Aberrant RPG - Possible Bodymorph Variants

The White Rat

I have come up with a bodymorph character set called Bodymorph: Kinetic Energy

Fell free to ad your own types and comment on those proposed.

Bodymorph: Kinetic Energy.

-Character inflicts +1 bashing damage with Brawl and martial arts attacks and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty to hit.

_Characters gain the benefit of the Enhanced Movement enhancement and Invisibility

-Dots Translate to into levels of Forcefield, Kinetic discharge, Telekinesis, Momentum Control, or Density Control (Decrease). Dots can also be assigned to Absorption: physical attacks, Fly and Immobilize.

Quote:
The White Rat:Bodymorph: Kinetic Energy.

-Character inflicts +1 bashing damage with Brawl and martial arts attacks and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty to hit.
This is fine, and this is your free-be.
Quote:
The White Rat:_Characters gain the benefit of the Enhanced Movement enhancement and Invisibility
This you have to pay for. You can either say that the PC must buy both of those requiring two dots, or you can say they are optional, but just because the effect is invisible doesn't mean you get it for free. Same thing as if you bought BM:Radiation (which is by definition off the visible spectrum).

BM:Radiation
BM:Mud (works better than it sounds)

I would include an enhancement or maybe an attack type as a free-bee. Some of the other bodymorph types have enhancements included, as well as other tangible benefits.

Liquid/Amorphous: gain flexibility enhancement + Asphyxiation combat maneuver. They also get to breath in water and move through it at twice normal running speed.

gas: move through air at running speed (essentially a weak version of Fly), +1 soak against physical damage, gains the Flexibility enhancement, and may use Asphyxiation combat maneuver. These are all free-bees for Gaseous form

Something else needs to be included as a free-bee. Maybe Enhanced Movement and Invisibility are bad choices, but to make it equal in power to the other forms (even hard solids and energy have greater bonuses) something else should be included. Maybe being able to inflict martial arts or brawl damage at a distance could be the free-bee, like a ranged version of claws without the lethal damage. Maybe kinetic discharge is a free bee.

I've always been amused by having abstracted body mods.

Body Modification: Style

Your clothes are treated as Eufiber 5 while this power is active, and you may treat it as though you had the 3 point merit Eufiber Attuned.

Dots translate into Mega-appearance, Mega-ap enhancements, Chimeric Aberration, Deflect/Redirect, Empathic Manip, Holo, Hypnosis or Luck.

Or

Body Mod: Nothing

+2 on opponent's diff to hit

Dots translate into density decrease, invis, sizemorph(shrink), and possibly disrupt, quantum leech, and disintegrate.

Alchemy, I was thinking about a similar mod like Nothing, but I was going to call it Void. I would switch Molecular Manip: Destruction and Entropy Control: Bioentropy Storm for Disintegration. Disintegration is too powerful for a Q3, level 2 power to have. I would also add Q-vampire: Life as optional dots.

Another one I have been trying to figure out the mechanics for is Bodymorph: Mercury. Mercury's density is greater than lead, and it is a metal, yet it is a liquid. How would that work with the density control aspect? I also figured it would have dots in Poison and Deflect/Reflect: energy only, as well as Flexibility and the asphyxiation maneuver. As for the rest, I am having difficulty finding other places to put dots.

If you have any suggestions for dots that could be assigned with Bodymorph: Mercury it would be appreciated.

Mercury wouldn't have density control. It's heavy, yes, but density(increase) is more about gaining solidity than gaining mass. Poison's a good one, though. And remember the other name for Mercury is Quicksilver (and if you've ever played with it, it's a well-earned name).

I'd say:

Body Mod: Mercury

Gain Flexibility & Asphyxiation attack (as liquid), as well as energy resistance (electricity only) at 3 dice.

Dots could be mega-dex, hypermovement (running only), poison, claws, hypnosis (watch the shiny nova...), invulnerability (various types apply), as well as a slew of different enhancements, and most of the body mods.

LOL!. "Watch the shiny nova..". hypnosis definitely works.

I don't see claws working with mercury, however.

I do see sizemorph (grow/shrink) working with mercury, depending on heat and atmospheric pressure. Absorption:heat and cold could be linked with the appropriate sizemorph grow/shrink, instead of increasing an attribute like strength. Think of a walking thermometer.

The White Rat: I would include an enhancement or maybe an attack type as a free-bee. Some of the other bodymorph types have enhancements included, as well as other tangible benefits.

Granted, but you are already including +1 damage and +1 diff to hit, and you don’t have any limitations on this.

Without any “You must buy this weak power” requirements, you should be comparing this to…

Hard Solid: +2 Damage and +1 Diff to be hit.

Energy: HTH does lethal (basically a weak Claws) and +1 Diff to be hit.

Liquid and Gas both give somewhat more than that, but they also force you to take a dot in DD.

The White Rat: Something else needs to be included as a free-bee. Maybe Enhanced Movement and Invisibility are bad choices, but to make it equal in power to the other forms (even hard solids and energy have greater bonuses) something else should be included. Maybe being able to inflict martial arts or brawl damage at a distance could be the free-bee, like a ranged version of claws without the lethal damage. Maybe kinetic discharge is a free bee.

You could increase the damage to +2, making it a twisted form of Hard Solid.

You could drop the damage, make it lethal, and have a twisted form of Energy.

Doing HTH at range is extremely strong, strong enough that there are no powers that do it (I’m ignoring Flexibility). Kinetic discharge would work but you’d have to give up the extra damage or to hit.

The White Rat:Another one I have been trying to figure out the mechanics for is Bodymorph: Mercury. Mercury's density is greater than lead, and it is a metal, yet it is a liquid. How would that work with the density control aspect? I also figured it would have dots in Poison and Deflect/Reflect: energy only, as well as Flexibility and the asphyxiation maneuver.

BM: Mercury (Liquid):

1) DD (forced, it grants Flex & asphyx).

2) Density Increase

After that you could go with Poison, more Flexibility, or Armor.

Note that Flexibility's effect would be calculated off of dots in BM and not dots in M-Dex.

Troll, what about the 'free bees' being +1 difficulty to be hit and one (maybe two) free dot in Kinetic Discharge. That is a free +1D lethal damage bonus on melee weapons, HTH and ranged attacks (not quantum powers). Of course you could choose to increase it you gained more dots in bodymorph: Kinetic Energy. Because the Kinetic Discharge is part of the bodymorph set, charging a ranged weapon (bullet or thrown object) would have no extra quantum cost.

Claws with the 'ranged' extra, if your ST allows it, would allow you to do lethal HTH at a distance. In fact it's cost would be the same as Kinetic Discharge, which is an extra for Claws.

Quote:
The White Rat:
Instead of a +1 difficulty to hit, you could get the Durability enhancement instead. Durability mentions that it deflects deadly kinetic energy attacks.
That would work.

Quote:
The White Rat:Claws with the 'ranged' extra, if your ST allows it, would allow you to do lethal HTH at a distance. In fact it's cost would be the same as Kinetic Discharge, which is an extra for Claws.
Claws converts HTH damage to lethal, and it does damage itself.

If you put "ranged" on it, then the claw damage becomes ranged, and HTH would still be lethal, but HTH wouldn't be ranged. Ditto putting Area on it, HTH stays lethal, claw damage adds to HTH and becomes Area itself.

• 1 month later...

Archived