[Fiction] Viva Las Vegas! [Warning: Adult Content]

Wakinyan

Sean meets and greets around the room, slowly relaxing. Yeah, this is what he needed...

The entrance of Emily doesn't go unnoticed, and warm interest lights up Sean's eyes as he finally gets to crack open his bottle. She's attractive enough, he decides as he takes a drink. Time for introductions. Let's see if she's up to some fun.

He weaves his way over to her, debating if he's going to change his shirt. Fuck it, he thinks, this is who is am. I'm not going to try to trick her.

"Hi," he says as he comes up next to her, his strange eyes sparkling with pleasure. "I'm Sean. Did I hear that your name is Emily?"

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin offers his hands to both Long and Conduit. "You both have excellent expressions of your quantum selves. I have to say your forms are just extraordinary." He gestures to Timeslip nearby. "Hers as well she reminds me of the great Egyptian sky goddess Nut in her form and appearance. A potent Nova and beautiful wife."

Symmetry's eyes drift back to Saori. "I wouldn't miss this for the world Saori. An open invite to experience and see all of this wonder." His eyes sparkle like a child at Christmas. "Look over by the buffet another of the feral aspect or Wakinyan. Look at Procyon he looks like Apollo descended from Olympus!" Kevin seems almost giddy then he stops suddenly. "Saori!" Concern forms. "What happened to your arm?!"

His brow creases for a moment. "Wait one moment please." He quickly weaves his way a short distance though the crowd until he eases in beside Neil and Flicker. "Mr. Preston? Hi my name is Kevin Symmetry Rong. I was wondering if I could borrow your talents for just a moment if you don't mind."

Long nods and watches him go over to Neil. "I was hoping to not have to ask Neil to do this. there's no reason for him to feel pain again for my family." He look down to Saori.

"Neil can heal your broken arm, things got away from me this past week and I didn't get the chance to call him about it. I'm sorry you've had to suffer with it this long."

Sakurako was spaced out for a moment as she was checking the security cameras, blinking through like a watchful hawk. But she still hears everything. She smoothes out a wrinkle in her navy-blue blazer and turns to Login.

"Jap? I'm sorry... but it is not the 1940s. I'll forgive that once, do not do that again." She takes a couple steps away, heading over to Dorothy. "And Login, it is usually left to a Japanese Nova to make the better toys." She smiles, letting Login know everything is alright after all.

She then turns to Dorothy. "You know, Dorothy, Alchemist is a peer of mine I hold in high regard. I hope he is doing fine."

"Sure thing Neil. Actually no dire emergency." Kevin leads him through the crowd to where Saori is standing and looking a bit embarassed.

"You might have already met before. But I was wondering if you would mind showing off your talents on this lovely young ladies arm." He turns and bows to Saori. "If you do not mind of couse Saori."

"I enjoy observing Qi interaction and this just seems like a good chance of doing so." He looks at Long. "Please take no offense Long, I tend to get overly enthused at times and I saw this as a benefit for Saori as well as saiting my own selfish desire to see Mr. Pres.. I mean Neil at work."

Long nods. "None taken." He looks at Neil and smiles. "It was something I'd meant to ask you about before Neil, but other concerns have simply been more pressing. I know that sounds bad, but trust me when I say what happened since Saori's arm was broken has profoundly affected all of my House."

"Woah. What a trip." Warren's head was still spinning. Travel through lighting was a new one for him but variety is the spice of life, as they say.

What the hell am I doing? I don't belong here. This is not my crowd.

No, we do not belong here. Let us depart post haste. We are... unsettled by this 'gaggle of gods' you are about to immerse yourself into.

"Don't worry, I won't drop you." his ride whispered softly in a voice spun from purest moon light.

He didn't reply. Warren didn't talk much at all, but that didn't stop his ride from yammering his ear off.

Below, Las Vega, city of Sin... the irony of that was quickly lost on Warren.

His quantum conscience swarmed through her, he read her souls blueprint to try and better understand her. He was confused, several portions of her quantum soul was locked to him, he could not imprint certain parts of her soul. This was irking him, but that was for another time.

"Let the chaos begin." he mumbled softly in the night air.

"What was that?" his ride asked, a soft grin of serinity upon her lips.

"Nothing. I said nothing." he lied.

Ground zero quickly approached. In his heart and mind.

His stomach turned in knots as nervousness reared it's ugly head.

Wakinyan watches Login alter the composition of her Ampwell with a mixture of horror and humor. At Endeavor's slight scolding he shrugs and mumbles something about not bothering when people called him an injun.

Login's inquiry about his own drink hits him as he watches the crowd moving around and finding seats at the tables around the stage.

"It ain't bad. Has some bite to it though. Taste like someone mixed sort amphetamine with very tart Lemonade and a ton of caffiene." He shrugs as he pops a sliver of Sushi in his mouth. "Not bad all in all good pick me up, good way to get started." With a casual move a talon slices cleanly through the steak on his plate he spears it with the talon and brings it to his mouth chewing as he winks to Login.

Neil looks over at Saori and her cast and he bows slightly.

"Ms. Gu, it is a pleasure to see you again. Can I take a look at your arm?"

After a quick examination, he frowns slightly and looks at Long then back to Saori.

"Mind if I heal it?"

Again, she nods.

Holding her hand, she can literaly feel Neil's bone twist and snap ... mimicing her own wound. At the same instant, her arm feels warm ... then is just fine. No itching and no pain.

Neil's reaction is limited to a rapid tauntness along his jawline and he's done.

"All better", Neil smiles. Looking over to Kevin, " and it was a pleasure to meet you too. After this, let's catch up and compare notes. It appears you are a student of our nature like me."

Carefully, Long extends a claw and draws it along Saori's cast. When he makes a complete outline he taps it in three places and it cracks in half. Long takes the two halves and sets them beneath the table. "There, good as new. Thank you Neil, Symmetry." He smiles down at the other novas, happy that his sister is uninjured again.

Symmetry watches in awe. Nothing appears to happen at least casually but he is watching much deeper. Watching Neil's own Quantum flow up over Saori's arm and realign her bones, sinew and muscles while it breaks Neil's own. The interplay of the grand forces on such a small scale simply enthralls and delights him.

As the cast is removed he grasps Saori's arm and runs his hand down it. "How long does your signature remain? It looks like it fades slowly." He then realizes he is holding Saori's arm and blushing releases it. "Pardon me." He says trying to drag his eyes from Saori's to Neil.

"Absolutely Neil we must compare notes. You're a lot further along than I have gotten no doubt. I really would like to hear your opinions. But you know.." He glances at Flicker who he has inadvertenly drawn Neil away from. "It can wait. You have other more important things to pay attention to tonight of course. Thank you very much for your help."

Silvertalons ears flicker slightly catching the first few words directed in her direction. She looks up from the massive silver plate in front of her poking a few strange foods with a talon. Although almost as if not hearing the question she looks over towards Dorothy poking the food again as if asking a complete stranger out of the blue. Her tail sways behind her slowly back and forth in a very playful manner. If one had a tail would realize she is being playful for some odd reason.

"Whats this?" her voice soft and growlish the look of confusion written all over her face. As she seams to be trying to figure out what the food on the plate is. (Sushi)

A moment before the answer comes across a cute grin crosses her snout in almost a toothish way. "I am fine... Just.. Not.. used to this..." She noses towards the crowd. "Although... What is this singing you speak of? A howl?" Now the playfulness has gone as she is really curious as to what is going on but not to sure what to make of it.

As one of the waiters carries a punch bowl to the table. Her tail snakes out quickly and easily wrestling the bowl out of the servers hands and ever so carefully places it on the counter top before her not spilling a drop she grins a bit. "This is mine." her voice is soft with a slight growl. She tilts her head slightly as the waiter turns and nearly runs as she erfles scratching behind her right ear. "errr... I.. was being nice..." Her ears droop a bit in a cute like poutish way.

"Wellllll.... Annnyhow.." her attention turns to Dorothy for a few while she sips on her punch bowl cup.

Kevin's hands are warm, and strong, and Saori is blushing. When he drops it, Saori carefully moves her arm, marvelling at the degree of healing. "Neil, thank you," she says with a smile, waiting for her face to cool down.

Once she's under control, she asks Kevin, "Are you going to sing tonight?"

At the last instant, he feels the winds gently hold him as his feet are placed upon the ground. All of that is a bit lost in the wind she whips up around them, keeping the crowd of onlookers a bit at bay.

"Its hotter here", she murmurs and takes off her doe-skin frilled jacket. Underneath she wears a fishnet halter top that is only in the barest sense legal.

"The party is inside," she says back to him. Her eyes are warm and inviting with such open friendship.

She turns and strides in, her back flap twisting seductively behind her. Her calf-length moccassins slide toe-heal across the red carpet while her ass-lenth hair billows behind her like a midnight spiderweb net.

Again, Neil bows.

"We do what we can for one another, Saori. Its what I live by. Take care now and I hope to hear you singing tonight. See all of you later."

With that, he bows again and heads back to Flicker, Emily, and the crowd around them. He waves to Endeavor when he sees her again and moves in behind Flicker.

God I hate flying.

Does she shut up at all, ever?

I don't think so.

The ground rises up to meet him as he is set down by his companion.

She removes her coat and looks at Warren who has suddenly lost track of where her eyes are.

"The party is inside." she says.

Not from where I'm standing.

Yeowzah...

Shrugging, Warren follows the squaw as she walk inot the throngs of people near the doors. Already the cameras turn on them and the flashes of photographer's camera irritate him.

A part of him wants to start shooting at every damn fool pointing a camera at him. But he resists, tonight is not a night of violence or anger, it is a night for him to reflect, and integrate himself into a world to which he has been blind to for far too long.

His foot hits the red carpet. His body passes the doors. It is done, no turning back now.

Without turning her head, Flicker had watched Neil step away to tend to Gu Saori. She'd never seen him at work before, and it was difficult for her not to react when he stiffened from the pain he'd taken away.

Did it hurt as badly this time as it did the first time? she wondered.

After Sean had entered the circle and sidled up to Emily, Flicker noticed his "Fuck me I'm Irish" T-shirt. Oh, nice, she thought, someone sent us a frat boy. I hope Emily is good at cock-blocking.

She turned to Sean and Emily. "Hey, Emily," Flicker asked cheerfully, "are you proficient in the ancient Scottish martial art called 'Fuckyew!'? Hoping to pre-empt any hostilities, she smiled sweetly and rolled her eyes back toward the bulk of the crowd, and picked a safe teleport target on the other side of the room, just in case.

"It is good to see you again as well, Conduit. I may have a project for you, if you don't mind, but we can talk about that after the party." I could only hope that he would agree to a commission to recreate the copper cookware we had lost in the fire; I had found no luck in replacing his gift with anything of similar quality so far, and had begun to dispair of ever being able to make a proper stirfry again.

"Pleased to meet you, Neil; and you as well, Flicker; and you, Emily. The vacation was more of a working vacation, in truth; I had some personal matters that would not wait." The child of Preston, it was possible that the young man knew what a Chrysalis was, but coming out and simply stating such at a mixed gathering such as this would not be prudent. "And thank you for the compliment on the voice; while it is ill-suited to karaoke, I'm rather pleased with how it has developed."

At my sister-in-law's please for release, I chimed in; "I promise you, Saori: you will only have to sing after I do. And nobody is going to force me to sing."

Sean looks briefly irritated, then laughs. "If you are a master of that art," he grins at Emily, "maybe you could teach me some moves." It figures that some chick would cock-block me the first night I'm being honest about having a little fun, he sighs. Maybe Emily will want to have some fun anyway.

Tipping the bottle back, Sean takes a deep draw and waits for Emily to answer. Maybe she will; maybe she won't. But so long as fun was had by all - even Flicker - it was all good.

"I shall absolutely sing." Another friendly smile is produced. "It is what this event is totally about and while if you would not have fun doing such a thing that is fine."

"I believe our host over there." He indicates pointing to the avian like creature eating a steak with a bemused expression on it's face. "Wants us to have fun. If you would not have fun singing then do not." With a twinkle in his eye he adds. "Though I am sure you would do well."

He looks at the bar and the food then back to Saori. "Would you like to get something to eat? There seems to be a wide variety of food to sample and it has been far to long since we have shared a meal."

Long nods to Timeslip. "We could do a duet." Timeslip's glare makes him smile more. "Only kidding. I'm just happy you both agreed to come." Across their mental link. I like your voice, it's very unique.

Long watches Sean make his way over to Emily and is about to intervene, when he notices the look on Flicker's face. She's got everything well in hand. Across the room he sees Cade sitting alone drinking his fifth glass of scotch. It's uncharacteristic for smeone like Cade to be sitting back and not mingling.

The two novas waded through the crowd of people in the lobby trying to get a glimpse of thier favorite heroes or idols (hopefully).

The doors to the private hall opened and there stood quite the odd couple.

Stormwarden's bronzed skin was luminous, radiant with vitality and latent quantum energies, and enough of it was exposed to send more than a few men into comical double-takes. Little more than a halter-style shirt of beige fishnet material encased her ample feminine charms, and a brief doeskin loincloth bearing the beadwork image of a raven provided only the faintest semblance of modesty. The tall doeskin moccasins she wore clung to her calves like a second skin, and the beaded fringe they bore swayed with every fluid movement. More than the garments themselves, however, the nonchalance with which she wore them imbued the entire outfit with a sensual, primal appeal that defied description. The black waterfall of her hair spilled freely down her back to caress her leather-clad hips, and a single braid swept back from each temple to be knotted together like a tribal headband. A gentle smile lingered on her lips, but somehow did not quite reach her eyes as she regarded the crowd.

Revenant was another story entirely. Grungy black leather pants hoisted by a belt buckle that appeared to be the head of some kind of demon or otherworldly creature, the horns were huge and Revenant was afraid Glen Danzig would show up any moment to lay claim to it. His body was bare, the finely toned muscles of Revenant's perfect Nova phisyche lay there for the world to see. His skin was a clammy bluish/grey. A leather duster covered his body, thick and very heavy. His face was scruffy, like he hadn't shaved in days and his hair was thick and oily, draping down over his shoulders and his eyes. Eerily, from beneath his hair two pinpoints of yellow light could be seen set upon the black background of his aberrated eyes.

The two looked around the room, quite the party it seemed.

Over at the bar, Procyon was lost in reverie as he watched the variety of novas swirl and eddy around the room. Talking to one another, laughing, joking. He chuckled quietly, startling those nearest him, as he spotted Chaos's t-shirt. It was good to see so many having fun, enjoying themselves. Younger and older, Terat to Utopian, this night they were all just people, and that thought brought a smile to his lips, a smile born of joy.

He held himself apart, though keeping his demeanour and body-language approachable. He delved into his node and dampened off his 'divine aura' as he jokingly called it. It was one thing for baselines to worship novas, but it was quite another matter for novas to expect worship from other novas. A gathering of equals, he considered them, even those who had only felt the barest glimmerings of their potential. After all, his potential was no greater than theirs.

He noted the looks some cast his way, feeling keenly the pre-judgement in some eyes, and pondered the wisdom of attending this gathering. Plainly, some of his reputation was following him into the room, casting a pall over people's eyes. He sighed briefly, wondering why he was disappointed. After all, he had made those decisions, carried out those acts. He probably would not do some of them again, had he the chance to live his life over with his accumulated knowledge, but they were all part of his growth to his current understanding. He had followed his conscience and had no regrets for that.

Except now he stood before a gathering of his peers, and was regarded with suspicion and fear, distaste and antipathy. He shrugged slightly and turned, taking an Amp Well from the bar, before turning back to the room and watching the happy throng.

Wakinyan finishes up his steak washing it down with the contents of the energy drink and chasing that with a bottle of beer. Sticking out his tongue he blehs. "Wow.. Had better combos than that before. Ah well."

Bringing himself to his feet he smiles at Login. "Time to get things started." He makes his way back up to the stage letting his wings untuck from his back a bit and letting them hang loosely to either side.

For a moment when he sees Storm Warden enter he watches her appreciatively and with a hint of anger in his eyes but then sees the man who enters with her. Wasn't to unexpected, to broken people finding one another. Still Wakinyan thought as he grabbed the microphone she could have at least bathed her new playmate first.

"Since this is a karaoke party I thought hey maybe we should get to the singing part now huh?" Wakinyan grins as he paces the circular stage area. "Given my nature. I tend to put off a few people and that is cool. You can't make everyone happy and I accept that. But still I am glad everyone came out tonight. Let's have some fun!"

With that he presses a button on the glass touch screen controls for the machine and the lights dim in the room. The stage stands in a pillar of light beaming down from the light system overhead and music begins.

The tap of a drumstick on a crash cymbal in time with the tick of a electric guitar signals the start of the song. Wakinyan stalks the stage like a tiger in a cage his eyes growing focused as the song opens with a powerful electric guitar.

Back in black, I hit the sack,

I've been too long, I'm glad to be back

Yes I'm let loose from the noose,

That's kept me hangin' about

I been livin like a star 'cause it's gettin' me high,

Forget the hearse, 'cause I never die

I got nine lives, cat's eyes,

each and every one of them is wonderin why

Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!

Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!

Well, I'm baaack, baaack...

Well, I'm back in black,

Yes, I'm back in black!

His opening song is potent and he sings with gusto. The meaning behind the classic rock song is obvious for him in many ways for his recent life.

Back in a band,i got Cadillac,

Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack

Yes I'm in a band with a gang,

You gotta catch me if they want me to hang

'Cause I'm back on the track and I'm beatin' the flack,

Nobody's gonna get me on another rap

So look at me now, I'm just a makin' my pay,

Don't try to push your luck,just get outta my way

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!

Well, I'm back! Yeah, I'm back!

Well, I'm back in black,

Yes, I'm back in black!

Let's go!

Muscles strain as he struts the stage sweat forms from the heat, lights and enthusiam in which Wakinyan sings the song. His deep voice smoothly rumbling though the lyrics as they flow across the screens set at each compass point on the stage.

Well, I'm back in black,

Yes, I'm back in black-ow!

Aww yeah! Let's go!

Keep on goin'! Yeah yeah!

Yeah... aww yeah yeah!

Here we go!

Well, I'm baaack... I'm back!

Baaack... well, I'm back!

Baaack... I'm back!

Baaack... I'm back!

Baaack... I'm back!

Baaack...

Yes, back in black,

Yes, I'm back in black...

Outta sight!

By the time he is finished the large humanoid griffin is panting hard and is in obvious delight at the songs effect on himself. He growls at the end and his arms hold out from either side of his broad chest parralleled by his arms. With a short bow he pulls the microphone back up to his beak.

"I hope everyone liked that start in kicking things off I know I did!" As he places the Mic back into it's craddle he says. "Alright kids let's not be shy. Someone get your ass up here and show me just how the fuck this is done!"

Hoping down from the stage Wakinyan shakes himself letting his eyes get used to the darkness and makes his way back to his table picking up a large bottle of rum and slamming back a deep swig before falling back into his chair.

Long smiles as Wakinyan finishes and makes his way up to the stage. He selects his song at the machine and takes the microphone in his hand. He nods over at the table where Timeslip and Saori are sitting and starts to sing.

"Sometimes when your hopes have all been shattered

And there's nowhere to turn

You wonder how you keep going

Think of all the things that really mattered

And the chances you've earned

The fire in your heart is growing

You can fly, if you try leaving the past behind

Heaven only knows what you might find."

As it builds to the first chorus Long looks up with a smile and then as he prepares for the nearly shouted first Syllable.

"Dare - dare to believe you can survive

You hold the future in your hand

Dare - dare to keep all of your dreams alive

It's time to take a stand

And you can win, if you dare"

The second verse starts easily and flows out smoothely.

"Everybody's trying to break your spirit

Keeping you down

Seems like it's been forever

But there's another voice if you'll just hear it

Saying it's the last round

Looks like it's now or never

Out of the darkness you stumble into the light

Fighting for the things you know are right"

Long rolls into the Chorus flexing his fists and allowing his eyes to flare up somewhat.

The power is there at your command

It's time to take a stand

And you can win, if you dare"

The last two Choruses are sung with Long surrounded by the blue Flame that's normally only seen in battle.

You hold the future in your hand

The power is there at your command

Dare - dare to keep all your love alive

Dare to be all you can be

Dare - 'cause there is a place where dreams survive

And it's calling you on to victory...."

Long places the Mic back in the cradle and returns to his seat between his wife and Sister. "That's one." He says with a playful grin on his face.

Neil discovers he has wrapped his arms around Flicker as the songs have progressed.

"My turn next," he whispers to her. "Give me a kiss for luck."

As Flicker looks into his eyes, she realizes he isn't joking around, but seems sincere and earnest.

Up on the stage, he takes the mic.

"A song by Leonard Cohen, but made somewhat famous by Concrete Blonde," he mumbles, "called Everybody Knows ...."

"Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

Everybody knows that the war is over

Everybody knows that the good guys lost

Everybody knows the fight is fixed

The poor stay poor and the rich get rich

That's how it goes

Everybody knows that the boat is sinking

Everybody knows that the captain lied

Everybody's got this broken feeling

Like their momma or there dog just died

Everybody's hands are in their pockets

Everybody wants a box of chocolates

And a long stem rose

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

That's the way it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows that its now or never

Everybody knows that its me or you

Everybody knows that you live forever

When you had a line or two

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old black joe still pickin' cotton

For ribbons and bows

Everybody knows you love me baby

Everybody knows that you really do

Everybody knows that you been faithful

Give or take a night or two

Everybody knows you been discrete

So many people you had to meet

Without your clothes

And everybody knows

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

That's the way it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

That's how it goes

And everybody knows"

"No problem Timeslip. Give me a call anytime. You might not have heard, but I moved to Tokyo recently. I've been working for E. I'd be happy to take some time out and do something for you." Conduit gazes into the familiar deep space of Timeslip.

He listens carefully and enjoys the first three songs and claps enthusiastically with each.

Long looks somewhat worried, but it passes. "Things became unteneble in Tokyo, so I called in a few favors and now we reside here in the States. Part of me is glad to be away from Japan, but part of me still considers the Islands home."

Dorothy waves and nods at Sakurako. She'd stop and chat, but her sights are set on talking to Silvertalon. They'd get a chance to chat later.

Dorothy catches Silvertalon's playful mood. When Silvertalon asks, "What's this?" about the Sushi, Dorothy grabs one and pops it in her mouth. After a quick chew and swallow, she replies, "California roll." At the look of confusion she gets, she grins and says, "Rice, crab meat, avocado, cucumber and seaweed. All good stuff. Try the tuna, it smells very fresh. Also smells like it's got a lot of Wasabi, spicy green stuff." Dorothy points out a piece of deep red fish on top of a ball of rice.

Dorothy is about to explain what singing is when she sees Silvertalon steal a punchbowl with her tail. "Wow! I wish I could do stuff like that. Having a tail would be soo neat!" She giggles as the waiter scampers off.

"So, you don't know what singing is?" Dorothy decides quietly that it would be impolite to point out how weird this is. Best just to explain. "Well, I guess it's kinda like howling, but prettier. And with words, usually. And tonight we're going to be doing Karaoke, which mean's you're singing specific words. I guess you don't know a lot of song's huh?"

After a brief awkward pause, Dorothy points at the stage where Wakinyan is getting up behind the mike again. "Oh! Here, just listen to Wakinyan! He'll show you what singing is. I hope." That last is said with a quick grin, wondering if Wakinyan heard her. Probably not, it's getting pretty noisy in here.

After his song ends, she jumps up and down, clapping. "That was great! Hey, you wanna go meet some other people? What's your name, anyway? What should I call you?"

Login walked up to the machine while Neil is still singing. She knew this thing probably wasn't going to have the one she wanted, but since when was that a problem? She surreptitiously opened a slot in the thing with a tiny screwdriver (always keep one with you) and formed her finger into the appropiate connection to plug in. Only a few minutes of thought were required, and boppy electronic music with gratuitious use of miscellaneous sound effects starts playing as the young girl walks up on stage after Neil.

Working for vacation

Walking for meditation

Watching television for as long as I want

People got science but makes no sense

Still can't do anything for cutting out violence

When I think of something, it goes out to space

Then it comes back in another shape

We know we are not apes

But we could make sweet seedless grapes

The lyrics are sung sharply, fast, almost like slightly more tuneful rap, and Login pulls it off quite well, never mind that the words seem to be half nonsense. However, the chorus is actually sung, and she's obviously not so good at that, but, well, good enough for karaoke.

Feeling wrong 'cuz the days are too long

Counting heartbeats seventy-two in a minute

She's grinning widely. Not only does she like the song, but she wonders how many people in the audience are going to recognize it. Probably none. And the screens aren't telling, seeing as she put this in herself.

I need to talk to an ancient Egyptian

To know the transcription

To read the prescription

For the friction we've got

Or the options we'll have

Maybe God only knows

Counting heartbeats seventy-two in a minute...

Each performance is greeted with hearty clapping by the host and another pull from one of the myriad of bottles around him.

He watches Long sing with the obvious look of.. 'Got no idea what song that is but cool.' Though by the look of Long's family it was a safe bet Tigger would be the only one singing tonight.

Neil follows him and manages to try and get a little encouragement to Flicker beforehand. He wondered off hand where that was going. She was off limits out of respect and luckily kept the wolves like Sean at bay.

Login followed Neil suprisingly.. Or maybe it wasn't the girl didn't seem like a wallflower. Her song was interesting and she was a little young but cute in an odd way. She might be young but she was still a Nova and that meant she was open game. Though he was still confident that unless Slattern decided to give up on the drunkard and give him attention he could keep himself under control.

While others sing and she listens with half an ear, she smiles at Sean, vaguely amused by his shirt, and then by his witty response to Flicker, who was, by all accounts, being a bit uptight about the whole thing, in her opinion.

"I'm sorry," she says, purposefully making her Scottish accent especially noticeable, "but tradition prevents me from teaching such secrets to the Irish."

Her smile turns slightly apologetic. It says, 'No hard feelings, but I'm not looking for the same thing you are. Hope you get lucky somewhere else'.

Archived