Aberrant RPG - Q-Vampire Rules Question

My reading of the rules would make him a dead man when the duration of the power is up (one hour per dot unless you buy extended duration). Once the duration is over the rules suggest to me that the extra 'bruised' health levels should go, thus shifting any damage onto your permanent health track. Doesn't make it very clear though in the rules; but Sizemorph grow (also 2nd Level) seems a similar kinda thing so I'd read the rules the same way as that.

The Quantum Vampire question references the Quantum Leech power. QL is pretty clear that you get to use the stolen quantum points. IMO it there should be some way to "use" those health levels for QV too ... otherwise the life drain option has the potential to be a lot less nifty than the other versions of the power.

I am NOT 100% comfortable with the stolen levels "healing" existing damage. Surviving that damage until natural healing takes place yes, but outright healing it ... iffy. On the one hand Healing is level 4, but Regeneration is just an extra.

What about a middle ground where it takes two stolen health levels to "heal" one level of pre-existing damage? And in the case where one takes damage AFTER the QV how about half of it transferring over? This is house rule territory, but I like it better than the all or nothing approaches.

As for burning the stolen levels for quantum, no.

As a character concept you could link QV and some sort of taint induced feeding exclusivity, the extra health levels being burnt in place of quantum for the healing/eating. If the only way the character can heal/eat is via QV a one for one trade would seem fair. He,he,he my players are gonna hate me for this one.

As long as we are talking QV let me relate one of the nastiest ideas I ever saw for this power. I was helping a friend design an character. It was his first experience with any game by WW. He quickly decided on Telepathy with Channeling, Domination with Possession, & wanted QV too. After reading his first two powers he wanted QV to transfer targets willpower to his. I coudn't see any reason it wouldn't work by the letter of the rulebook. Willpower is a "trait" and QV is pretty explicit that any trait can be drained. I ended up talking him out of it, but just the idea gives me the shivers.

Archived