TBoxer20

Hi everyone,

I figured that I might as well get my "first post" out of the way and make myself known a bit. Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed reading all the fan-contributed fiction on this site. Sherazahde's 1,001 Aberrant Nights was definitely worth the five stars. And Vixen's works have been entertaining as well - not to mention she's a very cool character concept.

Though I have to say, my hat's off to the collaborators for "On Wizard's Watch." Amazing job and a hell of a plot! It had me enthralled for hours just reading through it. And Wizard, I really like your style of writing. It's very smooth and flowing.

Oh, and Prodigy will forever be the standard that I hold all uber-villain type characters to when I make comparisons. He definitely sets the bar high for the mega-int crowd.

On a sad note, this next guy I'll sorely miss. I just want to say to his author/portrayer that Vile Bill rocked. It took me a while to get used to his character concept, but once I got over the whole barfing up black gunk thing, he became my favorite character around here. I loved his attitude and his last will and testament made me grin from ear to ear to see that he's still the same in death as he was in life. That's so kick-ass. smile

- - -

So anyway, even though I'm not new to the Storyteller system, I am new to Aberrant but I love what I've learned and read about it thus far. Unfortunately the only book I own is the main rule book (oh and a friend has the Teragen book that I will soon borrow), but I'm hoping to expand my collection ASAP. The influence to dive head first into Aberrant is in large part due to the quality material I've read here. You guys represent well. smile

I hope to add my own pieces of fiction to the boards one of these days because I can tell you right now, my brain is awhirl with PC/NPC character ideas and plot seeds. I'll most likely end up ST'ing for my TT group but if I'm lucky someone else'll do it and I'll get to play. I can't wait!

Damn dude. I'm blushing here.

As for expanding your collection, I must give warning to purchasing the Players Guide. I've been in two campaigns and both of those campaigns blew up (literally. I'm not kidding) once the Q6 barrier had been breached. A lot of the flavor in the book is excellent but the actual rules stuff is pretty shaky. A crappy gadget system, Mastery, a lousy weakness/strength system and the Level 4+ powers are game breakers right and left.

Good luck with STing or just playing. It's nice to see that people are still willing to give Aberrant a chance. While I've never been a fan of the system, or at least, how the system was implemented for Aberrant (I've never played any other WW game) I still say the MetaPlot is one of the best, most interesting and intriguing ones I've come across.

So welcome, create a character and hop in. We're just here to have fun.

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I've been able to get my hands on a few more books - Elites, Player's Guide, Teragen, etc. So now it's brainstorming time! I have a bunch of character and story ideas in mind but I have to really sit down and plot them out - looks like I've got my work cut out for me for the next few days. But at least this is the kind of work I love to do. *grin*

• 3 months later...

If you are familar with the WW d10 gaming system, it is just a short leap to the Aberrant system with Mega-Attributes.

With a Mega-Attribute your characters are able to perform the same stunts only you make them look easy (like in the Matrix, another reason I can't seem to stay away from this system, even if it has potholes in it).

Archived