Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [MATURE] [Department 0 - CN] The Den [FIN]

Naomi Minami

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naomi sighed. "Well... just have to adapt to things... we all have had to."

She brushed off herself. "Well I should get dressed too. meet down in the foyer in... ten minutes?"

She smiled and kissed Ryu. "Don't worry, if those doctors do anything I'll yowl and you'll come running, my hero." She said before meowing cutely. "See you in a bit..."

At the Doctor's Office...

Naomi was nervous. She paced in the waiting room after being poked prodded, sampled and analysed. The doctors were quite curious but they weren't saying anything. When both Directors Nishimura and Nakamura showed up rushing into the main office where the doctors worked, she was doubly scared.

When her therapist followed behind she ran over. "What's wrong? Everyone's all serious or something..."

Hitomi just shook her head. "I can't say, no one knows on the team except the doctors they wanted to brief us..."

"Well i have the right to..."

Director Nishimura steps out calming everyone. "Please... the Gynecologist and the Metaphysician on site here are briefing us on your condition, Naomi. Please... wait out here... Hitomi will you come in, already?"

Hitomi is whisked in and Naomi caught a glimpse of a cloudy image of her hips. It looked like a growth but... even her quick analysis wasn't working.

"No... can't be cancer... I'm a Nova... we don't catch that do we?" She muttered to herself. "No... can't be..."

She looked to the door, her ears down. "I'm dying... that's why everyone is in there..."

She starts wringing her hands...

When she passed by him, his tail snaked out coiling around her waist and pulling her into the chair next to him, cushioning her as she was forcibly sat down. "Relax. Worrying about it is not going to help anything. Let the doctors figure it out so they can tell us exactly what is going on, and what we can do regarding it."

He smiled. "May not be something wrong, Naomi. May just be something new they didn't expect." He could almost hear what was being said, and focused more on calming Naomi. She needed him now. "relax, or I'm not letting you up again."

Naoko sat down next to the two love...cats.

"Ryu's right, Ms. Minami. Maybe it's some weird nova thing that's harmless"

She looks over, smiling, trying to calm her down.

"Don't worry, Ryu and me are both here for you, what ever happens."

Naomi mewed nervously as the minutes ticked by, then there was a uproar that sounded like... celebration?

Naomi looked over curiously as the door opened and the Directors and Naomi's psychologist stepped out all smiles.

"So... Naomi." Director Nishimura asked. "Who's the proud poppa?"

Naomi mewed in shock. "Poppa? That means I'm a..."

"Yes... and the curious thing is..."

"Director! Spoilers!" Naomi screeched. Still... in shock.

Ryu looked at the women around him and didn't speak at first.. "Well, I should think I'm the father, she's not shared anyone else's bed since we met."

His tail was still coiled around Naomi and he leaned over to kiss her cheek softly.

"Good thing we moved to my family home it seems. " He looked at the Doctors and nodded. "Everything is healthy by your estimates then?"

"Oh yes, everything is surprisingly so far by Human standard. We see 5 growing little embryos."

Naomi looked shocked. "F... Five?"

"Yes, they're still not even in a fetus stage per-se, but they are at normal human baseline growth."

Naomi let it settle in.

"Looks like... i gotta start looking into some maternity wear."

"It better be made of kevlar, Naomi." director Nishimura added. "As far as i'm concerned i'm placing you on maternity leave and keeping you under 24 hour surveillance and protection, and you wear some sort of protection while you are out and about."

"I think you're over..."

"That is a direct order, Naomi. Someone making their mark just got a nice juicy target to go after and we are still dealing with this 'mother' terrorist. You've made enemies in the underworld as well with The Russian. We can't let either get you in this time. Those children you and Ryu are bringing into the world are the 5 most important people on the planet and you two are the most important family..."

"...if anything happens to you..."

"Director... I understand... what happened to Kamiko..."

"I won't speak of it, Naomi!"

Naomi turned away.

"Naomi... would it be imposing if... I asked to be the godmother to these children?" Director Nishimura asked.

Naomi blinked.

"Five?" Ryu looked at her. "Well you did say you dreamed of a big family." He smiled. "You have a little time before the maternity wear, but I'm glad the director and I agree. You're not going into the field again for awhile, You're going into strategic support." He nodded.

"Director, i don't see why you cannot be a godmother to them, though, I admit I'd like Naoko to share that joy and responsibilty as well."

He nodded. "Let us have a little time. We've got some months left to sort such things out. There will be some other concerns to handle before."

he looked at the Director. "The less who know of this the better. We can arrange for her to either remain home and telecommute, or arrange alternate transport. I'd prefer we keep this as secret as possible, else there will be no peace for us at all."

"Let us get some things sorted first."

"Well I'd love to help with the kittens when they are born, Ryu. After all ever since you guys found me and brought me on the team, you've been like another family to me. "

She then looks at Naomi.

"Sorry, Ms. Minami, but I have to agree with Ryu and the Director. You need to stay off the field. None of us would be able to forgive ourselves if something happened. Don't worry, I'll help pick up the slack on the field if that's ok."

"Agreed. I will stay as support. Perhaps we can implement the method the DSA uses for their Operators that assist their Agents. I will need all the faculties of Naoko in terms of her cybermancy. That way she can relay all the info she can to me. Ryu will be my hands and legs. Naoko my eyes."

She nodded. "It is decided then. I will take a extended leave of absence from active duty, and not take any independent contracts."

"Also, I welcome Naoko and Director Nishimura to both be godmothers to my children."

"Would this also curtail my tutoring and substitute teacher work?"

"Sadly yes. with five children you'll show very quickly. We cannot afford it just yet Naomi." He sighed. "I hate to ask it of you, but it's nescessary for now."

"Are you okay with this Naomi? I know we didn't plan this. And now we find that you're going to carry five children, I worry for your safety, and your health..."

Naomi nodded. "Alright. I'll have to have the legal department then handle the contract I have with the Tokyo Public School system. I do not want to burn bridges with them once I am able to be in public again."

She sighed.

"9 months... might as well say a year after their birth... wait 8 months it's been a month since our night."

"Still a while."

Ryu nodded. "Fair enough, but it's gonna be somewhere with a buffet, Naomi's eating for alot more now." He chuckled as he rubbed her shoulders, Theo doctors had left now and he nodded. "Thank you for understanding director."

"Very well... I've not been to the Aquarium in a long, long time. And thanks Naoko. You're a real trooper on the lunch."

Smiling she stood up and nodded to the Director. "Thank you for watching out for me, Ma'am."

"Just make sure we'll be keeping an eye on you and giving us gray hairs for decades to some, Minami-Sensei."

The Director walks out, to let Ryu and the others get under way.

"So... five names... man this is going to be hard... for both of us."

He nodded. "At least we have eight months. There's other things to take care of before then.' he stroked her hair softly, and held out a hand to Naoko, offering to pull her into the family just as well. "Least we have a babysitter and big sister for them in Naoko."

Ryu smiled as he headed for the door. "They'll be our children, it doesn't matter too much, does it?"

"Now not another word about it until we get home. Let's go have some fun." The Director chuckled. "Already did that abit too much I think Ryu."

His tail lashed behind him. "Not that kind Director..."

• 2 weeks later...

"I... Don't think it does... really." Naomi said. "I guess I worry for their sake. If they are more feline than human, they would be blind the first couple weeks out of me... I don't think they would have that problem since we are both Nova parents and potentially..."

"Wow... powered out of the Womb... That's the last thing I need." She says with a sigh, then she smiled. "Well... too late to turn back."

• 2 weeks later...

Naomi sighed. "Ryu... Something has been bothering me a little... something I have to say... perhaps... perhaps I've not been completely trusting as of late..."

Her ears drooped. "I mean, I think my coming medical leave will be a welcome break from the cloak-and-dagger bull I've had to deal with I've... I've been bringing home."

She held Ryu's shoulder. "If it seems I doubt you... perhaps I've been projecting my own fears over my own ability as a future mother. I..."

She pulls her hair. "Dammit... this is supposed to be a happy occasion!"

Namomi nodded as they proceeded to leave. "You always are, Ryu. I have to remember that. You and Naoko. I'm definitely sure of that." She hung on to Ryu's arm. "I don't care about the world right now... You and my children are. That is all that matters in the end."

"All we need is time."

=FIN=

Archived