such as how she helped Vixen.She is a very nice person, just on N!Prime the topics hit nerves with her.ANd wile she would talk about fight Apep, on the net, in person she would talk things over.No because of fear,but the fact that Sandy may talk likes she likes fighting, she really hates it.

I think we're still a little out of synch here. Widget doesn't work for people as money has no intrinsic value to her. She's not an elite, mercenary or subscriber to the agendas of the factions in the world. She does work with people provided she sees a benefit for doing so. Sometimes that benefit is completely against the goals of the group.

She might do something that would seem to be for your benefit and actually work out that way but its more likely to be an accidental side effect of a possibly more convoluted reasoing. Would probably be something more convoluted. I as a player don't want to enter a story for the express purpose of trying to jerk it to my character's agenda. I'm not that rude.

smile

Precog is less relevant than you might think. As a player I have missgivings about it being worth while. We only had one in our troupe, played by someone that use to hang here, and there are some funny/sad stories associated with those memories. As a character dealing with a precog is like making a wish of a demon. One way or another you're going to get the shaft. And if you trusted them enough not to do that to you then you trust them enough to do what they ask without requiring service in return.

How do you go about proving someone is a powerful precog as opposed to a lunatic with "visions"?

confused

Well, if I am not mistaken, even with no cares for money. It is still needed for tools,and such. Sandy also has access to "toys" that are made by the peace keepers. Things made to counter act nova. Such as the pocket wall, some strange body armors,really good bugs,and some strange toys,made for protection...But I can't make you force her to play either.

As for that, he was a broker, before he became a nova,and now is just one that can see what the market will be like in two years..So it is not like he is just walking into nastic and doing random guesses based only on his powers..SHe doesn't go or deal with New York whenever she can avoid it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Davis- Miss-Fortune:
Well, if I am not mistaken, even with no cares for money, it is still needed for tools,and such.
Yes, but it becomes a question of what a prospective "ally" could provide that she could not obtain by her own resources. You have the right idea but everything offered is little more than knick knacks. Paying Widget's "price" might well become a story in and of its self. Still, would you as a player really want to become involved in a story with someone that you know has little interest in the goal your character is trying to achieve?

The question about precog was intended to convey that it's a very difficult ability to prove. Do you "see" the market in two years or do you have a mega-intellect with limitations? Or are you just lucky? Or...

How does someone going about proving they are a precog instead of a gifted lunatic?

confused

Not to mention, if Utopia fears a technologist that doesn't fear its TecReg division how do you think they feel about someone that can spin an economy within a few months?

Well, I just think that as noted above Sandy wouldn't care what motives you have.Motives are something that can take the back seat when dealing with people who turn people into drugs.

So if Widget was there to try to get toys from Sandy.SOme of witch are black listed, the benefits of working for the Swiss. Or if she wanted to do something for whatever. As noted she is willing to work with people who if push came to shove, she would try to kill. So whatever Widget wants to do, Sandy would care less. As long as it wasn't to sell everyone else out to the drug people, or go on a blood bath for no reason.Any other reason well, even if it is complicated one could be done.IF it was a complicated one, it may even be more fun.

Thank you very much for the invitation. It is always nice to be considered a worthy addition to a group.

OK Sandy, count Walker in for the mission.

He can Warp people to and from anywhere in the world, talk to plants and animals, hear radio waves, see in the electromagnetic spectrum, has got adaptability and he's got a touch of that pre-retro cognitive madness that Widget is talking about.

His stats are up on the whats your character like part two if yr interested.

Um Endeavor, it looks like the plot line has a seat for you.I eman Sandy may not show it, but she ahs a nice warm spot, for the cute little Anime girl.And the fact she is built like Lina,and not naga, dosen't mean a thing...

But really I do nto think it will start for at least a week>read

http://www.nprime.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000116;p=

Archived