[OpNet] What are or is the thing(s) the teragen stand for?

Dreamer

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No empathy for the dead? Bullshit on that.

Stopping Cull today isn't going to make us any safer tomorrow. Far from it. It will only drive more novas into concealing and repressing the most baneful of aberrations until the fear and anger rips them apart.

I do feel for the victims of Cull. I also feel for the thousands and thousands of victims that will result if we don't deal with the difficulties of what we are becoming because we find these problems to be ugly, or uncomfortable.

To put it into another perspective; compare Cull to Deathsquad. Cull is dangerous to dozens. DS is dangerous to tens of thousands. DS is that way because he wracked up an impressive amount of taint and aberrations over his ten years of being an elite and no one went to him and tried to deal with those problems before he became too dangerous to deal with.

As we novas get older and more powerful, we accumulate more taint and more aberrations. It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

Sorry. As an addendum, I would like to add that if a nova dorms down and never uses his/her QE's, I theorize they won't gain taint. There is a way to stay safe. Just don't be a nova.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashnod:

Why do I even bother?
Cuz you helped some folks here. Well, at least, me?

Fuck, Lady. Why you think I went searching for the Dark Lady and then hooked up with my Princess?

Cuz a you.

I'm starting to find my way out of the darkness and the light I followed was blood red and oh so bright.

Just cuz not everyone has opened their fucking eyes ain't no reason to bail.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Preston:
No empathy for the dead? Bullshit on that.
Read your own stuff and tell me how much empathy you were showing for Bob the car salesman or Natalia the retired actress. Lots of compassion for Cull but not a tear or a word for the victims.

Complain if you like but I didn't hold a gun to your head when you were writing.
Quote:
Why do I even bother?
Good question. I think the answer to that is suppose to come from you, not me or the rest of the Titans.

From The Blue and the Grey 2/12:

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Preston:

If I met Cull on the open road, I would gladly talk with him. If he tried to eat someone in my presence, I would try to stop him.

I have tried to stop elites before as well (with no real success) and then I have healed their broken bodies. Its what I do. I deal with that person at that moment.

Man, believe what you will. I live my convictions, you live yours. I know how I feel about the situation.

From The Blue and the Grey 2/13:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarot:

I would engage Cull, listen to his idiotic (I mean that in best possible way for someone that equates eating someone with being a stern parent) rambling and delusions of coherency. I would dance my ass off and offer to paint his picture if it kept him there. I'd juggle the skulls he brought with him as fashion accesssories if it kept him entertained. Because I'd be waiting for the LALE, FBI, SWAT Team, The Texas Rangers, the Royal Mounted Police and every on-call or off-duty member of Team fucking Tomorrow to show and lock his ass up in the deepest most secure pit they can find.

And I know how I feel about eatees.

Hey, look! Here's here he is now. You talk to him while I slip this around neck and hope he doesn't know anything about Norse Mythology.

Quote:
Why do I even bother?
I often ask myself that very question wink

Well, you know, the word of Mal falls on stony ground sometimes and all that. If you illuminate the path for just one Nova then maybe it's all worth it.

What exactly is the 'word' of Mal? I'm betting its either "crimson" or "china red". That second one is a phrase not a 'word' but he's a nova so maybe he doesn't care about the little details. The cape has got to be a major clue.

Why else would anyone wear one?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarot:
What exactly is the 'word' of Mal?
By Baseline standards I was being blasphemous and paraphrasing some Christian thingy. By Baseline standards.

Anyway dude, I thought you were in tune with the inner beauty and all that. Who gives a flying fuck whether the MASTERS of the COSMOS come wearing capes wink

Archived