[OpNet] Introducing Myself

Regina Newcastle

'Lo, all. My name is Regina Newcastle, and I'm a recent eruptee hailing from Oxford (attending Oxford, specifically). I've been a long-time observer of this site, but having recently erupted, have opted to take a more interactive role with this forum. So, with that said, greetings. It's nice to have the opportunity to be more active here.

I would tell you all about myself, but anything I'm apt to tell you all is information easily obtained on the OpNet, and very likely on this forum. As I get to know some of you better (I've already got an eye on some of you, mind), I'm certain that more will be revealed. Truth be told, I'm simply not all that interesting, as a baseline or a nova. Perhaps time will change that.

Well, let me think of something nice to say . I think i have it.You are a anew nova, and you may not understand what that means yet. you may still think as you used to. I can tell you this much, you will one day wake up and understand that the only nova that is not interesting is the nova who tires to be uninteresting. Every other nova is someone you do not know or someone who doesn't know themselves.

So please wait and understand that your life is bound to become more interesting for the rest of your life.

GMoT: Forgive the coarse truncation of what I find to be a very apt handle. I heartly bellyfeel you as well, comrade. I fear I may have thoughtcrimed about YT, as his plusungoodness caused me to wish him an unperson.

Satyr: Promise not to accost me with your oily yet somehow charming brand of sexuality and you're on, lovey.

Quote:
Originally posted by Regina Newcastle:
Carver, Flicker, thank you for the welcome.

Y.T...what can I say? I bet you condescend to all the girls, you big lug. Thanks all the same, but I think I'll figure out how to "make smart with head like nova" all on my own.
Well, for one, I am not male.Two, I have only slept with one girl. She is my wife. Three I was just saying something nice, as in don't worry things will get better. So, good day to you and may you get everything you wish for.

I happen to have a trip to that side of pound in a few days. i am going to be visiting with a few friends of mine,I would rather enjoy stopping by for some tea. Oh don't worry i just wish to hear how the world treats new novas these days.I have been a novas for sometimes now and it is hard for me to think of all the problems and trouble you may face today.

Long, Timeslip, Gerald: Thank you both for the warm welcome. It is my hope that I'll be able to contribute something here.

Lee: Thank you for the offer. Where, pray, is your office located, sir? I think I might be very interested to nip on down to a dig sometime and see you in action. My rather unique skills might even prove a help, both as a student and a nova.

Signy: Thank you, but no. Your text patterns suggest that you're a proxy for jokers like YT and Good Alice (or that they're proxys for you, whatever), and since I've burned my bridge with both of those rotters, it follows that I'll be burning this one, as well.

You can find my contact info right here. One of my students will be in touch. I have a dig going on here in the states. You're welcome to come out. We should see some interesting stuff come out of the ground. There are also some special projects going on with a few novas from this site.

"sir?" Ick, please don't call me sir. Makes me sound like some stuffy old Oxford professor laugh

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Satyr:
I haven't the faintest idea to what you refer... 'oily'?
After what I heard about you doing at Wakinyan's Pow-Wow this year, I think a more apt word would have been "sticky".

I'll still be open to spending some time together.

But seriously, if you try to shag me, I'll cut your ballacks off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Regina Newcastle:
But seriously, if you try to shag me, I'll cut your ballacks off.
laugh I'm half-expecting some comment about "girls with spirit" from the cloven-hoofed one here. wink

Welcome to the boards, Regina and Comet. It's good to see new members of the One Race 'out and about', so to speak. Especially one from the mother country, Regina. cool

Good luck for the future, and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. (Just don't ask me about Y.T.: I'm smart, but not THAT smart.)

I was born in Inverness, Scotland, and grew up near the mistakenly infamous Loch Ness. My father was HMAF until I was about seven, after which we relocated to Essex and he took up factory work. I'd lived there until I began attending Oxford, two years past. I consider myself British in every sense of the word, but my family is comprised largely of sovereign Scottish Nationalists, and it's an aim I am not unsympathetic with.

I admit, Neil, that my fondness for Scotland and desire to see her acquire her sovereignty again is a vestige of my childhood. Empirically I can look at the situation and know that there are benefits and detriments to both Scottish sovereignty and British rule and realize that if the Scots truly wanted their independence, they could, perforce, acquire it. It is natural in every sense of the word to be nostalgic for one's childhood home, however.

And yes, Neil?

Perhaps, though I'm presently more concerned with terrestrial matters, and I am confident that my life will be long. The nature of our proposed discourse lay more in ethical issues, some of which you've already been a party to my thoughts on.

Let us speak no more on the matter, please. If I wanted to have this conversation on the Op, I'd have already done so.

Archived