Aberrant: 200X - A Community Service

Doryoku

Sakurako adjusts herself in her seat. Seeing the ceremony that Silvertalon performed leaves her with a bit of unease. Remembering her Mother's last tea ceremony brings back old memories.

Clearing her mind she studies Silvertalon, taking in exactly who she is. Was she just playing? Was there some brain damage? Simple belief or something more?

The newcomer didn't seem crazy or anything. At worst it seemed for now she was eccentric.

She deferrs to Katya for now, waiting for her food. Observation is better than direct questioning she wagers.

Katya followed Silvertalon's lead in the tea ceremony with instinctual ease, her grin growing wide and sly. If the vixen was wanting to play, she was more than willing to indulge her.

Setting the tea cup aside with flawless grace, Katya reached across the table, coy fingers grazing the back of Silvertalon's furred hand and forearm. Her amazingly acute tactile sense could feel every distinct fiber, the long, pliant ones and the shorted, stiffer ones close to the skin. And by the heat of the flesh, the race of blood beneath the surface, Katya was able to pick out every emotion running through the kitsune. With just a bit of effort, she was sure she could draw out the experiences and truths that were written in the meat and bone.

Let her keep her secrets until she's willing to share them... for now. I can be patient... for a time. Katya inched closer to Silvertalon, her ephemeral touch soothing and enticing, intrigue by her silky fur, riveting green gaze locked on her vulpine eyes.

"And who's to say I'm not a mythical predator as well, my dear? A tempting rusalka wearing a mortal guise, arousing those naughty thoughts and emotions," she suggested in a smokey, Russian-accented voice, her smooth tone so convincing, Ryusei considered the viability for a second before giving his head a shake. Katya chuckled richly, leaning back in her chair. Beneath the table, Ryusei felt a deft foot teasing his leg, the strong, graceful toes reaching seductively high. "You should have come to this world long ago, Silvertalon. The playing with mortals is exquisite fun."

After a moment, Katya's impish amusement grew subdued, her grin softening, but not disappearing. Her eyes grew somber "They do have their tragedies however, and the consequences, they can strike them, and us deep. Across the ocean, a city died, the city of Victoria, in the land of Canada, Silvertalon. Two hundred thousand voices were silenced for ever, to never laugh, or sing, or cry, ever again."

Katya nodded at the others at the table, a small, circling gesture suggesting a multiple of others not present. "Many of us are participating in a event to aid the victims and survivors of this catastrophe. Perhaps you would like to attend? It would help you to learn more of this world, and I would be honoured to give you my personal assistance in the journey."

The offer held dark and delightful promise and through her foot, Ryusei felt Katya's playful arousal excite his own.

Click to reveal..

Katya used her touch-ranged Empathic Manipulation on Silvertalon, just to detect her emotions.

Silvertalon watched all three of the nova's carefully sitting before her as she performed the tea ceremony flawlessly. The first things she noticed about the three during the moments of the tea ceremony.

The first thing she did notice that Ryusei kept very silent intently watching and listening. She had a little trouble reading his suttle reactions he kept them very well hidden. It was hard to judge what he may have been thinking of at the moment.

Sakurako on the other hand seamed a little uneasy for a few moments but then seamed to steady her self. As those eyes trained on upon the kitsune sitting at the table studying the fox whom warmly smiled seaming playful at the moment in her ways. Although Sakurako was a little easier to read seaming to want to observe and figure out the fox's angle.

Katya on the other hand seamed very out going, playful in her ways seaming to thrive on the social interaction that was taking place being more so the center of the attention then the others. She was forward but yet seaming oddly crafty in her intent and trusting....

---

Silvertalon slightly raised a eye brow taking slight notice of how perfectly Katya set down the cup angling the handle in the proper position showing respect for the server and company. It was a slight surprise to to her indeed but a welcomed one. Katya then reached over a few moments later sliding her fingers along the backside of her hand. At first she was mildly taken back by being touched, but oddly it quickly formed into a slight curiosity allowing the touch to continue. This odd curiosity seamed to slowly change into accepting the touch. A small part of her liked the touch feeling of the kneading and rubbing fingers in her forearm it was strangely unsettling to her deep down that wasn't showing right away but was slowly building. It was not until those words spoken even in a playful context she pulled her arm away from those fingers. Her eyes focused a bit more intently on Katya for a moment as she spoke.

"Indeed... You could be.... Or anyone else if we fall prey to our own desires and lusts. We can become a terrible beast in which there is no turning back becoming something far more frighting then the oni themselves if we allow ourselves to be weak in heart, mind and spirit. One should be careful of personal gain even if its intent is honest in an odd sense of understanding it could be the wrong action." She takes another sip of her tea as her eyes close for a few moments seaming to focus her mind at that moment.

"Indeed Katya I should of came long ago, the beings of this world are amusing in many ways. Although in truth as much fun as it is to enjoy a few good harmless pranks but its more rewarding to receive the offerings and praise. As such as your offering to treat me to a meal, how could I can not pass that up. Praise from those that I have helped in some way or another."

Slowly she takes another sip of her tea listening about the indecent that happened in Canada to a city of Victoria. She frowned a little before placing her cup down trailing a claw tip around the rim slowly. "Indeed such an unfortunate fate for those in that land. A shame Inari powers do not extend outside of the realm in which her children live and thrive in perhaps many more would of been spared such a fate."

"It is not accustomed for our kind to interact or be seen so openly in public like this." She chuckles a little "Let alone be more so publicly displayed....... Granted I am enjoying the looks I am getting and the whispers." She seams a little hesitant explaining herself as it seams awkward but at the same time seams open to the idea possibly if nudged correctly in the right direction.

Sakurako leans foreward in her seat, steepling her fingers and looking at Silvertalon. "Friend... something tells me you were sent to assist not only the people of this land but the people of the world in general. There is indeed great evil. In many forms. Evil, suffering, apathy... It's all there. But there is hope in the world. There is good. Sometimes I see my kind were supposed to have been put here for a higher purpose."

Sakurako looks Silvertalon over, to assess her response, and also... to at least place a context for which Silvertalon can understand. "I'm always committed to assist in any way possible... And I believe you might be suprised that your capabilities beyond Nihon are... fully adequate beyond it's borders."

"We are the heroes and villains of the age. Chosen by fate to follow our paths. Yours... is the most unique I've seen."

Sakurako puts the full weight of her talents into play. Silvertalon can start to see Sakurako's energy focus in her brain, growing into a virtual quantum beacon. "We all have our paradigm, and through that our power." She says, before Sakurako's hair changes from the well-known pink she was known for into strands of silver, and her eyes change to a bright green. "One moment..." Sakurako says, setting her ViaPad on the table. "Gotta fetch something from home." She says, then almost in a flash of what looks like data, she dissapears into the ViaPad's wi-fi connection. A note appears on screen. "Note to waitress: I will be back shortly, had to grab something important..."

The waitress arrives early, almost on cue. "Uh... where did Miss Hideyoshi go..." She sees the note. "Oh..." She states with suprise and a bit of anticipation. Sometimes Sakurako brings a little extra cash for a tip, and she tips well. "Oh, This is a gift from the chef by the way, Kitsune-sama..." The waitress says with a polite bow, presenting to Silvertalon a generous plate of fried tofu. "This portion of the meal is on the house."

Katya's emerald eyes glittered, her thoughts hidden by an amused smile. Higher purposes, Destiny, Fate, bah! No one deserved to erupt more than any other, many deserved it far less in fact, and their only purpose were the ones they chose to take upon themselves. She didn't mind helping out, as her whims directed her, it was when her aid was expected, demanded, that she drew the line.

The charming, playful woman listened to Silvertalon's and Sakurako's words, arching a brow in intrigued interest as Sakurako altered her hair and eye colour a moment before dispersing into a cloud of tangled strings of numbers and letters. Her eyes slid to Ryusei. Hmm, I wonder if Ryusei would find it interesting if I was able to alter my appearance at will? She would find out later, a fantasy just for him, and then she'd see if she could make it a reality.

"Seems like some mega-brains can't help but be forgetful, hmm, Ryu?" Katya teased, before turning her attention back on their 'foxy' guest, who was accepting the generous plate of tofu with polite dignity. Too bad she's a woman, I wonder what it would be like to share a bed with her... Katya's grin widened mysteriously.

"The public's interest with the uncanny and the fantastic has greatly increased, Silvertalon," Katya asserted. She waved an elegantly hand in arrogant dismissal, before taking a sip of her wine, her seductive coyness back in full force. "Of course, there are still the superstitious and the small-minded, but for the most part, the mortals are completely enthralled with our kind."

Silvertalon felt an ephemeral touch graze her furred leg, brief and enticing. "Come, let us show you a glimpse of the world you have missed, while you were dancing away in Spirit World. I'm sure Inari would not mind."

Sakurako chimes in over her ViaPad from her bedroom, voice only. "Forgot how much of a ... grief this suit is... to get on... Besides, Kitsune-Sama, I think you'd like to see the world once in a while, expand your horizons... There we go..."

Sakurako re-transmits back to the restaurant. She's wearing a skin-tight but not much revealing bodysuit. Her silvery hair and green eyes switch back to her normal pink hair and eyes. "There we go... didn't wanna show this outfit off on the sidewalk. I plan on wearing this at the event... looks suitably techie-like for it... I was thinking of potentially helping with the stage design and what not... get this, Vitrium panels with OLED coating... could show stats, vital displays, or just have a way for people in the nosebleeds to get their money's worth!"

She leans back in her chair, her suit squeaking slightly. "At the very least having someone keeping the computer operations secure at the site would be a good idea."

"And if you wanna make things interesting I do know a few things regarding defending myself. Maybe scripting up some sort of thing where I take on some human thieves, hackers or something... Something that looks good on screen, you know. It's the XWF after all."

She leans forward to Katya. Whispering, trying not to let Long hear. "That and... I sort of like watching from time to time... Dad'd kill me hearing that..." She says smiling.

His twins display of power suprised him, inasmuch as she didn't do such things often. Katya's words made him smile. "My sister at least yes."

He looked to Silvertalon and nodded. "Believe me, between, Katya, my sister and I, there is no part of this world that cannot be made known to you." He knew the look in Katya's eyes, and he shrugged inwardly, he didn't disprove. Mischief was part and parcel with her, especially in the bedroom as of late. Far more often now it was she who was suprising him, but he liked to think he kept things interesting for her.

When Sakurako returned He chuckled. "You would be the one to worry about cyberterrorism at a charity event packed with novas."

Despite her whisper, Ryusei's hearing was very good. He smiled, the only tell he'd actually heard.

"I think you fighting would be a waste, though in that suit you'll certainly garner attention."

He chuckled. "Even I'm not planning to actual fight. Though I'm faster than most, I don't particularly like my chances in a standup fight. I know enough to leave the fighting to those equipped for it."

It was true, though in reality, Ryusei was an extremely skilled fighter, but his way was one of precision and expertise, not raw power or staying power.

"Ryusei... I'm always thinking about that." Sakurako says, pulling out a business card. "Mr. Kobyashi! I got something that might help!" She shouts over before deftly tossing the business card over to him. She's had a informal association with him for a bit. He catches the card and looks. "If you need a P.I, I hear he's looking for work."

"Oh, thanks, Sakurako! I'll look into it."

Sakurako leans back in her seat. "Don't you know the typical data throughput from a XWF event? Also don't you know how much is leached off of their datastream for use in pirating their datafeed? How you think for every legit carrier there's 10 that aren't? Now magnify this with the saturation of this event.

I doubt Mr. Flair or Mr. Bartlett have considered this further than having lawyers with their form C&D letters."

Sakurako's stomach grumbles a little looking at Silvertalon's 'appetizer'. "Typical... The kitsune gets first dibbs."

Sakurako leans forward in her seat, steepling her fingers and looking at Silvertalon. "Friend... something tells me you were sent to assist not only the people of this land but the people of the world in general. There is indeed great evil. In many forms. Evil, suffering, apathy... It's all there. But there is hope in the world. There is good. Sometimes I see my kind were supposed to have been put here for a higher purpose."

Slowly sipping upon her tea she listened carefully to what Sakurako had to say staying mostly silent respecting the speakers time. She kept herself well composed the whole time displaying no emotions but was clearly paying attention. She set her tea cup down carefully taking a few long moments before she spoke.

“The lands indeed do have their villains, heroes and champions while the fates of mortals are intertwined in sands of time. It is by choice of our gods, deities or even ourselves that we become what we choose to make ourselves. As we carve our own stories, legends and myths in the fabric of time as one wise lady once told me such a long time ago.” Raises the tea cup to her lips once again and carefully takes a sip enjoying her tea before speaking once again.

“As for hope it is a fleeting mortal emotion but indeed a powerful one in which beings such as myself can't ignore. It may be out of courtesy, desire or the need to quench all hope to achieve ones goals it is all determined by the each beings whims. It is during such times of growing or great despair those with power will arise, but you must question the intention..... Is it for what you say a higher purpose driven by a gods themselves or the desire mortal whims. The actions they do in turn is then judged upon by the norm of the masses that may not even have a sense of moral or understanding. Thus someone that see's themselves doing the work of the higher purpose is label as what you would call a villain or hero.” A soft chuckle rises from her lips as she gives a faux like grin.

“Even so I find such beings such as yourself amusing to watch and study more. Even such as those that are your lessor but yet very much like yourselves in so many ways. Indeed a very interesting relationship and complex one at that creates many emotions for better or worse. You may be right to some extent that my being here is no accident, much like yourselves I may have my own legend to create. The real question is what path will Inari choose for me to walk even I do not know that answer just yet.”

Sakurako looks Silvertalon over, to assess her response, and also... to at least place a context for which Silvertalon can understand. "I'm always committed to assist in any way possible... And I believe you might be surprised that your capabilities beyond Nihon are... fully adequate beyond it's borders."

"We are the heroes and villains of the age. Chosen by fate to follow our paths. Yours... is the most unique I've seen."

“Interesting.... Did you research more of my kind or was it an lucky guess? Or perhaps it is well known with in some cultures more so in this age then the last time we have appeared.” A soft giggle rises from her lips once again as she myrrs softly, “Well indeed I am able to extend my influence outside the boundaries of Nihon. I been enjoying playing a few pranks on the sly outside of Nihon at the expense of those with greed in their hearts and minds. But be warned no mortal or nova is safe from a kitsune at play... Well expect those that Inari has given her protection of course we are only allowed to give blessing to those that are worthy.”

The waitress comes back a little early setting down silverware, plates and other eating utensils preparing the table for the meal to come. But at the same time sets down a plate of fried to-foo in front of the kitsune with a smile. "Oh, This is a gift from the chef by the way, Kitsune-sama..." The waitress says with a polite bow, presenting to Silvertalon a generous plate of fried tofu. "This portion of the meal is on the house."

Silvertalon's tries very hard to keep her composure as the fried to-foo is placed in front of her but those ears perk rather quickly and her tails sway quite excitedly behind her. Strangely exited upon receiving such a gift of fried to-foo. Her attention soon falls upon the waitress and nods, “I extend my thanks to your chief for his kindness selfless nature indeed I will ensure such a spirit may find a blessing in their favor.” She takes chop sticks before her twirls them around in her fingers in a very playful manner before digging in. A deep myrr rises from her as she enjoys every bite practically and literally glowing all over.

Click to reveal..
Her quantum is over flowing a little causing a visual effect of a unearthly spiritual glow much like when she phases. Over all effect does nothing more then just a visual affect.

"The public's interest with the uncanny and the fantastic has greatly increased, Silvertalon," Katya asserted. She waved an elegantly hand in arrogant dismissal, before taking a sip of her wine, her seductive coyness back in full force. "Of course, there are still the superstitious and the small-minded, but for the most part, the mortals are completely enthralled with our kind."

Silvertalon felt an ephemeral touch graze her furred leg, brief and enticing. "Come, let us show you a glimpse of the world you have missed, while you were dancing away in Spirit World. I'm sure Inari would not mind." --Katya

It didn't take her long to devour every piece of fried to-foo as it was clearly to scrumptious to let it become cold. Her eyes soon rose a little towards Katya feeling a foot slightly grazing along her leg like that. A slight red flush creeps into her inner ears as she calmly placed her chopsticks down upon her plate.

“I am sorry I didn't ask If any of you wanted any... They were to... Erm... Well.. Good to pass up.. I couldn't help myself.” She giggles a little coyly avoiding the direct question and tactfully pulling her leg just out of reach of Katya's foot, at the same time she raises one eye brow ever so slightly.

Click to reveal..
But in return one of her tails moves around and gives Katya's right sides hip a playful smack but strangely her soft silky furred tail brushed along her hip and down that right leg before pulling away. She was clearly stating Katya was being naughty with the playful smack but at the same time her other actions hinted she wont be out teased.

Sakurako returns suddenly as she left this time wearing something strange as Silvertalon couldn't help but to give a slight odd look at the outfit Sakurako wore. “My my, I didn't know nova's came gift wrapped in tight leather and blinking lights. But oddly it does look good upon you, seams to fit well.... Show off your curves.... Are you trying to court yourself a mate?” All the time she kept a straight face.

She waits a few long moments with a soft giggle, “I couldn't help myself there.... But indeed I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons as you say. It would be interesting to see what type of mischief I can get myself into and of course out of.”

After that she sat back watching the others interact as she had her say for the moment. She listened to Ryusei speak as her eyes kept watching him and what she suspected to be his sister as they seamed so much alike and yet different. She took note in the differences between the two but yet Ryusei kept himself hard to read into as usual only letting a few things slip here and there. This alone really peaked her curiosity but at the same time had to hide the fact she was closely observing them all the while openly being conversational.

Click to reveal..
Katyra would indeed sense strong curiosity directed towards Ryusei and herself gathering as much information on them as possible. That's if she is sensing emotions still, the fact she is cleverly masking her investigative skills behind her composure and outwardly interactions.

Sakurako quirks an eyebrow. "Leather? Seriously? There's not one bit of animal hide on this suit!" Sakurako says, flustered. "I wouldn't harm an animal just to wear it's skin!... wait... wha..."

Sakurako looks down at the curvatures of her suit. Silvertalon was clearly exaggerating, but Sakurako's more than a little self conscious as to how racy she wishes to look. She blushes. "Umm... Maybe I did let a little too much air out in the wrong spots when I put the suit on... I did put it on in a hurry." She says, standing up and opening a couple valves on the suit and squats a couple times to squeeze out more of the air trapped in it from putting it on. "Wait... this is just making it look tighter... bloody hell..."

She closes the suit's relief valves and sits down. "Maybe I should add some modesty padding so this suit has a consistent fitting... Or just have a built-in pump to keep some air in the suit going to certain parts... hmm..." She murmurs as she starts fiddling with her ViaPad.

Ryusei outright laughed. "Sit down Sakurako it's fine really. You worry too much. Dad's going to freak abit when he finds out we're both participating. abit more due to attire isn't going to mean too much."

He noticed the tingle surge through Katya, and knew it was Silvertalon doing something. He smiled as one of his hands rubbed Katya's other thigh, teasing her much as she had done with him.

He waved away concerns of food. "There will be plenty to come I'm sure."

He looked at Katya his eyebrow arched, almost as though he were asking if she was enjoying herself.

"I'm sure the charity work would counter any misgivings hanging around a bunch of XWF talent. To be honest these days you just got to get creative in getting people interested in helping. Otherwise they just sit back and just let Project Utopia or some other group do all the heavy lifting.

There's only just so much of us and there still like what... 7 billion non-novas on earth?"

She sits back, actually distracted from her modesty fit. "But you know me, Ryusei... Remember when all the girls at school were trying to see what they can get away with in hiking their skirt lines while I tried to keep from disaster because my skirts were too long for the summer uniform, yet alone the winter one? I'm just not... interested in fashion. Or men at the moment."

"One day you'll discover the joy and benefits of having someone Sakurako." He leaned over and kissed Katya, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. "I just pray you find a good man, so I don't have to do anything to him."

He'd always protected her, but her relative disinterest had kept him from having to ever do much.

Katya chuckled, her grin not chastened in the least by Silvertalon's playful smack with her tail. Suddenly, the kitsune was staring at the most enticing, instantly arousing person she had ever seen, a dream spirit made real. She couldn't take her eyes of Katya's entrancing green eyes, the impossible sheen of her midnight hair, her graceful curves and seductive lips beggaring description, yet inviting her to try...

... and then, Katya was her natural, albeit spectacular, self once more. Katya coyly ran her tongue along her perfect teeth, patting Silvertalon's hand. Her sultry, mischievous echoed in Silvertalon's mind, for her ears alone.

<Oh, my! You are a fun one! There are other things too good to pass up. Just remember, dear one, if you are going to play the game, you must play it to the end.> Katya's mental voice faded away with an impish giggle.

Katya smirked at Silvertalon's remark about Sakurako's outfit. "Falling into mischief is the fun part," she agreed.

Katya arched a brow back at her boyfriend, her surging, playful desire - and the deft fingers surreptitiously working their way into his pants - almost making him groan. *Odd as she is, I'm having great fun with Silvertalon,* Katya sent along their psychic link. Before he could break their kiss, she slid a hand up to the back of his head, holding him close as deepened the kiss, glad neither of them needed to breath. *I'm glad you don't need to sleep either, because I have some fun planned tonight, with or without additional company.*

Katya settled back down, winking at her boyfriend then giving him and his twin a teasing grin. "Why limit yourself to men, Sakurako, I'm sure there are any number of women who would be interested too."

She laughed out loud at the expressions crossing the twins' faces, then turned her attention to her burger, which had just arrived. The taste exploded in her mouth, inhumanly acute palate discerning every single taste, even the most minuscule amount. It was good indeed, a worthy rival to her local The Works.

After everyone managed to start on their meals, Katya grew slightly more serious on the topic of the XWF Charity Event. "It's easy to do, but don't underestimate Flair or Bartlett, they're a pretty savvy pair, despite being baselines. You can be sure they are somehow getting a cut even from pirated broadcasts. And there are any number of ways you, or you, Silvertalon, can contribute, if you so desire."

She raised a hand, fluttering her graceful fingers. "I'm offering my company for the spectacle as well as using my... unique talents to fulfill their deepest, wildest fantasies, for a single night, only. It'll only be in their minds, of course, but no less real for it." She smirked.

"As for you two, I'm sure with visible illusions and the right program to manipulate the Combat Zone, you can make any one of the Fan dictated matches truly epic. I'm not sure what else you can, or are willing to offer, Silvertalon, but Sakurako, maybe you could offer someone an add-on for their favourite video-game, remodeling a character into their image. Provided we can get the proper sanctions from the developer - this will be televised, after all."

Click to reveal..

Katya used the Seductive Looks and the Seductive enhancements on Silvertalon, just for a moment, letting see the other Trickster at play. Then she used her touch-range Telepathy to speak mentally to her.

"Why limit yourself to men, Sakurako, I'm sure there are any number of women who would be interested too."

Sakurako blushes after Katya's remark. She didn't even realize what sort of hole she dug. But could she be sort of right?

She pulls over her meal and starts lining everything up in a careful arrangement on her portion of the table. More to facilitate being able to see her ViaPad than anything else.

"...but Sakurako, maybe you could offer someone an add-on for their favourite video-game, remodeling a character into their image. Provided we can get the proper sanctions from the developer - this will be televised, after all."

"Hmm? Oh! Yeah... Or even better, put them INTO the game as a special downloadable content! Set up their moves and everything to their liking. And... the content can be sold via micro-transactions with the funds going to charity!" She says exitedly, almost spilling her soda. "BRILLIANT!" Sakurako shouts, then almost manically turns her attention back to her meal and a viral video on her ViaPad.

She mumbles as she eats... absent-minded mumbling an inner dialog? Daydream? Joking? Who knows. She's too absorbed in her burger and her ViaPad to notice or give a clue. "Flair better not want me in a sailor suit with a skirt above the knee... I don't care if his figure four would break me... I'd ruin him..."

Click to reveal..
She's behaving like this because she's actually mentally multi-tasking with her cyberkinesis. The more she does this the more it seems she's got no socializing aptitude. Looking more like someone afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome.

IF anyone bothers to look, she has four small windows on her ViaPad.

One searching for anime on N! while pausing any video for screenshots, another revewing a recent XWF event, another a CAD design program where's she's designing a new version of the drysuit she's currently wearing with more padding (marked on the display as flotation adjustment air-bladders) and the last screen has another CAD window and what looks like a black with white trim sailor collared bodysuit cobbled from found screen shots that is more reminiscent of something a full-blooded Akihabara dwelling Otaku would wear than anything. She's still a geek at heart after all.

Silvertalon gently placed her finished plate fried tofu aside gingerly and went back to enjoying another cup of tea. Her tails did indeed finish there gingerly dance a moment after Ryusei out right laughed as he seamed to suddenly change. This was indeed curious at the sudden change but she nodded slightly with a smile. “Indeed he does indeed mean your outfit is just fine. You should know its a fox's nature to tease from time to time.” She just softly giggles to herself as her fur poofs out all cute like.

“Utopia? Whats that? Some type of mixed drink or fruits or something?” She sips upon her tea again. “Or is it a bunch of nut crackers running around offering free nuts..” She raises an eye brow with a slightly sly smile.

She listens to Sakurako talk about school and how things were for her. “A shame you did not part take in the enjoyment of social activities with the others.... What do you call them.. Species no that's not it...” She places a finger on her lips for a moment thinking, “Ah gender.. That's it.... Its a little confusing some times to tell some of you apart with out having to get down and check so to speak.” She slightly sticks out her tongue in a faux like way.

Silvertalons attention was drawn strangely back to Katya as her eyes couldn't pull away a slight mix of thoughts and emotions flowed though her making her ears twitch and her tails rustle. She found herself reaching towards Katya and then as her hand touches hers. She heard the voice in her mind a bit startled by the realization but deep down expected perhaps Katya could do something like this. The slight rattled sensation quickly cleared away. While a wicked grin slowly played across that muzzle the only outwardly showing if one was watching would notice. But a very low growl could only be heard by those with sharp ears. Before she whispered something back in return.

Click to reveal..
...Tease... Now I see...

Her hand moved gingerly around Katya's and gripped down a bit firmly but then slowly rakes her claws across the backside of Katya's hand giving the finger tips a light claw tap or two before with drawing. She closed her eyes and focused upon herself for a few moments to strengthening her will power.

The food came shortly right after the burger appeared for Katya she smiled and nodded towards the waitress “Thank you... I have something for your chief...” She sweetly myrrs.

“Oh, I be happy to give your tip to the chief if you like.” Waitress replys with a smile.

Silvertalon nodded with a warm smile, “Indeed this should be quite a rare surprise.” She reaches into the arm length of her kimono and pulls out a single coin. By the looks of it copper but those with good eye sight will notice its very old and the print on it doesn't match with anything today. The markings in the coin itself clearly ancient. The kitsune giggles at the waitress slight confused look at the strange coin. “Tell him to look past... He will find the answer to this gift.” The kitsune giggles a bit as the waitress heads on over to give the gift to the chief indeed confused by it and the words she gave.

Click to reveal..
A 15th century dynasty coin. Worth a great deal...

Silvertalon placed her sushi in front of her and pulled out some chop sticks and begins to enjoy her meal. It was a very large plate but one she knew she could easily devour. “Oh my... So much.. This will spoil my foxy figure what shall I ever do.” She giggles softly before easily taking her first piece of sushi in one bite with a happy rumble enjoying the flavor. She indeed listened more so now as the others spoke taking careful not in Katya said as it reinforced her thoughts that she was indeed an empathic nova one that could effect emotions. Having experienced it a few times herself it was an interesting prospect so to speak, one that she had to be very careful around if she wanted to continue enjoying the way she saw herself.

“I may be able to provide a few things, but I no guarantee I wont behave.... Its a fox thing..” She giggles some eagerly devouring another sushi quite enjoying the meal on bite at a time.

She then noticed the hot sauce sitting off to the side and brought it over, slowly dipped one sushi into the hot sauce getting a good amount of sauce on it. She then scarfed the sushi down with out second thought. Slowly her chewing stopped, then everyone saw the white truff of fur upon her neck turn a crimson color. Then that color rose quickly upwards over her head as she turned suddenly facing away holding muzzle eyes wide.

Click to reveal..
.... She used her quantum to nab a bit of fire near by and placed it into hand for the next trick hopefully the use was such a small draw it will go unnoticed.

An much like one would see from a cartoon or expect. She suddenly turns around opening her mouth as large gout of fire leaps out from her gape muzzle. She then weakly gasps, “...Hhhh...ooo...TTtttt!” The smoke looks to be slightly rising up around her lips. The crimson coloring that suddenly appeared quickly vanished from her face and neck. Quickly she gulps down her own glass of water with a soft contented sigh. Still there was a little smoke still rising from the corner of her lips for a moment longer.

“Anyhow....” She suddenly acts like nothing happened.... “You were saying..”

...“A shame you did not part take in the enjoyment of social activities with the others.... What do you call them.. Species no that's not it...” ...“Ah gender.. That's it.... Its a little confusing some times to tell some of you apart with out having to get down and check so to speak.”...

This was enough to get Sakurako to look up right as Silvertalon goes cartoonish. She reaches in her bag for a comapct fire extinguisher and sets it on the table next to her ViaPad.

She takes a firm, but diplomatic tone in english, almost sounding british in accent. "I usually carry one of these for any rescuing like that car accident out there earlier, but I might need this if you try to burn the place down.

Please... I think Katya is trying to make a serious offer here, it would be at least kind to listen."

She looks back down at her ViaPad.

"And it's complicated regarding my youth, Kitsune. Way more.

Katya... might be right... But the one that interested me is long dead now."

Ryusei watched the interplay without word, or even a hint of jealousy. He was confident in his relationship with Katya, enough so that that the List only bothered him a little.

He nodded.

"Hey, I only scared off the ones that would have been a problem. You're a grown woman now, you can see who you want."

He was obviously teasing Sakurako now.

"It wasn't that... it was Noharra-Sempai...."

She continues staring at her pad, her tone becoming a bit emotionless. When she nibbles on her food it's obvious she's becoming clinical as a defensive mechanism.

"In any case it's irrelevant to the matters before us. What sort of role outside of what was already stated can I or should I pay in this event, Katya?"

Katya chuckled in delight, amused by Silvertalon's cartoonish antics. "That is perfect, Silvertalon. I think antics of that nature would do well as interludes between matches. Though I think you would have to develop a longer skit."

Even without using any quantum-empowered perceptions, Katya noted Sakurako's withdrawing reticence. She reached around Ryusei - taking the opportunity to slide some pleasant anatomy across his chest - and gave Sakurako a consoling squeeze on the shoulder, some quantum power leaking out, to improve her mood.

"You can anything you like and are comfortable with, Sakurako," Katya said smoothly, while inside her boyfriend's sister's mind, she added, *You must tell me of Noharra-Sempai sometime. Dwelling on the past leads to heartbreak. Accept what has happened on move on. Life stretches before you, not behind.* Sakurako could feel Katya's wicked grin, her expression remaining one of polite concern. *I can help you with this, give you a chance to tell her whatever you wanted to, but didn't, or couldn't.*

"Other than providing the in-game avatar of a donator, you could offer to serve as a Nova-companion for someone during the event. And if that doesn't suit, I'm sure there are any number of ways you help behind the scenes. Perhaps using your technical expertise in helping to arrange the Combat Zone for some of more exotic fights the fans demand." Katya glanced back at Silvertalon with a grin. "Your illusions could help in that as well. Really, both of you, just think of how you'd like to contribute, and we'll find a way to make it work. There's as many ways you can help as there are Novas."

"Hmm... you know, I could whip up some small drones I can network and control mentally to provide probably the closest footage yet in XWF battles. I'd been coming up with them for search-and-rescue efforts, but finding a use in entertainment might provide a secondary commerce vector for my portfolio."

Sakurako whips a ViaPad window around with a fingerflip. "Hopefully I can get this outfit set for the actual event... I should at least be prepared to have something fall on me or hit me in a sensitive spot. Something to wear over the eufiber."

She munches on what's left of her sandwich. "Between matches I may have to transmit into the fight zone to move a couple recievers/transmitters to optimize signal coverage. I'm building them tough... tough enough for S&R purposes or even space exploration, so I'm sure Superbeast shouldn't be an issue."

"Outside of that... no one is to lay a hand on me."

She leans back. "Nerds aren't known for their fighting prowess."

Silvertalon shrugs a little with a quirky smile "My dear lady Katya-san, the antic's of the kitsune are always at our own amusement. If it does amuse me so I might parley in entertaining my own curiosity as I see fit." A soft giggle can be heard as she munches down on her sushi a bit more enjoying the last bits on the plate before setting down her chop sticks.

She watches the others carefully but remains casual still a bit on guard but still more so curious about the company she is keeping for the moment. She listens intently at the conversation about the event and notices the slight mood change in Sakurako take place after Katya place a hand upon her shoulder. But then attention soon fell upon her as Katya spoke of illusions. Her fur ruffled a little at that as she raised an eye brow slightly in Kayta's direction.

"My dear Katya we kitsune change the reality around us to suit our needs, its no mere illusion. But indeed we are able to alter the reality we perceive into shades in which you can call illusions." She sits back a little with her hands hidden with in her kimono sleeves.

She tilts her head slightly to the side looking now at the table as an illusion of herself standing about ten inches stands on the table looking up at herself. She smiles a little as the kimono shifts into a more loose style with slits up the sides of the garment allowing the legs full movement. The long sleeves cut back into sleeveless and the front opens up being a bit showy. The illusion changes a little more as a small what looks to be arrow quiver is now upon the back. As illusions right hand stretches outwards as a bow forms in the hand with blades on the end.

"I was thinking of a garment like this, I am pretty skilled with use of relic's like these..." She casually comments. As the illusion draws back and what looks to be flames leaping from its tails forms a arrow a very small one and fires it towards katya. The little fiery arrow soars with a sizzling sound right past her right ear. Kayta felt the warmth off that small arrows illusion but oddly it felt so real.

"So tell me Katya was that an illusion or reality being bent to my whim?" A smug little smirk plays across her muzzle being quite mischievous. The illusion soon faded after wards.

Click to reveal..
The illusion was a big distraction due to the detail and quantum used to hide the draw for actual fire from a near by candle source. The draw was masked very cleverly into the construction of the illusion. Thus when the tails actually made the arrow with the fiery illusion it was a mix of illusion and fire elemental control. To give illusion the the ability it became real. Detecting or figuring out how it was done would take some time she was clever to mask it all.

"No worries, Sakurako, any fights for the Charity event are purely voluntary and regardless of what the fans or donators may want, if any of fantasy matches are deemed too dangerous, they will be canceled," Katya assured the pink-haired, self-proclaimed nerd. "Though watch out for Robot Rob - he likes geek girls."

Katya's smile grew slow and mysterious as she watched Silvertalon's display, noting her ruffled indignation. For the first time, Katya began to ponder if Silvertalon was truly delusional or simply dedicated to the role she had chosen. True, the heat felt real enough, but there were many degrees and variances of illusions, along with some Novas' capabilities to quantumly manipulate the structure of reality in a limited fashion.

"Who ever said there was anything 'mere' about illusion?" Katya countered with her own smirk. "Or that it couldn't affect reality? This becomes a question of metaphysics." Katya looked around for something to use as an example, then waved at the partially eaten burger on her plate.

"If I make you see this burger as a cow, a miniature one standing on my plate - you can see it move, smell it, hear it low, even reach out and pet its warm hide - is that reality being bent, or an illusion? In every way that matters, it is real. But it is real only for you, for everyone else, it remains a mundane burger, though admittedly, a very tasty one. What is illusion and what is real is a matter of personal perception." She pursed her seductive lips in thought. "And perhaps in the tangible effects caused beyond what one perceives."

Katya gave her head a shake, midnight hair shimmering under the low light, and gave her hand a wave of dismissal, giving Silvertalon a wry grin. "But this is far too heady a conversation for a first meeting, don't you agree? Let us just agree that 'illusion' is an... illusory and indefinite term, but one that suits when the underlying effect is unknown. Fair enough?" A dimple flashed as her grin turned avidly impish. "But if you like, I would more than enjoy discussing this further at a later time, perhaps with more dramatic displays of our respective talents."

Katya gave Ryusei a coy glance out of the corner of her eye, and he could feel her amusement flowing across their mental link. "I think the distance between reality and fantasy is far thinner than anyone believes, and that much fun can be had dancing on that precipice."

"After all, the XWF, most entertainment in fact, is built on the willing, and communal, suspension of disbelief. And yet, it can still have tangible effects and benefits. Such is what we are hoping to accomplish with this Charity Event, Silvertalon."

"We all effect reality in very slight, almost immeasurable due to the lack of size increments... SilverTalon just does it better it seems." Sakurako says, chewing on an onion ring. She's always had a love for them and this one is just another victim of her irrepressible hunger.

"As for this Robot Rob fellow... What's his deal? My interest is... semi-perked." She says with a semi-detached, but still interested tone.

Silvertalon listened intently to what Katya had to say and nodded slightly from time to time. Indeed illusions can have or be an indefinite term. "Indeed such a topic would take considerable time and resources to explain and define to an extent. It would be wise to perhaps pick up the subject another time. There is no need to be flashy with my gifts and abilities. The actions of one is what will define whom they are." She smiled slightly with a coy grin.

"Besides with your smile, playful winks and nature of what you are and can do. It is quite assured you could easily sink ships with such loose lips and those curvy hips of yours." A soft chuckle escapes her lips.

"But what can I do, I do not dabble in the techno-mancy that Sakurako-san is so proficient in. No do I have from what I can tell seductive allure and contact telepathic abilities and I am pretty sure your hiding a good array of other skills as well Katya-san. As for you Ryusei-san I am still trying to figure out what you can do." She picks up her tea cup slowly taking a few long sips.

"But its assured judging by what I have seen thus far Ryusei-san is most likely able to move swiftly or teleport. A good guess would be he is more of a physical adept with his abilities judging by his.." myrrr "..bodies build." A slight flush rises in her ears as she casually looks down into her cup of tea.

"Myself, not much other then what you could guess or have seen thus far. I am just a humble servant of Inari. Although it does have its advantages...."

"Technomancer? Although with your point of view my use of technology would seem to be magical in nature."

Sakurako adjusts herself in her seat. "But if you get me in a magical girl costume..."

Sakurako leans over to Silvertalon. "I don't care how many tails ya got, you'll do that over my dead body." She says with a gaze saying "tempt me". Of course by tempt me it means "give her a reason TO wear such an outfit". After all, she is an otaku...

Click to reveal..
If Katya can read the surface thoughts Sakurako has, she KNOWS that Sakurako is enough of a nerd to enjoy being in costume.

Silvertalon slightly raises and eye brow as a very slow devilish smile soon crossed that muzzle of hers. Her head tilted slightly at the whisper as she gingerly set down her cup of tea. "Really now... That is to tempting to pass up indeed." Her eyes carefully look over Sakurako taking in her full detail as she carefully started to mold her quantum everyone could sense it she wasn't hiding it. Soon a ten inch image of Sakurako stood before everyone on the table jumping up into the air with a yippy look cry.

The illusion stood still after the kitsunes focus came upon it looking up at the foxen lady. "Now.. Lets see what mischief I can cause..." Soon her claws stroked over area's upon the image as the illusionary fabric was ripped away until all that stood was a illusion of Sakurako in quite a lovely bikini top and bottom of course taking liberty to add a few curves to the illusion. "Well that wont due, your not at the beach..." She smirked slightly. As the two piece outfit morphed before everyone's eyes.

Soon the illusion of Sakurako stood there with a tiara band around the head and long flowing hair down to the shoulders. The blouse was a little reveling with a truffle golden choker around her neck. The skirt was short with a buckle in the center and the boots and gloves were indeed long and full tight to the body. Indeed it seams this fox was reading comic's recently she just gave a toothy grin quite enjoying herself. "Naw this one is too youthful... I dout you want to see the boys falling over with nose bleeds." She giggled a little as the image started morphing again.

This time the clothing turned into a long black robe, with a belt with a golden buckle. The hands were bear the feet were covered in black shoes of some sort. Upon the head a nice big sorceress hat now sat. The illusions face mask in a red cloth of some sort. A book was attached to the belt like and old tome and in her right hand a staff.

Click to reveal..
Final fantasy black wizard outfit

"Mmmm that might work... Conservative, dark and mysterious.... What do you think? Sakurako-san?

Sakurako raps her fingers on the table in a four beat cadence, slowly at first with a look of puzzlement at first. Then seeing the "Sailor Sakurako" the look turns to a sigh. After seeing the "Black Mage" her fingers move at a faster cadence.

"Really? Show more creativity. I was thinking more of this..."

Sakurako with a few strategic swipes of her fingers on her ViaPad shows a pretty well rendered full-body black catsuit, trenchcoat, gold plated and wide-rimmed glasses, and side-slung mage's staff on the back.

"I prefer urban fantasy style, thank you." She says, leaning back. "That is, if I decided to play the magician look... but I prefer to be more..." She hits a preset tab and the outfit on the screen switches to a plug-suit like white and blue design. "...futureproof."

"awww but those are all to stuffy.... You know you can go in something a bit more ol'school."

The image beings to change into a 3.5 inch floppy disk... With bit eyes and cartoonish arms and legs.

She giggles a little and then it turns into a piece of sushi and then taking her chop-stix picks it up and pops it into her mouth and eat's the illusion. "Delicious..." Thus erasing all evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Katya gave a smokey chuckle, watching Sakurako's and Silvertalon's antics. She waved her hand over her figure with fluid grace, her skirt-suit flowing smoothly into a stunning, glamorous, little black dress. "I've always preferred the glamorous, femme-fatale look myself, though the otaku and cosplay look might be interesting for a night."

At Ryusei's suggestion, Katya's smile widened. "Oh, I think we can have some fun elsewhere, maybe some dancing." On a pair of napkins, Katya scrawled a number and a name in an elegant hand then passed them over to Sakurako and Silvertalon. "But first - here. If you want to participate in the Charity Event, call this number, and Jim will see that you get all the proper paperwork and arrange how you want to participate."

Katya linked her arm with Ryusei's, her emerald green eyes glinting mischievously. "Now, since Silvertalon here has admitted to being cooped up in Japan for far too long, how about we all pay a visit to the new realm of the mythic, deific, and the inhuman... Ibiza? You might learn a few things of the wider world, Silvertalon." Katya giggled, flashing Sakurako a teasing dimple. "You might too, Sakurako."

"I'll pass, unfortunately. After the charity event a project I've been working on is coming to fruition. I've been making several tactical trades on the stock market purchasing control of several small firms in Japan and moving resources around to cover the expense. I've also incorporated recently and after the event I'll be pretty much running a new corporation.

I've been interested in developing search and rescue technology now for a time, and after this disaster it's put me in that gear. So... I'm gonna actually make a living instead of just pulling off of my trust fund or relying on my royalties."

She sits back, looking up at the ceiling. "Ibiza sounds nice but I will have to pass, sorry."

She mentally enters the phone number and stores it in her ViaPad's "roledex", then tosses the paper into a recycling bin.

"Will do, Katya... I'll be set by tonight."

Archived