Aberrant: 200X - Hello from the City of Lakes!

The Mariner

I thought I'd drop an introduction for everyone who might have seen my id floating around this site.

The news soon will probably be out on the major news channel on my "official" debut in July, but I thought I'd say hello to everyone here first and start getting to know the nova community as a whole.

You guys already have seen on some press releases I'm codenamed "Ensign Minneapolis" by the team set up to assist my efforts. Some call it "Municipal Defender", it feels more like being part cop, part paramedic, part search and rescue and all interesting. My training period just ended a few days ago, so don't get fooled by the footage you saw of me back in mid-april when I fought in the XWF during the charity event. I got better at things.

Not that I'm interested in showing off. I've just been around alot of "alpha" type personalities.

But none the less, hello, and don't eat me. blush

OM-NOM-NOM!

Seriously, hi there Ensign. Welcome aboard the board. smile

What would you say is the single thing that most defines you as a nova?

(Sorry if that's a strange question. It's something I'm working on in my spare time)

I'm going to be honest and not BS you. I honestly, truely don't know yet. I've only been at this for a few months and I've just started to get the hang of being a Nova. I've kept it under the hat for a while and just now have started learning about what I can do.

And golly, I can do a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Ensign Minneapolis
I'm going to be honest and not BS you. I honestly, truely don't know yet. I've only been at this for a few months and I've just started to get the hang of being a Nova. I've kept it under the hat for a while and just now have started learning about what I can do.

And golly, I can do a lot!

It's pretty cool huh! When I first started getting control of my powers my friend and me cleared out the garage and laid down an anti-gravity field inside! It was so cool, we'd just float around in there for the longest time giggling like dorks. It was the coolest thing.

Until I ran out of juice... gawd that hurt! But still so funny. laugh

I walk a lot too, mostly drive though. It makes my dad happier that I do that instead of fly, he's always worried that something will happen and I'll fall out of the sky or something.

He's really overly paranoid, but he's a dad so what can you expect, y'know?

My father disowned me and my eldest brother prays for the failure of all my endeavours. Which is not an especially charitable stance in my estimation.

I do understand that fathers are meant to be somewhat protective, though.

It's a strange thing; people assume a father would cease to worry when their child erupts, but in reality they have far more to fear. Most worry more about moral and social influences than physical danger, anyway, and who faces those more than a Nova?

There's a thousand flavours of corruption, and we're offered all of them on silver platters.

Archived