Aberrant RPG - Quantum Construct

Zac

Hi

i'm bored so i'm thinking about some good character concepts.

what do you think about a character based on quantum construct? My ST doesn't allow buying quantum with freebies, so that would mean 15 NP for Q4 and 15 for Quantum Construct 3. So there is nothing left for other powers. How powerful could a construct designed to defend me/fight be? Would you recommend Mega-Manipulation?

QC rolls, what, (QC+Manpulation) +[Q]? (Book not here).

Q-Construct also requires Forcefield, and it's one of the "first dot give most of the power" powers.

So spend 20NP for Q5 and 5 for QC and 3 for FF. With two dots we max out Manipulation... and Stamina for the FF.

Rolling 6 dice, that's 2.4 succ, with Q that's 7.4 succ.

And I'm not sure what you can buy with 7.4 succ.

You don't get any automatic successes for your Q. It is a straight Manip/Mega-Manip + QC roll.

Quantum cost 6 NP per dot. If you buy your Quantum tainted, you can buy each level of Q for 3 NP, for a total of 9. If you want, you can also purchase some QC levels taintd at a cost of 3 each. With a taint of 5, you could get your Q up to 4 and your QC up to 3 and you will have only spent 20 NP. You could then allocate 6NP to get to Mega-Manip 2, and 3 more NP to get Mega-Stam 1. The extra NP can be used to raise the applicable attributes.

My ST also ruled that i get 2 NP for every point of taint. So that doesn't make a lot of difference at all.

Mega-Manipulation 3: 9 NP

Quantum 4: 15 NP

Quantum Construct 1: 5 NP

This would give me a short (5 turns) but powerful (2.6+2.7=5.33 dice avg) creature.

quantum 4 and quantum construct 3 would be a longer (7 turns) but weaker (3.2 avg) creature.

the question is, how powerful can a creature with 5-6 successes be? And did i get this correctly, that after one maintenance (5 or 7 rutns) i have to pay double cost and suffer +1 difficulty?

You could take 3 points of taint and get an extra 6 NP to get one dot of MManip, and one level of FF, while keeping a Quantum of 4 and QConstruct of 3. An extra dot of taint will give you two NP to increase attributes to increase the effectiveness of the powers.

A creature with one success is sheep sized, two is man sized, three up to twice human sized, 4 up to 4xhuman sized, and 5 successes, up to 8X human sized.

These are all choices of course and you can choose to make a man sized construct. Each success doubles the number of constructs. If you had three successes, you would use two for the human sized, and the extra success would double the number to two. Another success would give you 4, and so on.

Also, each success may, if you wish it to, instead of multiplying the number of constructs, give a construct 5 NP.

Each construct begins with one point of Quantum, and th quantum can be increase on a 1 NP to one Q cost. This allows you to buy powers for the constructs.

As for individual sizes of constructs and their specifics, I will abbreviate:

Number of successes:

one: sheep sized- Str and Stam=1; Dex 3; 4 HL(health Levels)

two man sized-all phys attribs=2, normal human HL

three 2 X man- Str and Stam 4;Dex 2; 8 HL

four 4 x man- M-Str 1/Str 4; Stam 4; Dex 2; +1 Soak; 10 "Hurt" HL

five 8 x man-M-Str 2/Str 4; Stam 4; Dex 2; +2 Soak; 12 "Hurt" HL

So with five successes, you could create the largest size(8x), 2 4 x size constructs, or a 4x size w/ 5 NP. Of course you could create one sheep sized construct with 20 NP should you wish. It all depends on what you plan to construct and how many successes you get.

You can go that way, but it's not the strongest. Spend a point and give the thing(s) q powers. You start with 5 nova points.

And you still need Forcefield, it's a prereq. That kills one dot of Mega-Manip, so you have 4 succ to play with. Also this is a maint power so it'll last longer than 5 rounds if you pay for it.

With 5 nova points you buy one dot of Mega-Strength (for 3N) and increase his dex to 4 (for 1) and his Stamina also to 4.

That's one succ for Q, and another for a "Sheep". Then you can spend the last two succ on 2x Creatures and get 4 "Sheep".

Quote:
Each construct begins with one point of Quantum, and th quantum can be increase on a 1 NP to one Q cost. This allows you to buy powers for the constructs.
What do you mean with this sentence?

we created our last characters with 35 NP, so i'm not sure whether to use 30 or 35.

The creatures start as Sheep. No powers. For one point you give them Q1 with a 22 q-pool and 5 nova points. You can spend more succ for +5 Nova points.

I would assume another point of Quantum would cost 5 or one succ. In theory you could drop 9 succ on it, give the creature a Q of 8, buy Q-Supreme, and order it to give you powers... although since Q-Supreme is a Manipulation power that might not be a good idea.

And I'm just guessing that no ST would allow this.

But for 6 succ you could have a Sheep with a Disin power... with a Dex of 3 and an Init of 3. Watch out for wild shots.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zac:
the question is, how powerful can a creature with 5-6 successes be? And did i get this correctly, that after one maintenance (5 or 7 rutns) i have to pay double cost and suffer +1 difficulty?
You can maintain a Maintenance power for as long as you have the juice to do so, which means as long as 1) your construct is still 'alive,' and 2) you have QP, you can keep it around. To summon a second one (for example, if the first one dies) runs you double the quantum and a +1 difficulty.

As for how powerful they can be, I wrote up some summons for a Final Fantasy Summoner Mage nova. I believe 5 was Ifrit (Burning Claws, M-Strength, human size) and 6 was Ramuh (MIRV Q-Bolt, human size). I don't have the stats for them with me at work, but I will remember to post exactly what the successes went to when I get home. Pretty much though, figure that two successes gives you a standard human - and each success over that gives you 5 nova points, so figure you'd be creating something with 15-20 NP.

Ok, here's what I have. These are just examples, I'd recommend writing up your own and having them approved by the ST.

5 success - IFRIT

3 suc -> size

2 suc -> 10 NP

Str 4 / Dex 2 / Sta 4

8 health

Brawl 5 / Athletic 1

Claws 3 (extra Burning)

+1 success ->

Claws 4 (extra Burning)

Str 5 / Dex 4

Bioluminescence 1

6 success - RAMUH

2 suc -> size

4 suc -> 20 NP

Str 2 / Dex 5 / Sta 2

6 health

Mega-Dex 1

Bioluminesence 1

Quantum Bolt 3 (lightning, lethal, extra MIRV)

+1 success ->

Quantum Bolt 4 (as above)

Those are good enough for 'extras' given that for 3qp, you essentially get another nova on the scene, who is immune to effects like illusions, mental powers, and social manipulation. But some of the real scary things are when you start getting up to maxing out the Mega-Manip and Q-Construct. Like Knights of the Round.

14 success - KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND

3 suc -> size

3 suc -> 8 constructs

8 suc -> 40 NP (5 NP per construct)

Str 4 / Dex 5 / Sta 4

8 health

Mega-Dex 1

Melee 5 / Athletic 1

Archived