Look into my eyes, you will see who I am

my name is Lucifer, please take my hand

From “Nativity in Black”

--Ozzy Osbourne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Message Intercept; November 28, 2014<<<

To: Count Orzaiz

Raoul,

In my constant calculating, I have seen a new pattern emerge from the fractal folds of the timestream. A human is going to erupt, and more than usual it is crucial we get to them first. The probability curves flowing around the event are exhibiting some strange asymptotic behavior that I’ve never quite seen before.

Please, send a team of your best to intercept them before Utopia can. The event occurs exactly three days from now, somewhere in the pacific northwest of the United States. My apologies that I cannot be more specific…aside from the usual amount of variability present in my precognition; there is a great deal of quantum backlash surrounding the event. Metaphorically speaking it is comparable with looking directly into a spotlight. Make sure your team uses due caution.

Regards,

Pedro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

----CNN Breaking News----

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is a sad day for us in America and for novas the world over. One of Seattle’s suburban neighborhoods has been leveled by the appearance of a monstrous nova, apparently in the throes of a homicidal rage. The Aberrant went on a rampage, tearing through homes in blind fury. Fortunately the incident occurred in the middle of the day and most people were away from home. I am told the total number of dead at this time is fifteen. Eight children are left orphans and property damage is estimated to be in the range of 75 million. Surviving eye-witnesses have described the creature as physically unstable and said it continued to mutate before finally collapsing for no apparent reason. We go now live to the scene where I am told that we have a survivor willing to describe the aberrant nova. Tom…”

“Thank you Sandy. I am here with Mr. Jon Parish, a PG&E repairman on his service route at the time of the incident. Jon, can you tell us what happened?”

“Sure. Yeah, okay. I had been turning on the power for a new residence when I heard a loud crashing sound down the street. When I looked I saw this…this thing rising up down the street. It was screaming like it was in pain and it was…it was the most horrific sound I’ve ever heard. Its skin …you know…it kind of, well…bubbled like it was boiling and cooling at the same time and the thing just kept getting bigger. And then its eyes…they were shining this unholy green color so bright it burned spots into my vision. I must have been in shock for a moment cuz I felt paralyzed…you know, like in a nightmare when you are trying to run in terror but your body feels like it was made of lead. Anyway, I suddenly realized that it was moving in the other direction and that brought me back to my senses. I got in my truck and drove like hell. In the rearview I could catch glimpses of it, vomiting up these streams of green napalm all over everything. I’m telling you now, these things scare the shit outta me. Team Tomorrow can’t be everywhere.”

“Thank you, Jon. What happened next is unclear. Apparently after the creature collapsed, a noxious black fog exuded from the area, followed by a tremendous explosion that leveled a 12 block radius. The Directive is investigating the scene now and I am told a Utopian convoy is on its way. We’ll have more for you as it develops. Back to you Sandy.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\RUN PHONELOG 12.04.14.20:00:32

:::::Location…Blackburn

:::::Enter Suite #

:::::

:::::Encrypt? [Y/N]

\\y

\\BEGIN PLAYBACK…

Orzaiz: “Good Evening Lockdown. I was just enjoying the news…”

Lockdown: Bloody ‘ell…It wasn’t our fault Raoul! Honest!…we got there and the thing was just berserk. It kept mutating too…Bugger me if it’s not the worst god-damned eruption I’ve ever seen…worse than Giuseppe if you can believe that. So shit anyway, we warped just in time to see the bastard in its final throes of taint madness. Before I could even flex my node an’ put it to sleep, it just roared and then collapsed. Soot gave us cover while we brought it through and then Hiroshima and Nagasaki set off a small detonation to hide the evidence. Really Raoul…it was the best anyone could have done, ‘cept for, you know, Divis.”

Orzaiz: “Fair enough. Where are you now? I was expecting you here four hours ago…”

Lockdown: “Look mate…if you had seen it…we just don’t have the facilities at the ‘Burn to deal with this kind of Taint. Jaunt opened up a doorway to the Heartland and we left it with Zia…figured the Doc might be able to make some sense out of it.”

Orzaiz: “Well done. I’ll let you know if I need anything more.”

*Click*

\\End PHONELOG.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-25-06

URGENT::Encoded OpNet Audio Message::URGENT

To: Count Orzaiz

Count,

I hope you will forgive my interruption of your Yuletide festivities, but I thought you should be the first to know…the sleeper has awakened. No I’m not joking and I know what you are thinking…that such a thing has never happened. That it’s impossible. No one ever comes back from a QBS Induced Coma. You can then all the more appreciate my surprise when, upon

going to perform my latest round of tests on the subject, it opens its eyes and speaks to me. That’s right…not just awake, but lucid. It wanted to know what happened to its daughter...

That’s not all. When I directed one of my baseline orderlies to administer 200cc of Moxinoquantamine, the subject’s boiling skin boiled off onto my assistant…literally boiled off and into her in the sort of aberration sloughing that I have only seen Sin-Eater perform. Needless to say, she died in horrible agony only a moment later.Further tests confirmed that the dampening chamber we had been keeping him in was no longer strictly necessary, as upon awakening, the extreme levels of Environmental Taint Bleed had subsided completely.

You told me to contact you immediately if there was any change in the subject’s status. Well, I’d call this a pretty big change. I need you down here immediately, and bring Meena with you.

Altaz out.

Archived