Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Agent Gary - 19

The Hoods - 19 (adjusted)

Blitz - 18

Superball - 13

Volt - 10

Hellhound - 9

Very Special Gary, can you clarify what the two rolls are for? They look pretty good, I just want to know what to apply them to.

Okay, Superball is having none of this sniper who has skylined himself watching us. So, Superball is going to use a Slam attack.

Now, what she has is Leaping 8, Which maxes out at Speed Rank 7. Since I'm going to slam into this thug with all of my inflato-fury, that's a rank 7 attack to his grizzle.

Now, since I have to take half of that damage myself (a measly Damage 4) I actually shrug that off with my Impervious Protection 8 (Again, this inflato-suit is starting to actually rock!)

So, what do I roll to pinball this mother trucker?

Also, do I have anything up where he's perched where I can bounce off on my next turn and finish my insistence that he stop spying on us (if necessary)? ;)

Naomi, two things:

1. Having a -1 in an ability doesn't mean you can't try something; you can always roll well.

2. Extra effort and hero points can always be brought into play! Actually Hellhound might not be the only person who is earning an HP in the near future; I need to look over everyone's sheets, as well as think over the situation in general.

You know, Heritage is probably right about that. Performing an action your character knows she's bad at, just to put herself in the way and distract an enemy can be very good grounds for earning yourself a Hero Point. You're doing something Heroic that the group needed. Even if you're not the right person for the job, you're still rising to the occasion, which IMO is exactly what Super Heroes are supposed to do. That type of behavior in a character should be rewarded, not punished. Especially in a gritty setting like this one. To the general populace seeing an XP attempt something heroic like this in defense of their great city would be a huge morale booster to the police, and the citizens of Lake City. I'd imagine it'd also do wonders for boosting the reputation in the group in the public eye especially in the wake of the example set by Grimalkin and the previous team.

After looking at everything involved, I think the benefits of her using her Fastball Special and martyring her action this round far out weigh the cons. I can think of only one con: A -1 to the attack roll. I just wrote a whole paragraph about the benefits. Think about it! BE A HERO! :P

Fair enough, SB, though I think HH's point is well taken for everyone. Volt, the suit is in fact invisible to UV (Full Visual Concealment).

In thinking over the whole scenario, I'm giving everyone one HP for Mrs. Switlack going into cardiac arrest, and HH gets the additional one for barging into the bank on his own due to his complication.

Wow! My HP count just trippled. And that means I may be able to save both the girl in the bathroom, and Mrs. Switlack on my next round. Provided Gary or someone can let me know she's having a heart attack, (even if it's just some hostage in the bank screaming the message to the bank robbers a la, "Oh my god she's having a heart attack! Do something!").

I'll have to burn 1 HP just to cook up the power stunt to do it (Something to the tune of Accurate Teleport with Turnabout and Progression progression power feats to carry more weight), but I should be able to pull it off... Grabbing the girl with Turnabout is a move action (to end near Mrs. Switlack), and then I can take an additional Move action to Teleport both women to the paramedics outside. You can still take a double move in 3rd edition, right?

EDIT: And yea, I realize that this is once again not the best plan in the world, but what can I say? Hellhound's "just gotta save that girl!" ;)

Dammit, if I would have known that was going to happen I would have tried my move.

Thing is Samson already ordered Volt to take the sniper down.

Ugh, let's just give Varro until the time he intends to return (Wednesday) to post. That sniper needs to be dealt with and I've already done my turn and she wouldn't act until told by Samson to do otherwise or her life is in direct danger.

Next turn I might try my stunt. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

This is all my fault, and I'm sorry; last week was kinda crazy, and my access, she not so good. I was also foolishly waiting for Volt's die roll post when clearly the guy's been busy. Jameson said I should just go ahead and do the roll, but I haven't had my book with me to check difficulties when I've been online. Being very bad at running combat (and still bookless at the moment), I think what I need to do is do a Fighting roll for Volt at -3 (-5 for target's invisibility reduced to -3 due to Volt's ultra-hearing) vs a Dodge roll from Pidge. Is there a miss chance I need to factor in as well? If that's correct, I can do both rolls, post them here and do a quick reactio9n post for Pidge, allowing us to move forward in init order (I think Hellhound's next).

Again, many apologies for stalling us.

Volt rolled by me gets a 21 on his Unarmed Strike

Pidge gets a 14 on his Dodge

Pidge is defenseless, immobile and impaired!

I'm thinking I might not have used the right totals on Volt's roll, but at this point I just want to get going.

Hellhound is up!

Edit: Yeah, i forgot to figure in the -3 for Pidge's inviso suit, but that still gets Volt an 18, more than enough for Pidge to be immobile and impaired.

As far as I and Hellhound are aware, Mrs. Switlack is still fine. Gary is probably the only person who could tell she went into cardiac arrest, and he hasn't been able to convey this information yet. Since the woman in the bathroom didn't make any decisive movements like I had hoped she would I'll just talk to her for now. You can count it as my turn, or as a delay, or whatever you want. But with the sub machine gun fire, Hellhound's gonna have to get in on the action at some point soon, just after he takes care of this little snaffu...

Just to make sure it's clear, if you want to speed things up, when the goons go and you write for the girl, you can count this as a readied action. If she comes out of the bathroom stall, you can write that Hellhound teleports her right then. Just for the purposes of moving along, so you're not waiting on me.

Gary is probably the only person who could tell she went into cardiac arrest, and he hasn't been able to convey this information yet.

Actually when he switched to comms again he lost any contact he had on the inside, so he is unfortunately unaware as well. This might qualify as a group complication (garnering us all +1 HP) depending on how Heritage wants to play it.

Archived