MAGE20 - Paint It Black

MAGE20 ST

<You are doing a good job, Genevieve, and I doubt Cade meant any disrespect or mean to undercut you. He just saw an opportunity where he thought he could contribute. Where he could answer and look like he is doing something too, other than pulling a gun on a misguided werewolf.> Kaitlin thought back along the link, trying to diffuse Genevieve's anger and disgust. <And while the werewolves may have a pack mentality, we don't and we're still working out how our cabal functions. How about we all give each other a bit of slack?>

Kaitlin slipped back into the room after Triessa, resuming her slouching ease by the door, arms crossed and amber eyes narrowed in mild concern. "So, seems like we've all tried to our best to accidentally sabotage this deal with the werewolves. How 'bout we try to hold it together and make the deal, and afterwards, if some of us want to go separate ways, well, we can. But I hope we're not done before we've even really started."

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cade had been about to unleash some scathing words of his own, and stopped, they would only worsen things.  He looked to Kaitlin and nodded.  "You're right on all counts."  He took a seat and sighed.  This was certainly not the plan, and considering they'd finally gotten terms down, it was going well.

He looked to Triessa and shook his head  "That remains to be seen."

"Well, I was negotiating with the werewolf alpha, who is also the head honcho for the other packs around here too. I had them relaxed compromising and even brought a big spirit that they revere, that was pissed at us, back around to the point that we were being offered other nodes and a chance to ally with them. You see, they asked for a single person who spoke for us, so I stepped up, seeing as this is essentially what my brother and I have been doing most of our lives.."

"Then, for some reason, Cade decided he needed to interject himself into the delicate negotiations that I had been handling just fine. They have a pack mentality and alphas and all that jazz, so having a position of strength and all of that is important to them. Cade interjecting himself like he did carries with it the implication that he thinks I am incompetent and needed the help, at least from their point of view. So he fucking undercut me, right in front of their alpha, which screws my,position and flushes their respect for me."

"So after that, their alpha went off to see if Grandfather Thunder, the bad-ass spirit they worship, still thinks we are cool or not and the whole deal may be flushed at this point. Good job, Cade."

"I am tired of fighting people just to help them. If he wants to screw me over after I did all the legwork, then fine. At this point, I do not give a shit. If he was intentionally undercutting me, then go fuck yourself. If he did it accidentally, then it shows just how badly you need people like my brother and I to help handle these situations."

"My position is still salvageable though. Hell, salvaging the situation what I have been doing from the start. But to salvage it Cade needs to apologize to me for interrupting, in front of the alpha, which should save a great deal of face since it would no longer look like he is calling me, the person who is speaking for us, incompetent." Genevive explained.

"You can go fuck yourself if you expect an apology, you aren't getting one.  There's the door if you want to go. I certainly don't need you here.  You've decided you didn't need me in this little mental link you've had going this whole time anyway, so I've been trying to focus on accomplishing our task at hand and nothing else."  Cade didn't raise his voice, and he didn't even move.  "You call that legwork, that was nothing.   I asked what she expected of us she answered, I agreed to it.  Things were pretty much set to be over and done with amicably, until you go off and insult her.  That was masterful by the way, she didn't walk out until you did that by the way.  She seemed almost happy to be getting what she wanted, and for only the two other places of power in addition to the ones we already had.  Everyone was winning with this agreement, including the people of city.   Then you call her out on an insult that didn't seem to even faze anyone else in the room, and now she has to ask her patron if we're still worthy of their time."

"My intention wasn't to undercut you at all, simply to confirm that what they wanted could be done, and was agreeable.  I was willing to front the money myself simply to avoid the hassle of getting the chantry involved.   If that deal's still on the table, then yes, I'll honor it because I said I would."

"Yes, I have been doing the leg work. Were YOU in the booth negotiating with her, calming her down and paving the way to an amicable outcome? No. That was me. Same here to until YOU decide to screw everything up because of your fucking ego. You are not the leader. Nobody is. In this situation though, they asked for a single person to speak for us and I stepped up after you were blowing it by given them everything, even our names, with nothing in return. So YOU can go fuck yourself. You are out of your depth here. You did not need to interject or answer anything. I was doing fine. In fact, a hell of a lot better then YOU would have done. 

"I was fucking handling it, and quite well, and did not need you 'help' to come in and muck it all up. YOU were not the one speaking for us. YOU were not the one who had salvaged this situation. It was not YOUR place to agree to anything with her. You gave me a nod telling me you were good with allying, and that was good enough. YOU were fucking wrong here Cade. Period."

"My god. The fact that you cannot even see what you did wrong just makes it all the more clear how fucking arrogant you are and how much you need our help. Your ego cannot handle that though."

"Everyone WAS winning until you can in and undercut me when you didn't fucking need to. They were calm, offering up other nodes and a chance to ally and get more nodes. Why because of the legwork I had fucking done. You butting in was fucking insulting and disrespectful, and you do not even see it. Yes I called her out on it, to a degree. There are tactics to negotiation, forming pacts, asserting your position and showing strength that you will never fucking understand. That fact that you or some other did not get it or were not phased by it has nothing to do with it. There is a hell of a lot more that just shoving a gun in something's face."

"You did not not NEED to confirm a god damned thing. It was not for you to do in this situation. I had it handled. I was the one speaking for us, and was doing a hell of a job at it, Much better than YOU would have done. I did not need your 'help'. You fucking undercut me in front of her, screwing my position that I have spent time and effort building. You were fucking wrong here, Cade. Period."

"I've done nothing of value here? Are you fucking serious? Are you really that dense and oblivious?" Genevieve asked, laughing.

"We got these offers and so on BECAUSE of my work you idiot."

"At least we get to see that you do not give a shit about anything beyond yourself. Not us. Not the cabal. Not the chantry."

"You are not the boss here, Cade, no matter how much you think you are or wish you were. it is not your place to tell people to go."

"Everything I have done today has been for the Chantry you insufferable bitch.   You call me arrogant, look in a goddamn mirror."  

He paused for a moment and shook his head.  "For Now I suggest we simply put this argument away for later and await Naomi's return and Verdict.   If the deal's on the table we take it, and perform the rituals where we need to to reestablish the full defenses.  If it's not on the table, and things have broken down, then we hold our peace and go,  once we're away we can see about finding other places to meet our needs without riling the Garou."

Genevieve laughs with her eyes closed and her forehead resting on her bother's shoulder.

"Wow. Fucking wow. Your ego just cannot allow you to even see your fuckups and stop you from trying to boss people around. I mean, the Mind is my sphere, but your mind is something totally worthy of study." she mused aloud.

"If this is you doing stuff for the chantry, then you must be hell on wheels if your rail against it."

The amusement fades from Genevieve's face as she raises her head and looks Cade in the eye.

"You wanna do something for the chantry? Then man up, suck it up and when Naomi comes back you apologize for butting in to repair our position in front of them, since you mucked it up in the first place. Then with luck, I can still salvage this negotiation and we can be good."

"As it was, we were going to leave with 2 more nodes, the garou having no issues with us taking the third AND an alliance with them with the added benefit of them giving us even MORE nodes. THAT was the result of MY legwork that YOU mucked up, and it can maybe be salvaged if you put something before yourself and your ego and fix your mistake by apologizing in front of her."

"Do not get me wrong. I am not asking for an apology. I could give a shit. I am just offering the quickest and best way to try and repair the damage that you did. My brother and I do not need you, this cabal or chantry. We like some of you though, and this was our home, but we were fine before we came back here and will be fine long after. We took the invitation, came back here and signed on though, so I have been working FOR our cabal and the chantry, not my own ego. If you apologize and fix your fuckup so this can be salvaged, or hold onto your ego and arrogance with white-knukcled intensity is up to you."

"Clock's tickin'. Everybody's watchin'."

The door opened interrupting any further argument. Naomi comes into the room followed by Terrence. She has a couple of pieces of folded paper in her hand.

"Grandfather Thunder reminds me that when children first come together to form their first pack there is a time of growth and challenge as the individual members find there place. "  She comes forward hands a folded sheet of paper to Genevieve. The page contains two addresses and a couple of drawings. "That is where you will find the two small caerns that you can gift to your house. they will more than make up for what you lost from the ghost site.

The drawings are the symbols you will find at the sacred places we protect. The first is our symbol. If you see this you will know that we protect the place and the people around it it is our territory and we are always watching. The other is the symbol I have made for you with Grandfather Thunder's guidance.

If you see my symbol without yours do not disturb the sacred place. If both are present, you may take from the site but do not attempt to claim it.

If there are no symbols do what you will."

She takes the second she to Cade. On this sheet are four addresses each with a name.

"These are the addresses of the soup kitchens and the person who run them. They do not know of us or the help we have given them. I would like it to remain that way."

She steps back to the door.

"Terrence will be your contact he will give you a way to get a hold of him if you need something. Please give him a way to get a hold of you. Until we meet again."

Naomi ducks through the door as Terrence stps forward holding out a phone. "Who gets this?"

1 hour ago, MAGE20 ST said:

The door opened interrupting any further argument. Naomi comes into the room followed by Terrence. She has a couple of pieces of folded paper in her hand.

"Grandfather Thunder reminds me that when children first come together to form their first pack there is a time of growth and challenge as the individual members find there place. "

< Ain't that the truth. >

Genevieve accepted the paper and glanced at it as she listened to Naomi speak is point out the symbols, nodding in understanding. She looks over the two addresses and runs them through her mental map of the city to try and get a better idea of their location while Naomi speaks to Cade.

As Naomi leaves and Terrance steps forward, her gaze shifts to him for a moment and she hold out her hand, accepting the phone.

"I assume your number is already programmed in?" she asked.

Cade took the addresses and looked over them.  He knew where they were, and nodded.  He'd see to this when he was done with his current task.  Right now getting this handled was the priority, and then he'd make the arrangements for the money to show up in the proper accounts, as a recurring anonymous series of donations, per Naomi's request.

Cade nodded.  "In exchange for two other places of power, The rights to harvest other areas, and a formal alliance with the garou, we, or I, in our name at least, have agreed to help fund four local soup kitchens to help the community."

Terrence nods to Genevieve as she takes the phone and he listens to the exchange with gun boy and the hot chick who just showed up. “Yeah. Numbers on speed dial one. We know how to get in touch with you if we need you.”

He then leads you outside to your cars. As you prepare to leave he goes up to Kaitlin's jeep and hands her a small folded note. “My number in case you want to check up on your friend or you know talk or something.”

Without waiting for a reply he backs up and turns away heading back into the building as your vehicles pull out into the fading light of the New Orleans twilight.

Spoiler

The scene ends here it is almost 8:00 pm and the sun is sinking fast. Check out the ooc thread for options.

Everyone gets 5 xp

Moore stood next to Zay in the Astraium watching the proceedings from afar. Things had spiraled and were in the process of cratering. He had made a serious misjudgment about these mages and he hoped fervently that he hadn't ruined them completely. He touched Zay lightly on the shoulder. “Call them back to the House please.”

Zay watched the Archdeacon leave it was hard to for her not to smile a little at the other mage's misfortune. She went over to the old style Ham radio and dialed up the frequency. She hated using these old relics but it did make these things easier.

In the cars the radios blared to life and the voice of Deacon Zay came over the speakers. “The Archdeacon requires you to return to the chantry immediately. See you shortly.”

Zay is waiting in the drive when the two vehicles pull in and the sullen mages get out. It is dusk and the house lights are on. “If you all will follow me I will take you to the Archdeacon. There will be dinner after if any of you still have an appetite.”

She shows the mages to one of the sitting rooms Moore it there in cushioned chair his legs crossed and a book open, reading glasses perched on his nose. He looks up and closes the book. “Thank you Zay that will be all.” Then to the gather group he gestures to the various chars and sofas. “Please make yourselves comfortable.” As everyone finds a seat it isn't hard to notice the missing members of your new Cabal.

“First of all,” Moore began, “let me say that given the circumstances and developments you all performed admirably today. But mistakes were made. Some by yourselves but most by me.

I was in a hurry to get a new face for the House and I was trying to prove something with regards to Cross. These were inexcusable mistakes on my part.

I was warned that I was moving too fast. I should have heeded those warnings.

A cabal is an organic thing generally it grows from a need of its member's to... well simply survive to be blunt. I should not have thrown you all together and at the last minute add Cross. I had hoped that his experience would act as guidance. I misjudged him.

I forgot that it takes time for a cabal to jell to know one another to trust each other.

Further once you had encountered the shapechangers I should have recalled you and sent in a more experienced negotiator. Not that you could not handle it but again because it was placing added pressure on you.

For these things I apologize.

Mr Cross will not be rejoining us for the foreseeable future and Mr. Klarfeld has decided to return to New York. Cheshire will also not be rejoining you immediately she will be helping us with the incident at the hotel, which she and Triessa discovered.

Which leaves us here where we are now.

This chantry was founded as and academy and for the most part it has remained so. But we need a face members who can represent us to the world. I saw a group of very talented mages and I wanted them to be that face. I wanted all of you to be that Cabal. But I did it wrong. I gave you no supervision, no time to develop the relationships you needed I failed you and I failed the House.

So I will be stepping down as Archdeacon I will also be leaving I need a sabbatical to find where my judgment went wrong.

I wanted to tell you because I did not wish any of you to blame yourselves for any thing. And I wish to let you know that the Chantry still needs you but that we will let you choose whether you wish to stay or not.

If you chose to stay I hope that you will form that Cabal I had wished for and be that face for this old House I still believe you would do good things here. However if you choose otherwise I wish you all the best.”

He rises “Someone will be by to call you to dinner shortly. Farewell”

Quietly he leaves.

Cade sat in thought for a moment and then went to stand in front of Gen once the archdeacon had left.  The ramifications of this would be felt for some time, and he had to admit he as being pigheaded.   While it probably wouldn't be sufficent, he would make the effort. 

'I was wrong.  I thought I was being helpful, and I didn't see things the way you were seeing them.  I said some things, and words cannot be unsaid.  I ask you to forgive me and to stay, you and your brother. We were meant to be a team, and none of us really acted that way the  way we should have, me more than most.  I'm used to being on my own.  Not an excuse, just a statement of fact."

We've already lost three good mages today, as well as one who's looking into another project now.  It is my hope that the two of you choose to remain, and that All of you..."  he looked around to include the others can forgive what has been done, and we can move forward together to make a stronger cabal, and restore this chantry to not just what it once was, but what we make even greater still."

There was no insincerity in his tone, he was apologizing, and holding out an olive branch of sorts.

Genevieve blinked, with her brow slightly furrowed. She was already planning the route that she and Jeacques were going to take out of town, so she was caught a bit off guard. These words were the last thing she thought she would ever hear from Cade after his intransigence during their previous exchange. For the most part, what the Archdeacon said was true, though she certainly didn't feel he needed to step down, but to each their own. Maybe what he said and the fact he could apologize resonated with Cade? Whatever the reason, he seemed to be making a sincere effort.

Genevieve sighed and raised her arms, collecting her long hair in her hands and tossing it over her shoulders.

"We, Jeacques and I, are used to being on our own as well. It's the way it's always been, as far back as we can remember. We learned to depend on each other and work together to such a degree that.. I dunno how to word it.. nothing even remotely like what happened ever happens with us. We back each other up and compliment each other perfectly, so I am sure that was at least partially responsible for the... strength... of my reaction. I've literally never had anything like that happen to me and I have never had to worry about the possibility of it even happening."

"We've never had to prove ourselves to anybody before because we just didn't give a shit about what anybody else thought. We always have each other." she said, nudging Jeacques' shoulder with her own.

"So this is new to us too. We are all getting to know each other and feel each other out. We all have our straights and weaknesses, and we are figuring those out with each other. And I am not just talking magickally either. There's always bumps along the way. Negotiating with werewolves was just a really bad place for one. And telling me that I did nothing was total bullshit, for the record."

"Our whole lives we've lived by our wits and ability to talk, calm, persuade and negotiate. We have our magickal specialties as well, but we have always been more.. reserved.. with our magick."

"We all just have to learn to trust and respect each other, and that takes time and patience."

"Seconded," Kaitlin agreed after Cade and Genevieve spoke. She'd been silent when Moore explained things as he saw it, her strong arms and legs crossed as she lounged in a chair with deceptive ease. "Seems like we were all used to being on our own, for various reasons or preferences, and have our own way of doing things." She shrugged nonchalantly. "Doesn't make it the wrong way, necessarily, just different."

She nodded at Genevieve and her brother. "Like you said, it'll take us some time to gel as a team, a Cabal, but I'm willing to give it a shot if you two and Cade are." The tall young woman quirked a quick grin to her prospective Cabal. "Besides, I ain't ready to ditch the Big Easy for Wyoming quite yet. Dubois will always be home, I think, but I'm still having fun here, werewolves and vampires and what all besides."

"Guys," Triessa urged, learning forward in her seat a little. "We can do this. We'll only fail if we give up. I'm listening right now and I'm just really proud of everyone because this is exactly what needs to happen. Open heads and open hearts and...just talking. Communication. This is great stuff."

She paused, then added, "I'm sorry about what I did, that I wasn't there for you. Cheshire decided to help those girls and I didn't want her to do it alone... But we should have talked to everyone before we went. I mean, we did save them sort of...and found this rogue mage psycho killer...but it wasn't group-friendly what we did. That makes me part of this whole problem we had, and...I really am sorry. That won't happen again."

Triessa sat back in her chair and fanned herself, breaking into a grin. "Woo! Man. Feels good to say it. Maybe the Catholics were onto something with that whole confession thing."

Before Triessa could call for a group hug the door opened and servant called them to dinner.

The main dining room was empty except for the one table set for their now much smaller group. The mages took seats at the table and helped themselves to the food already on the table. As they ate Triessa shared what had occurred to her and Cheshire at the Hotel and Jacques filled her in on what had transpired with the werewolves.

As the meal was being concluded Deacon Zay entered the dining room and came to the foot of the table, a servant followed her pushing a cart with coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Other kitchen staff cleared the table. The servant with the beverage cart served everyone then left leaving the cart.

Zay who had stood quietly,now sat.

“With Deacon Morris' decision to go on extended sabbatical I have been elected Archdeacon. In the fairness of disclosure I feel incumbent to inform you that I was not Morris' recommended selection to replace him, however the remaining Cabals found me worthy.

I was observing your groups progress today, through the Astrarium, over all I thought those of you seated here performed admirably. For the most part.

I also did not approve of the way Morris treated your group. I do not believe that a Cabal can be Made. I believe that one must form out of the individuals who are to make the cabal, Individuals who have grown together.

But what I think in this matter is unimportant. One of Deacon Morris' last acts was to place your cabal on the Houses Charter as The Four Folded Corners, and listing Triessa as Deacon. So there you are."

Cade had nodded.  "like I said, said some things."   he commented once Zay had finished speaking.   He turned to Triessa.  "He made a good choice I believe."    He placed a hand on her shoulder in a show of cameraderie, and nodded to the others.  "So where does that put us Now?  We have our name, our Deacon, and at least at current the membership we're going to have.  We have the alliance with the garou, and some mysteries to look into there.   Still unless You say otherwise, we do still have a task to complete for the good of the chantry.  While our numbers are diminished, unless everyone feels we should hold off, I should think we plan our next trek to claim the places of power we gained from the garou.  I know tomorrow I have to arrange to pay for the deal, I was wondering if perhaps we had some form of Charity foundation I could funnel the money through anonymously."

"When Cheshire saw someone in danger, she went to save her.  You didn't let her go alone, and thus were able to keep anything from happening to either of you.  Sure others were watching too, but it did show you cared about the others within the group and put their interests ahead of your own.  That's a good trait to have in a Deacon.   Loyalty and trust are very important."

"Also, you get to deal with the paper-work," Kaitlin added with a playful grin, raising her glass of water to Triessa - she didn't drink coffee and very rarely tea. "Congrats, Triessa." She arched a brow at the Archdeacon. "I assume there is paper-work, right?"

Kaitlin didn't begrudge the Hippie-Mage the position, it wasn't one she cared for. And despite her protests, she thought Triessa came by it fairly. There was more than just following directives. She nodded over at Cade while fishing out the flashdrive from her pocket and planting it on the table and looked back to the archdeacon. "I assume there's a computer I can use, somewhere around here? I got something to look at that may need our attention."

"Ah the elusive flash drive." Says Zay as she holds up her hand and the drive is resting in her palm. "Such a small thing to have done such harm. Miss Vandussen we are mages, things do not happen to us by coincidence. I can forgive your lack of skill but not your lack of inquisitiveness, but you are young and this is a place of learning."

She stands up and walks around the table. "A sleeper who you are intimately involved with who happens to be a policeman, finds himself at the scene of a very terrible crime. He is actually rather indifferent to the scene however his lust and his knowledge that you are "into weird shit" leads him to photograph the scene, at the risk of his job i might add if caught, and he gives this to you in the hopes of getting laid."

She stops behind Kaitlin's chair and leans down and holds up the drive in front of Kait. "Nothing happens to one of us by accident" The drive is gone instantaneously appearing on the table in front of Cade.

"I believe, Mr. Alistair,  that you possess the proper skills needed to reveal what that thing contains"

Cade took the drive and nodded.  "I believe so, yes.  I will take a look once we are done here."   The fact was fairly obvious as he didn't have his computer in front of him.   While he could think of ways to retrieve the data without it, he'd not practiced such things much, and was just as likely to destroy it in the process as not.

He looked to Kaitlin.  "When we're done I'll go get my laptop and we can check it out.  He had some idea what it was, and had a feeling this wouldn't be anything good.

Zay sighs. "I'm trying to make a point Mr. Alistair." She replied coldly "We are mages. The shape changers you sparred with today call us will workers for a reason. That thing you hold in your hand is technocratic bullshit designed to lull the masses into buying into their version of reality. A computer will only show you what a sleeper would see. I want you to reveal the truth."

"I see so it is a command performance then."   He pushed his glasses up on his nose and took the flash drive in hand, he was going to try a few different things together, and perhaps that would allow everyone to view it.  He focused his mind upon the drive, and held it forward, almost like one would a remote, and a window appeared before them all so they could see the contents.   He had no prepared spell for this, but he quietly resolved to work on it. 

Quick analysis showed three pictures, so it was a minor thing to create two more windows, each showing one picture.  Each picture was of a wall, every inch adorned with occult graffiti, most of it garden variety satanist, kaballah, Wiccan, and other occult paths.  That was mostly nonsense, but he scowled as he noted the unmistakable script of Hermetic magic, as well as the flowing Verbena symbols.  "Someone's clearly dealing with things they don't fully understand."   The third picture was a mirror, splattered with Red paint, and after a moment, he tuned the resolution, shifted the perspective and used his own visual filters to allow them to see it as he did and scowled.   "What the hell..."  For the others it was as if they were looking at a slide show, the images arranged as three large windows before them for a moment, each being optimally tuned to show everything it could. 

The splatters weren't so haphazard as everything else, they formed the words "I SEE A RED DOOR."

He had arranged the windows based on how they showed their position, and shook his head.  "Three walls, no floor, and no picture of the entryway of the room or ceiling..."

There was one small thing Cade hadn't exactly intended, a small red dot in the windows on whatever point Cade was focusing his attention on, currently it was the mirror, looking to see if it reflected anything else.

using Forces and correspondence and spending 1 wp for this.  

long6 *rolls* 9d10: 10+3+2+4+3+8+7+7+3: 47 drop last die per nina as I rolled too many   6 total successes  

Kaitlin folded her arms and scowled as Zay stood behind her. She wasn't sure how her sex life kept getting brought up today, but it was starting to get really annoying. And using magick for something as simple as looking at a flash drive struck her as... petty. Magick was wondrous, and precious, and using it for something like this felt wasteful and lazy.

Believing that everything happened to a Mage for a reason, that nothing was coincidence seemed like to pure hubris to Kaitlin, not to mention, stunk of predestination. Fuck that shit, we make our own destiny.

That said, Cade's little dweomer was pretty cool, not to mention handy when nobody seemed to have a computer near at hand. Despite herself, Kaitlin leaned forward in interest. Her eyes went from one illusory window to the next, looking over the details, trying to see any correlation between them other than being occult graffiti.

"... And I want it painted black..." she muttered in a sing song tone as she peered at the window showing the mirror, trying to note any reflection. "Is that just red paint or is it blood? And can you tell if there is a text file on the drive, giving us a time and location? I'll have to give Pascal a call before Friday if not."

"A cop? But...okay, okay, this may be jumping at straws. But this psycho stalker mage used a spell to create the image of a red door. Most people couldn't see it, or him, except Cheshire and me...and he didn't know we could see him at first. He stepped out of it to get into the hotel lobby. Then, when I went outside to call for backup, the red door appeared in the middle of the street. It opened, and...it was like..."

Triessa trails off for a second, trying to think of how to put it. "Like a butterfly collection, I guess. Women's souls, or spirits. Inside this...place behind the red door. In his own head he was preserving them. Their...beauty."

She rubs her mouth with the back of her hand to ward off the sickly feeling that was rising up in her stomach.

"I think we'd better find this cop while we're out handling the places of power. He may be onto something way over his head."

"Did he happen to tell you where these pictures were taken?  I can find the place if i have to, just helps if I know where to start."  He scanned the rest of the drive.  "these images are all that's here.  As to if it's paint or blood, I could tell better if we were actually there.   Which, can of course be arranged but i'd like to make sure it's not occupied before I actually go there."

Genevieve sighed mentally. Working magick just for the sake of working magick was something that Jeacques and Genevieve generally disapproved of.

She had dealt with people like Zay before, and frankly they were annoying. But if she was the new Archdeacon, then she would play along.

Then she heard Triessa's description of what was through the door and her head snapped to look at her.

"A fucking collection of women's souls? What the fuck? That's not cool. This guy needs to be put away or put down." she remarked sternly.

"We need to do a search for women and girls who have vanished in the area, as well as checking the papers of other states to see about missing girls and such who were visiting on vacation or spring break or whatever, since those girls you followed look like college girls. Name and info might be helpful." Genevieve suggested.

"If you want, I can set up a mental link and help you to share your memories or what you saw, if that sounds like a good idea. Mind, memories, dreams, perceptions and all of that is my specialty." she offered.

Kaitlin gave Triessa a hard, steady stare as she recounted her encounter with the man and the Red Door. She didn't look openly shocked or furious, her expression remaining blank and bland, but the hard muscles and taut tendons in her arm twitched and coiled. The glass of water in her hand shattered, but the shards didn't seem to draw any blood and Kaitlin ignored the mess at first.

"He's a beat cop, not a detective," Kaitlin said in cold anger after her cabal-mates had spoken, cleaning up the mess with some napkins. "He probably was just the first on the scene. And no," she nodded at Cade, "he didn't tell me where the pics were taken." Kaitlin pulled her phone, though no without a covert glance toward Zay to see if she had anything against cellphones. "But I'm gonna find out."

Archived