Aberrant RPG - Aberrant:Underground

Vile Bill

Hey hey people! What's with the silence. We got a new book over at White Wolf and ain't no one chatting about it. So, what do you all think about it?

Hugo the Bouncer rules da school BABY!!!!!!

Camperelli-Zukhov is pretty interesting, as are the Nakato Gumi. The Medellin are okay, but the Heaven's Thunder Triad are a tad overdone for my tastes.

The tech rules and it's nice to have some more history of the canon universe.

Note: Apparently Pax is vunerable enough to mental attacks that Scarcrow could make him a personal beeyatch without overmuch trouble. Interesting clue as to his weaknesses.

So, what's you all's opinions?

I also liked what they did with Hugo. Doing the math, he earned exactly 150 exp in 10 years. That includes buying both M-Str & M-Stam tainted.

I liked not only the tech, but some of the common sense warnings about the tech (don't use eclipsol on Novas with Disintegration...).

A side note about the Triad: I'm pretty sure that was the organization set up by the Ubicuas(sp) Dragon in A!. It sounds like he finally died recently, but having a nova with clone run it for 80+ years goes a long way to explain why they are over the top.

I was a little suprised by Pax just shrugging off that fire attack. I'd hopped he was at least a little vulnerable to energy based attacks. Hopefully it at least passed the "puny human" point. It sounded like Pax has a force field and not just INV:Physical.

On the whole, this was a very good book. (And on a cost basis it was twice as good).

I really loved reading the story where mighty Caetus Pax was taken down by possesion. It really fit in with the game that I'm running where I made him be mentally protected, but not uber powerful in mental defences.

In the game that I ran the Pc not only possed Pax but made him take off his Eufiber and streak across the New York sky line....needless to say she gained Catues as an enemy after the whole event.

Quote:
Originally posted by Endeavor:
Sounds like good stuff. Too bat I don't have access to a compy that can access this file on WW's site. I wish they'd print that bad boy. I prefer actually HOLDING the book over reading it on a CRT screen.

Sorry baby, but it ain't gonna happen. And hell, if not enough people purchase the ebook we've seen the last, period, of Aberrant.

...Another dead line... courtesy of WW.

Hmmm. The last time I saw a massive case of blue balls from these guys, they COMPLETELY fragged up their "Street Fighter" line. Yeah, the layout and plots were LAME, but it was their FIRST attempt at a superhero-like RPG. There is support out here for Aberrant, but I guess it's not enough to warrant a hot-shot line through their WW mainline, or even Arthaus. I guess they care about us even less than the Changeling players.

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Endeavor ]

Yeah I was a big fan of changeling as well and it was only after my changeling game ended that I took up Aberrant and now that seems to not get much attention.

I'm very excited about the Underworld book and I hope everyone out there orders one to help support the game.

The more sucessful we are and the more we post at the WW forum and stir things up the more likely we will see some more stuff from them.

When it comes down to it they are in a buisness if there is demand there will be a supply.

Archived