RAVENHURST 1ST YEAR CHAPTER ONE: ORIENTATION

Ravenhurst ST

Kaitlin stared at 3J. While is sounded like 3J thought it would work, everything around the Witch Trials Kaitlin had heard was bad, especially for any women involved. I wonder if they have another accounting of what really happened during the Witch Trials at Ravenhurts? To Kaitlin, the spell also seemed like it was as likely to actually poison the tongue or make it fall off as it was simply to make the subject unlikely to speak, going by 3J's earlier demonstration.

"How about we put a pin in that for now," Kaitlin suggested, standing up from leaning against the door frame. "Safyre is hardly going to let us take a bit of her hair or blood or a nail clippings or whatever. We can probably scoop something up later and keep the spell on standby, in case she gets worse. Instead, who else wants to take a look around Campus?"

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kids of the Brown group spent the rest of the day wandering around campus. They did notice that the other first year students were all kept in classes until after lunch. No explanation was made to them about it however.

Over the course of the week the group fell into a routine of attending very basic classes on magic theory and history but very little practicle work out side of practicing their cats cradle drills, and mingling with the other students. 2nd thru 4th years had very little to do with the first years and if they didn't simply ignore them they looked down upon them with disdain. The 5th years although few in number were very pleasant and helpful. Except for one, but we'll get back to her later.

Aside form the 'Home Room' meeting each group had with their Sorcerous Mentor for 45 minutes each morning the first years all shared classes together. This led to a few friendships springing up across different groups and a few enmities as well. Safyre's cousin Greg, two years younger than her and already a rising star and obvious leader of the Purple group seems to be the type of per Warren would have been if Warren had money and breeding... a complete douchebag. It seems from the way the Purple group snickers when ever Safyre crosses their paths that Greg must have been regaling them with stories.

Still the week passed quickly and with very little incident on Friday after noon each group was called to a meeting with their Sorcerous Mentor. The brown group met in their usual library sitting toom where Spenser instructed them on what the weekend would consist of.

“Classes are over for the day. Monday will be the first day of your regular attendance to the local school. Attendance is not mandatory if you wish to sign out. But remember those of you who decline to finish your regular education must pass a GED by the end of your third year or … well we'll worry about that if it comes up. Anyway the form is on the desk fill it out and get it to me by 5 this evening. And that concludes school for the week. Which means all of you have the rest of today thru Sunday to do as you wish. Leaving campus is allowed however if you wish to remain off campus over night you must signout and get a pass. Leaving campus can be done by Dimensional doorway or if you want to visit the local town by shuttle bus which we run regularly. In either case if you leave the only way back is via the way you depart. Don't try to come back any other way, it could prove dangerous to you. The Dimensional Doorway operate from 7am until 7pm Saturday and Sunday, the shuttle busse run on an hourly schedual starting at 9 am until 11pm when the last shuttle reurns for the night. There are no costs for either mode of transportation. Any questions?”

Spoiler

you may fill in any activities you wish to have done during the week if you wish. if there are no post I will continue with the next scene in a day or so.

Never having spent an extended time outside of Wyoming, or even away from her father, Kaitlin clung to a routine to push away her bouts of homesickness. Up before everyone else, she took a spell enhanced run and a work out around the lake, showered, then cooked breakfast as others started waking up. Breakfast was almost invariably heavy on meat and protein, and the amount she made was inconsistent, so it was first come, first served after she ate.

Not having any formal training in magic theory, Kaitlin stubbornly applied herself in classes, though she wished there was more focus on practical practice. She learned better by doing rather than by watching. On the other hand, by working on her studies and trying to stave off homesickness, Kaitlin quickly got over feeling self-conscious about her clothes and her unconventional physique.

Her short sleeves strained over surprisingly muscular arms, her biceps and triceps bulging even when she was at rest and relaxed. Her build was not only impressive for a fifteen year-old girl, but would have been remarkable even for a full grown woman, or a man. The other girls in Brown group had learned that, one or two catching her accidentally in the bathroom, discovering she was built like a particularly powerful gymnast. Kaitlin had chiseled 8-pack abs, astonishingly big thighs, thick and hard with muscle, and her breasts, larger than average were very firm, jutting from noticeably developed pectorals.

And while using magic against each other was expressively forbidden, Kaitlin had no compunction about using - or threatening to use - her hard earned strength to deal with any bullies or assholes. In the academic, if eldritch, setting of Ravenhurst, her physique was a rarity, and was intimidating on its own to many.

Kaitlin perked up, smiling widely when she found out they could leave campus for the weekend, and could even go home. There were some hills around Ravenhurst, but the only ones worth the name were at least somewhat distant, and she missed the mountains of surrounding Dubois, as well as her father. She hopped to her feet, intending to sign out and get her weekend pass immediately, but paused after taking a single step when a question did occur to her.

"Spenser, what are the rules about talking about what really goes on at Ravenhurst?" the athletic teen asked. "I mean, sure, I guess we can talk about with others not in the know, but we'll sound insane... until we show off some. Is there some sort of hush-hush rule about revealing magic to non-sorcerers?"

Spenser paused at putting his books in his pack and looked at Kaitlin. She was a very hard working student he saw that but she was also someone who would take a shortcut if she could, that was readily apparent as well.

"Rules." He slides his pack away and moves to sit on the corner of the desk. The rest of the kids stopped to give a listen they had come to recognize that this was their mentor getting ready to lecture. "Life is made up of rules. Rules of Sorcery, rules about driving, rules about relationships, rules about what you can and can't do in just about every facet of life."

He asked, "Do you know what they all have in common?"

Warren heaved a sigh and plopped back into his seat the rest of the kids just stood and shook their heads.

"They get broken all the time." Spenser gives Warren a pointed look at that. "Yes, we have rules. Rule number one for fight club is you don't talk about fight club. But we all know that your going to talk about fight club the first chance you get.

Look, Kaitlin is right most of the people out there who you want to talk about this with are at best gonna think your a pathological liar, some of them will think you need professional help, most of them will just blow it off. But someday you will say something and someone will hear you. I mean really hear you. Someone who has suspicions, some one who has maybe seen things, Someone who is maybe a dabbler, what we call a Magician. Maybe a Wytch, and I'm not talking about the Blessed be pagan witches. I'm talking about the ones who deserved to be burned in the dark ages, because those evil cunts do still exist.

Look we protect you here and in the immediate surroundings, because we can. But out there, for the most part your going to be on your own. And part of your education is how to interact with the world out there and there are a lot of dangers in that world.

Talk about Ravenhurst. Don't talk about Ravenhurst. That's something each of you will need to decide on."

• 2 weeks later...

Later that afternoon, the class mates gathered on the deck as Matthew fired up the grill Maria and 3J were in the kitchen prepping the steaks they were going to be feasting on later.

Out on the deck Siobhan was tending the small flowering plant from the mysterious seed that she had planted a few days ago she had been surprised when it had sprouted almost the same day she had planted it.

Down by the water Kaitlin was dangling her feet in the cool water wondering if she should change into her suit and go for a swim. She wanted to but at the same time, she cast a glance back at Warren lounging near the grill doing something on his ever present laptop, she didnt relish the thought of the creep leering at her.

"Hey Guys, Corn on the cob okay? And do you want baked potatoes or fries?" called 3J from the open window.

"SIOBHAN, WHAT DO YOU HAVE THERE, CHILD?" the words were a whisper on the wind, a cold breeze that stirred her hair and nothing else. An unusual accent she could not place but was so familiar...

Safyre had elected to stay inside and was looking through one of 3J's books that she had left out on the coffee table. The fact that it appeared to be a popular roleplaying game book that contained actual spells simultaneously repelled her and fascinated her. Suddenly her pendent crackled, and she felt a cold burst of air...

Something touched Kaitlin's foot in the water, it wasn't a fish at least she didn't think it was she had felt fish in the water before and the touch of a fish was always darting. This touch had lingered had felt like someone brushing a finger along the sole of her foot....suddenly the water became very cold...

Warren was play a video game rather he was trolling some noob players and having a good time while doing it . when his screen flickered and strange symbols started to overlay the ui the game seemed to fade and reappear the symbols alternating changing it was very hypnotic...

Siobhan spun around, startled at the strange voice, and in the process knocked the pot off the table. She squealed and lunged for the pat, catching it before it hit the deck. She let out a sigh of relief, but was quickly snapped back to the present and clutched the pot to her, holding it protectively in her arms.

"Who... who said that?" she asked cautiously.

Siobhan looked around, trying to find the source of the voice or even just anything different or out of order. In her mind though she tried to place the voice and accent. It had a strange familiarity, but she could not recall having actually heard it before.

"Hel-hello?" she asked again, taking a step with her fat, clunky heel on the wood deck, still clutching the potted plant. 

"Did any of you guys hear that voice?" she asked the others, hoping she was not crazy.

"Oh, COME ON!"  Warren yelled at the screen as the symbols blocked his view and he was fragged... mercilessly.  The voice of some young kid was a faint mumble in his ear.  "Eat a dick, your mom does.  By the way, you're adopted."  He pulled the headset off and tossed it aside.  Looks like gaming was done for the day.

He pushed his laptop off his lap, it was durable, wrapped in one of the cases you could drop from a building and it would survive... supposedly, he wasn't eager to test it.  He looking for someone, anyone except Kaitlin who he was sure would try to convert him to a granola diet or something.  He noticed Siobhán, just as she asked if anyone heard what she had.  "I ain't heard shit," He opened with all the class and tact of a seasoned Ambassador of the Streets.  "Who's fucking with my laptop?  Someone playing on the network?  My shit just got pushed in because someone's making jokes on my screen..."

Matt finish building his charcoal pyramid and faced Warren. He pointed at the laptop with the tongs in his right hand while his left made a little circle in the air.

"Warren my young padawan, how many time do I have to tell you there is no internet, no network and no WiFi on Ravenhurst grounds. The magic just doesn't allow it. You are the only reason your computer even works here, I mean come on how often have you had to charge it over the last week?"

Warren caught himself with a wisecrack on his lips, but then he thought about it every time he had checked that he could recall the battery was around 75% and now that he was thinking he couldn't remember plugging it in last night...

"It's an efficient, high capacity lithium polymer cell," He argued back.  That's all he had.  The longer he was here the more his stern logical mind was uprooted by all the... the... bullshit he kept seeing.  There was a reason for all of this, and he was going to find it.  His constant denial was nothing if not cute though.  "That sucker could go... weeks, without charging."

Who was adding to the bullshit now?

"Took me forever to find one that would fit the Otter case I got for it," he managed a slight smirk of pride.  "Nothing but the best for my baby."  He sure loved his toys.

"Whatever, Warren you are the most stubborn sorcerer I have ever met." Matt goes over to where Siobhan is hugging the potted plant.

"I didn't hear anything either Siobhan. What was it?" He took the pot from her grip and set it back on the shelving. "You look spooked."

Matt had to tug a little more than he was expecting to encourage Siobhan to release the pot and as he sat back on the shelf, she stood looking around.

"Because I am." she confirmed, crossing her arms beneath her breasts to hug herself protectively, her eyes still darting around.

"Some voice.. like a whisper on the wind... asked me about the plant, but it was in some accent that I can't place, but I know I've heard before." she explained.

Siobhan then shoot at a look at Warren before he could even say something.

"And no, I am not hearing things. it was clearly a voice asking me about the plant. And it called me 'child' too." she added.

Safyre looked down at her pendant when it crackled, fighting off a spike of panic. Was it breaking? Had someone done something to it?! The cold air was nearly a relief; reassuring her that something else was going on. It might not be good, but it wasn't scholastic suicide.

Cold air could mean a lot of things, but it often meant energy was being transformed. One of the easiest transformations to accomplish was harnessing heat in a medium, like air or water, to power other physical effects. Even ghosts could do it. Was that what this was?

She could hear the others talking out on the deck...they'd experienced something too, though different things. A voice. Interference on a screen. The heat could have been taken to do those things. Very small effects. Maybe there was a way to tell.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Safyre brought to her mind the invocation of the Ajna, and placed her hands together with her middle fingers extended and touching at their tips while pointing downward and the rest of her fingers curled. She envisioned a triangle within a circle that had little winglike brackets on either side.

To open one's third eye could let them see the movement of energy and power in the world around them. It could also be a harrowing thing, in a place where the unseen world was dangerous or polluted. But surely noplace on school grounds would be like that...

(Using a spell to try to figure out what's going oooonnn...)

Safyre opened her eyes and the world was blue.

The light which came not from the bulb of the lamp or the setting sun through the window but from the very air itself, was blue. The kind of blue you imagine the coldest ice to be. And ice was what covered everything in the living room. it frosted the furniture, the walls hung as icicles from the celing. snow dusted the floor and an eerie wind blew through he house.

But it wasn't the cold that captured Safyre's breath it was the frog like monstrosity which the size of a large dog which stood infront of her it's forelegs propped on either side of her, it's it four (yes four) eyes looking at her pendent.

The...thing was a bluish grey and it had a strange smell of absinthe and clove about it.

Safyre's eyes widened in sudden terror. Whatever she'd been expecting, this was not it! She grabbed her pendent defensively, and the vision granted by her third eye vanished as her focus was thoroughly shattered. She backpedaled away from where that...frog thing?...had been perching and nearly tripped over part of a chair.

"Matt!" she yelled. Where was he? Had he been outside with the others? Safyre quickly ducked around the table and made for the glass door to patio.

"Baked Potato!" Kaitlin had called out over her shoulder when she jerked her foot from the water at the sudden icy cold and unexpected touch.

She jumped to her feet and glared down into the small lake, trying to see what had touched her. That had been no fish or snake. They had been warned about the grounds around Ravenhurst, but had they said anything about the lake? Despite the sudden biting cold of the water and the likelihood of Warren creepin', Kaitlin considered getting her swimsuit and getting into the water and trying to find whatever it was. She had been considering a spell that would let her hold her breath for longer or breathe water...

"Matt-" Kaitlin began to ask as she turned around, when Siobhan started talking about a voice and Warren bitching about his laptop. She didn't understand the technical problems he was having - the only videos she had ever played were arcade and pinball machines - but she started looking around with a frown at Siobhan's exclamations. "I didn't hear anything, Siobhan, except Warren talking at his computer."

The overly athletic girl's frown deepened as she glanced back at the lake. "Hey, Matt, is there anything we should know about the lake? Because I swear-"

1 hour ago, Safyre Starr said:

"Matt!"

"Now what?!" Kaitlin growled in exasperation. She was hungry and was looking forward to the steaks, and now this. Kaitlin started moving towards the dorm. "Safyre? Are you alright?"

Safyre glanced at Kaitlin and shook her head. She still had her little amulet gripped tightly in her hand.

"None of us are. Maybe. There's a presence in the house. I'm..." she grimaced slightly. "...not sure exactly what it is. It looks like a big four-eyed frog, and has a strong ice elemental resonance."

"...you'll be fine, I promise." Karen said encouragingly to the waifish girl walking next to her. She was dressed in second-hand clothes that were at least clean, if well worn.

Karen, a third year who had just happened to be walking by the administration office when the Dean had popped out with a note for the Brown Group and this girl. "Miss Mays," he had said "please show Miss Cheshire to the Summer House and give Matthew or Maria this note"  She of course had immediately given a hearty yes sir and was now almost to the house with the new girl in tow.

Cheshire snorted. "Sure, sure. House full of kids and we're supposed to figure it out on our own. I got the drill."

"It's not like that," Karen protested with a cross pout. "It's nice . And odd too special even. You guys get to live by yourselves out here what i wouldn't give for not being in a dorm. Plus your Brown Group, that's like crazy special."

"I'm sure it's an episode of Glee or something." Cheshire waved the girl off, eyeing the house as the pair walked up to the group's home. "Can I just see which cot's mine? Do we get a trunk or anything to keep our stuff in, or is it just a free for all?"

Karen just shrugged and raised her hand to knock on the Summer House door.

Matt looked at Safyre by the patio door, then at Kaitlen, then Siobhan, he ignored Warren. Something was going on.

"Everyone come with me now!"

He led the troop into the house to where Safyre had been reading, they were joined by 3J and Maria. "Whats going on Matthew?" queried Maria softly a look of concern on her face.

"I don't know but something." Matt took a stance in the middle of the room drew a deep breath and began moving his fingers in much like Safyre had earlier but much more rapidly and with added gestures and flourishes all the while mumbling incomprehensible words under his breath.

The kids of the Brown Group strained to catch what he was doing as he finished his spell with he same inverted triangle that Safyre had, which made her smile despite the urgency of the situation.

The spell finished Matt opened his eye and....

Aloud knocking came from the front door startling everyone causing Matthew to jump and maria let out a little scream which she quickly stifled.

All eyes were on the door.

Kaitlin glowered at the door, cursing herself for starting at the unexpected knock. Something was happening, she was sure of that, from the way Matthew and Maria were acting beyond everything else that had occurred, but this was just silly, jumping at shadows. Stuff was getting weird, but she refused to be cowed by it. Her muscles were tensed and taut as she stalked over to the door.

"To hell with this!" Kaitlin snapped. She stepped up to the door and yanked it open, balancing easily on the balls of her feet, ready to punch or kick anything on the other side and...  found a girl standing there who looked like she got her clothes the same place Kaitlin did. Kaitlin blinked bright amber eyes, slowly relaxing, her balled fist hanging down at her side. "You are not a big four-eyed frog."

Cheshire arched a brow at the girl and gave a sardonic, "Sorry to disappoint." She brushed past the girl who answered the door but stopped short at the sight of everyone gathered in the main room. "Oh please tell me there isn't some group kumbaya going on. I don't do musicals."

She crossed her arms and waited with supreme teenage attitude for someone to speak up and say what was happening. 

"Who are you?" Maria and Matt spoke at the same time

Karen rushed in and to the fifth year boy standing in the middle of the room She handed him the Dean's note." She's Cheshire, just got here today, she's one of you" said the girl happily.

"And why are you here Karen?" asked Maria as her brother read the note. For the first time since meeting Maria her usually buoyant happy vibe was replaced by one of intolerance and dislike.

"Um.. the Dean told me to show her ...bring her and the note to you guys..." Karen seemed to shrink in on herself

"You have done your duty, thanks." said the older girl dismissively.

"That way," Warren pointed down a hall.  He wasn't sure if her name was actually Cheshire, probably a code name like everyone else used.  Hell, he wasn't one to judge, he went by 'Revenant' as his hacking alias.  "C'mon, I'll show ya, it's either that or sit in here and watch these guys play 'Summon the Four-Eyed Frog'."

Her look told him everything she intended to say.  He waved both his hands dismissively.  "Seriously, don't ask.  The inmates run this asylum."

"At least they haven't broken out the floating candles and ghosts and shit," Cheshire muttered to her would-be guide as she followed him down the hall. They were almost to the stairwell leading up to the second floor when pounding feet could be heard catching up behind them. 

"Warren, you're not allowed upstairs!" 'Ken' chided from behind. 

"Sioban or Safyre, who's going to show her around and share their room?" 'Barbie Bitchface' added from the living room. 

Matt still reading the letter held up his hand "Nobody go anywhere right now. I messed up my spell and can't summon an ocular, do any of you know a revealing spell or another version of an ocular?"

"What about this girl?" hissed Maria.

Matt looked at Cheshire for the first time then at Karen "Right, Karen thank you so much for bringing Cheshire to us." He gives her a heart warming smile, "I'll see you Monday in school."

Karen smiles back and you can almost see the hearts in her eyes as she trips over herself backing out the door which closes by itself after.

"Cheshire's been assigned to the brown group she belongs here. Now about that spell?"

Safyre glanced at Matt quizzically. He'd messed it up?

A revealing spell was quite a bit trickier than an 'ocular,' as he called it. You couldn't force open other people's inner eyes. Instead, the spell had to actually thin the veil itself. She was fairly sure she knew the theory of it...but she was substantially less sure she had the raw power to do it. Unless...

"I was reading about revealing," she said, "but it will take a small ritual. I think just one other person would be enough."

She just needed a battery was all...a source of energy outside herself. And sacrifices proooooobably would be frowned on.

Cheshire wandered back with Warren after the utterly necessary eyerolling. "What are they doing? Are they seriously trying to summon a frog?"

She knew she'd be behind everyone else when it came to learning, but hey, they said three meals a day, some money for clothes, and somewhere warm to spend the winter. And no creeps. That part had been the most important: no creeps. As far as she knew, they didn't have her legal name so they couldn't be claiming her for the money (not that this place looked like it was hurting for cash), and well, she could move things about with her mind so they were probably not actually bullshitting about the whole magic/psychic bit. Still. Summoning four eyed frogs was not what she'd pictured as her first intro to the truly weird. At least Warren seemed like a halfway normal guy so far.

Siobhan heard them talking about four-eyes frogs and occular spells and she had heard a voice herself on the deck, so the thought of some hidden being, spirit or something, concealing itself from their perceptions did not seem all that unrealistic to the young woman, as her mind gradually began to open more and more to the possibilities of the world that the sorcerers here at Ravenhurst spoke of.

Taking a deep breath she cleared her head as best as she could and let it out. She tried to focus on her sight, even though her eyes were closed for the moment and reached deep down, lifting her hands to gesture, making some motions that felt intuitive to her, reminiscent of the motions made with the cats cradle. Siobhan could feel a tingle about her and shivered just slightly.

"Sight beyond sight.... See the unseen..." she said as softly as she could to herself and then bit her bottom lip cutely, trying to focus and more than a little nervous that she would just look silly to the others.

And then she opened her eyes...

Spoiler

Casting a 'on he fly' perception spell.

9D10 => (9 +2 +7 +2 +9 +1 +10 +2 +4) = 46

She also has Talent 1 if that helps.

"Oh, for fucks sake, dude," Warren rolled his eyes and turned about face, half shrugging and letting his hands fall to his sides.  "You guys play Magic-Play-Land, I don't give a shit about four eyed frogs.  I'd rather get those damn steaks cooking so we can eat."

He turned to Cheshire.  "Sorry, the nerd caste likes to disturb the rational folk around here with stories and pretend time.  You get used to it.  Everytime they say they see something, there's either no one in the room with them or they conveniently," he air quoted.  "Lose the spell.  Someone saw a four-eyed frog.  I wish I was making this shit up, I do."

Since they were away from everyone he took the opportunity to introduce them.  It was least he could do.  "That one there, Siobhán, pretty cool.  Rich brat, pretty, but rich.  She's sweet though, and she tries, so be cool with her.  Freakishly huge amazon over there is Kaitlin.  Also, not a bad person, personable and friendly at least.  Over there is 3J, she's alright.  Kinda cute and has the whole gamer chick vibe going for her but a list of self-esteem neurosis a mile long.  The one who likes to read about revealing, whose face says 'Princess' but her personality says 'Troll'.  That's Safyre.  She is everything wrong with the world.  Her soul was torn screaming from her innocent and baptized in the unholy fires of the deepest darkest pits of the Netherworld where no soul ever knowing love or kindness has ever tread.  Aside from that, she's kinda cool.  As long as she's not talking, or thinking, or... being."

He smiled at his own wit, still breaking the ice, he extended his hand.  "I'm Warren, by the way.  Yes, I'm only being nice to you because you're hot, and it gets me out of having to be a part of... whatever the hell they're doing.  That out of the way... I'm the only man in the house so to hear the women tell it my penis and I are always up to no good.  I can be a real dick sometimes, if you can live with that, we'll get on okay."

Siobhan mutters and twists her fingers, Safyre's pendent pops and crackles again, a clod wind blows thru the house.

"It will take more than that to make me reveal myself child, but you have talent much more so than these other fools. I can teach you Siobhan, I can give you what you want..." the voice drifts and fades on the wind and only Siobhan can hear.

"Siobhan!" Cries Maria, "Be careful hun, if you don't know what your doing it could be dangerous."

Gods old and new, she was going to get possessed or something. At the same time though, the girl had some power. Safyre felt a stab of sick jealousy...what she could DO with that kind of magic!

Safyre quickly goes to Siobhan and takes hold of her hands.

"Keep doing what you're doing," she says in a distant, almost clinical tone.

What Siobhan was doing, of course, was just radiating magic. But for Safyre's purposes, that was perfect. She just needed to grab as much of that as she could and work it into the revealing spell.

Another chill wind.

...and maybe some kind of warding or something too. Yes. That would be best.

The wind popping through the house made Cheshire's skin crawl. Maybe they were getting to the ghosts after all, and she wanted no part of that . She glanced behind her to where she was suppossed sleep tonight and sighed, pulling up what little hope-and-pray she'd learned about warding on the streets. She didn't wiggle her fingers like the others, but she did pace a grumbling circle around the room and wondered just how much her life was about become Supernatural because these other kids couldn't keep their hands out of the magical cookie jar in their own home . She actually was twitching and tracing her fingers as she walked, but she didn't notice. 

Spoiler

I rolled my Fitness as I think that was correct. Let me know if I need a different die pool. 

Roll(8d10)+0: 10,4,6,7,8,4,5,10,+0 Total:54

"Did you guys hear the voice? You had to hear it that time!" Siobhan asked, almost pleadingly, but received only blank stares.

"There really is a voice! I'm not just hearing things. It knew my name, and was, like, tempting me to the Dark Side or something, offering me power. " she said emphatically, her frustration ringing in her voice.

Siobhan looked at Safyre and blinked in surprise as she took her hands and calmly encouraged her, which was one of the last things Siobhan thought she would ever hear from her. Safyre's bitchiness was probably just a defense to keep people at arms length,probably due to some hurt or something, Siobhan decided. She could help her though, and show her the power of friendship, even if it would take some effort, and this moment... this joint casting or whatever.. could be the first step in that direction.

"Okay." she said to Safyre with a nod, clasping her hands in return, trusting in her classmate.

Once again she closed her eyes, took in a deep breath, and slowly released it, trying to focus and clear her head. She focused on her sight, even though all she could see was blackness with her eyes closed, and once again reached deep down, trying to draw the magic forth.

The two young woman Concentrated and Siobhan began speaking again. Matthew was about to say something then he stopped.

Safyre's pendent began to glow with a pale purplish light and above the two girls the same purple glow seemed to emanate from the very air. Slowly a form began to take shape...an eye! It looked as if it had been carved from a single huge diamond the size of the girls head.

Slowly the eye began to revolve casting a beam of purple light like that thrown of by a black light lamp. the eye turned and the beam swept the room. The girls, now both mumbling the same words that neither knew before they had started, had their own eyes closed tightly but they could see perfectly as if the great diamond eye was their eye and in effect it was they saw all that was revealed.

The eye revolved the beam covered every part of the room, the rest of the kids could see the beam and what it revealed as well.

Nothing.

The room was empty. If there had been a four eyed frog it was gone now.

"Holy Moly!," Matt exclaimed "That's perfect Ocular!"

"So... does that mean that there isn't anything here?" asked a timid 3J who was sort of hiding behind Kaitlin...you know just in case.

Spoiler

Safyre and Siobhan each gain 1 experience mark  i'll explain what that is later for now just mark it on your sheets

At the feel of release in the room after the two spells went off, Cheshire unclenched a little. Whatever had been here was gone and either she was totally bonkers or the whole magic thing really wasn't just in her head. Either way, "....so, steaks now?"

She glanced around for Warren, to see if he'd stuck around for the Diamond Eye light show or if he'd taken his own advice and gone out to make dinner. She was personally putting her hopes behind dinner because steak sounded a.w.s.o.m.e. now. 

Naturally Warren was down a hallway and didn't see any floating eye.  He's exited the room to go get a Coke from the fridge right after his long introduction.  Once he was away from earshot of the newest of his Crazy Dwarves when he unleashed on himself.  "So, yeah.  Good talk.  Glad to have at least one sane person in the hou- oh, no, wait... you're crazy too.  Come to wherever this is, I said, get away from Dad, I said, it'll be fun, I said... Jesus..." He'd even been witty too and all she could do was that weird shit retarded people do with their fingers when you got too close to them.  Crazy.  They were all crazy.

He leaned against the rooms threshold sipping his carbonated sanity juice right as Matt exclaimed it was all perfect.  "Of course it was, yaaay," His voice was monotone and the sarcasm of his 'excitement' was, as usual, insulting.  He waved about his free hand, as if to celebrate.  "Food, now?"

• Nina locked this topic
  • Nina unlocked this topic

Archived