Aberrant RPG - taint resistance for mega-stamina

what do you think about taint resistance for mega-stamina.the concept behind this extra is that the taint from the node could be physical. for instance the growth of the node could cause the forehead to grow out of proportion.

Wouldn't the bulging forehead be considered an aberration?

The idea has merit, but I am not sure how to handle a physical means of handling taint. Maybe there could be a Mega-Stamina enhancement that allows you to expel temporary taint faster or without the 'rest' period?

Personally, I see no reason to confine Taint Resistance as an enhancement to Mega Intelligence.

The original explanation is that the brain functions more efficiently, re-routing its functioning to avoid the areas damaged by the growth of the node.

Given that explanation, I see no reason why the enhancement could not be included under Mega-Wits (adaptability to unusual situations) or Mega-Stamina (the capacity of the body to endure stress of various kinds).

It more or less depends on the character concept.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I have heard taint is not an actual physical substance or thing that could be resisted with an attribute. It is the warping of ones morphic field and the resulting physical manifestations on the body. A better place for it would be under willpower. Speaking of which is the idea of mega willpower just too ridculous

Quote:
Originally posted by Mishap:
From what I have heard taint is not an actual physical substance or thing that could be resisted with an attribute. It is the warping of ones morphic field and the resulting physical manifestations on the body. A better place for it would be under willpower. Speaking of which is the idea of mega willpower just too ridculous

If I recall correctly, Taint is basically whatever your interpretation of it is. I know the official stance is how "Inhuman" you are. It has been described in many ways in the few books I've read, as a sort of radiation (which fits the Quantum source), as an "Influence", and as a few other things.

I find it simpler just to think of it as a Bad Thing That You Shouldn't Try For If You're Smart. But then, that's just me. I find the most interesting characters and effects had quite a bit of taint, and some quite well-fitting Aberrations.

Archived