[OpNet] Sins

z-Carver

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimax:
Sins?

Who gives a damn?

I'm a nova. I'm a star. I'm rich. I can do any damn thing I want to.
I give a damn, Ultimax.
I'm a nova. I'm wealthy, if not rich. I can do many things, but doing good for others it what's best.
Are you happy doing what you do, being an entertainer?

Quote:
Sins?

Who gives a damn?

I'm a nova. I'm a star. I'm rich. I can do any damn thing I want to.
The sin you're looking for is pride. Though hurbis (yay for dating a lit major!) might be a better word for what you're feeling.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
The sin you're looking for is pride. Though hurbis (yay for dating a lit major!) might be a better word for what you're feeling.
Oh please, hubris? Listen here sweetcheeks, it isn't a sin if you've actually got something to be proud of.

I would say that Pride is my sin, although I don't consider it to be a negative. I don't see why that should even be listed as a sin at all. Doesn't everyone take pride in what they do? If you don't then what kinda of nova would you be?

Well, although I'm not really into this whole confession thing, and I don't really regret my sins all that much (it's better when you enjoy them), I'd say my main one is Sloth. However, when one doesn't need to work, why really work anyway?

And, well, maybe Gluttony, but it's more a physical need, my body needs even more energy than the average nova.

Quote:
Oh please, hubris? Listen here sweetcheeks, it isn't a sin if you've actually got something to be proud of.
First, you really don't know the state of my cheeks, so perhaps you could refrain from commenting until you know the truth. Also, I'm not sure you have anything to be proud of. Are you someone important or well-known?

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver:
Quote:
First, you really don't know the state of my cheeks, so perhaps you could refrain from commenting until you know the truth. Also, I'm not sure you have anything to be proud of. Are you someone important or well-known?
Am I important?

Honey, I am the uncrowned Black Circle Champion of the XWF. That poser Core is just holding the belt for me until the lawyers can get around to setting up a match.

So yeah, I'm important, Sweetcheeks.

Quote:
Am I important?

Honey, I am the uncrowned Black Circle Champion of the XWF. That poser Core is just holding the belt for me until the lawyers can get around to setting up a match.

So yeah, I'm important, Sweetcheeks.
Actually, no. Until you're crowned, you're just a bragging loser and some testosterone-laden XWF jerk.

But good luck on that match - and getting one. I really doubt Core wants to waste his time with you. I know I don't.

Tekk: Pride is only a sin if you take it so far that you start disliking your equals or betters, and start mistreating those less important than yourself because of it. When you take it that far, it's a sin, otherwise it's just mildly discouraged (mostly because humility is considdered a virtue).

Ultimax: My, I guess you're not as up on the world of the XWF as you should be. You do realize who you're discussing XWF standings with, yes? (And I don't mean myself.)

Ultimax, for being so important you baerly strike up anything on the OpNet searches. There is next to no information available about you to the public. I would think your efforts to make it big in the XWF would turn out much better if you hired a publicist instead of bragging on an OpNet forum.

I do agree with Carver though. If you're uncrowned, you are still a nobody in the XWF.

Quote:
Originally posted by Access:
Ultimax, for being so important you baerly strike up anything on the OpNet searches. There is next to no information available about you to the public. I would think your efforts to make it big in the XWF would turn out much better if you hired a publicist instead of bragging on an OpNet forum.

I do agree with Carver though. If you're uncrowned, you are still a nobody in the XWF.
Hey, I'm the baddest of the bad and the top rocker. I'm the Main Event no matter when or where I hit the field of battle. Those who stand against me shall fall before me.

Just because it hasn't been written yet don't mean it ain't true.

Archived