[OpNet] I Hope You All Feel Better

Violette 'V' D'Aronique

Nice going. It seems you all have chased Jager out of here. Christ, all he was doing was asking some questions about heroism and why so many of us don't wanna engage in it.

I've said this before, Jager's right about being a symbol of hope. There's nothing like it. I've seen enough faces of gratitude and true hope in the people I've helped and that's what keeps people like us going. Just knowing that this person is going to live on because I didn't turn my back. This one life has another chance because I did something.

I made a real difference.

We don't have to be involved in massive political movements or be big movers and shakers. Just making the simple differences in single, ordinary lives, can be the most gratifying experience you'll ever have.

You'd think Jager was talking about fascism by the way you people treated him. But he wasn't. He was talking about something a lot purer than that.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: Violette 'V' D'Aronique ]

Whoa. Hold on there a second. I wouldn’t go saying things like “Nice going. It seemsyou all have chased Jager out of here”. The vast majority of us simply answered his questions. If he left it is most likely because he has other things to tend to or because he lack conviction. I don’t recall anybody telling/asking him to leave or trying to drive him out of here. He is a big boy and if a little bit of sarcasm affecrs him like this, then I feel sorry form him when he interacts with the world out there.

Lucinda “Caliber” McGuffy

“The worst thing a just person can do is nothing.”

Don't you dare try and play the innocent with me, Ms. McGuffy! Every post you put up was a cunningly designed insult, a verbal dagger created by your diseased machiavellian brain, for the sole purpose of insidiously worming it's way in and tearing a good man apart.

Oh sure, you tried to make it seem like you were just sniping at others but don't think you fooled Jager. He knew your sick twisted goal the moment you stepped foot on the forums and started your little pissing contest with Ashnod. Is that what happened? Did he discover the truth of your psychotic attempts and force your hand a little early? Some of us are capable of reading between the lines you insane sociopathic monster. Some of us can see your vendetta for what it really is. Jager only wanted to help you, but you just couldn't tolerate him knowing your weakness could you? So you spat in his face one last time before making him the most recent of your sacrificial victims to the inhuman desires and insatiable lusts driving you. Didn't you!

Well, I for one am no longer going to stand for your kind lurking on these forums trolling for victims. No more I say. The hunt begins now as all the right thinking nova band together to rid the world of your kind once and for all! Only once... you've... been purged...

Hehehhehe. :P

Sorry. I couldn't keep a straight face though lord knows I tried. laugh So what's up with the all the protestations of innocence and critiquing the other woman on the forums. Violette knows you didn't stab J-man in the back.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: Jack Chance ]

It's too bad you've figured me out. Now I have to do some "cleaning". Nothing personal Jack.

:laughs:

You're a real hoot Jack. You know that?

I just don't think I or any of us drove Jager off. Generalized statements and blame like "you all drove him off" doesn't sit well with me. You ought to know that about me by now. If he left because of some statements here, well, then he lacks conviction or has a very fragil ego.

Has anybody though that maybe he's busy with something else? And what evidence is there that he even left? He edited a few post. Oooo..

Lucinda "Caliber" McGuffy

"The worst thing a just person can do is nothing."

Don't mind V, she has a mild case of victim's syndrome. It seems that Utopia is such an embattled group of saints and angels that the only time she has to show up here is to remind us that we are all self centered, evil and base entities who perform no real good in this world. Utopia is the only source of light and we are all heathens for not following them lockstep into a better, brighter, shinier tommorow.

If mere words were capable of driving Jager away he would have left ages ago. No, he has weathered Nimrod, Hazzard, Avenger and a near score of other less memorable buffoons railing against him for his beliefs. He will return shortly, of this I am sure.

I hope he'll be back, he always seemed happy to know I was there even though he totaly disagrees on my views of everything.

Jager, whatever the reason, you have to come back. Even if it's just to get mom all wound up like like you are so good at.

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
Don't mind V, she has a mild case of victim's syndrome. It seems that Utopia is such an embattled group of saints and angels that the only time she has to show up here is to remind us that we are all self centered, evil and base entities who perform no real good in this world. Utopia is the only source of light and we are all heathens for not following them lockstep into a better, brighter, shinier tommorow.

Wow, Mr. Meehan, there's hope for you yet!
wink

I'm not that naive. I just get concerned when someone decides to pull all their posts off the boards. And I don't post that often because us Utopians tend to get attacked the moment the subject comes up. I find you all very interesting. Or entertaining. I just don't like everyone trying to convince me I'm doing the devil's work simply because there were a few rotten eggs in our ranks before.

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Violette 'V' D'Aronique ]

Strange. Perhaps it's a matter of taste, Prodigy. Violette has never given me any grief and I enjoy her intermittent presence far more than others now missing. When Violette says she believe something... well, I may think she's wrong but I know that she believes what she's saying and will act on that faith.

I like that in a person.

And sorry, Violette. You and I disagree on this spud completely. I cannot trust him and therefore place no faith in him. It is as he said; he is a bastard. Everything he has shown me is smoke and mirrors, which may make him the greatest spook in the universe, but gives me no reason to trust him. It was never his intentions I questioned anyway. It was his judgment.

Quote:
I just don't like everyone trying to convince me I'm doing the devil's work simply because there were a few rotten eggs in our ranks before.

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Violette 'V' D'Aronique ][/QB]

Violette, I apologize profusely for not having made myself clear in the past. I do not blame you, or even Utopia as a whole for the actions of any rogue agents within the larger group. Utopia's goals and philosophy should not be tainted by the mere presence of individuals who are obviously working towards disparate ends. I do not believe that you are doing the devil's work. I belieive you when you wholeheartedly state that you are working for a better world.

I just think that Utopia is doomed to failure. They will fail because they insist on maintaining a baseline grip on the reigns of power when it comes to administrative direction. They will fail because they refuse to recognize the very real degredation of baseline identity under the shining star of Novas.

So please, don't continue to believe that I despise you or your employer for the sins of the few.

It's not the first time Jager has vanished. I sincerely doubt he's truly vanished from the community. The deletion of his postings is a little concerning, but nothing he hasn't done before. I suspect he'll return when he's ready to.

Wow, V. Thanks, but I'm not gone. I just had to 'clean' some things up.

As someone warned us, things that get posted here can and do effect the world at outside. I was just taking care of some finished business, so to speak.

Smoke and Mirrors, Jack? I thought you understood that this was an open forum. If you wanted to have some straight talk, you should have dropped me a private line. Yes, I take some risks, but I'm not suicidal.

Besides, compared to you, I'm not half the "Super-Slueth" that you are.

Have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Wow, V. Thanks, but I'm not gone. I just had to 'clean' some things up.

As someone warned us, things that get posted here can and do effect the world at outside. I was just taking care of some finished business, so to speak.

Glad to see the yahoos didn't chase you off. I hope everything is going well for you.

That's it?

I would have hoped for a decent alien abduction story. Or at least an unlikely but mafia related family tragedy necessitating the journey to an ancient Tibetan temple smelling of yak dung, the architecture of which is conducive to enhancing mystical patterns of universal powers. I am disappointed. Your usual forum chatter is typically far more entertaining.

Now why ever would I drop you a personal message?

It's a very smooth offer with it's implication that you might even tell the truth but isn't it a little early in our relationship to make promises about what you will and won't do in my mouth? It's not as if you'd tell me anything you wouldn't admit publically, or miss the opportunity to spin the matter. Besides, I find that in a place such as this the truth is much easier to ascertain if only by it's absence. Glad to see the point about the density of info archived here sank in. Interesting that your reaction was to purge the posts. Not to worry though, I archived the info on my own terminals for just such an eventuality. I'll be more than happy to remind you of what you felt so certain of saying in the past. :P

I do thank you for the back handed super-sleuth compliment but would point out that I said 'spook' not 'sleuth'. And what I do is a tiny thing, barely noticable. People talk and I listen. Hardly worthy of the description 'sleuthing'.

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: Jack Chance ]

My, my, my....

Jack, has someone pissed in your cornflakes? Did I once take a contract away from you at some time? Have you always been so bitter, or is this just a character trait I bring out in you? If it wasn't for Peaceforge, I would think you were universally hostile.

Well, there is no fee for this board and the postings are free, so keep doing whatever turns you on. Also, in this case, my words were exactly what I wanted to say, wether you chose to hear them or not, and if you think you've archived everything I've posted...well, whatever makes you happy.

For the others that expressed concern at my absence, I thank you. It's good to know that there are so many people who would give a damn if I actually went missing.

Quote:
Jager mused:
Jack, has someone pissed in your cornflakes?

Actually, I was a cold pizza kind of guy when I still ate. :P

For the rest of it; do you remember when I did a quick summary of Avenger in the process of asking you a question? You felt the need to stand up for him and I explained why it wasn't judgmental, at least on my part, to say that about him? Same thing here.

Why the concern? You told me what kind of person you were and I'm treating you as the kind of person you claim to be. If your actions were at odds with your self assessment it would be different but so far they haven't been. And incidentally? I find myself thinking of that same phrase I mentioned to you once before. That one that has the words hoist and petard in it.

Unless you're actually Richard Nixon in disguise this should come as no surprise to you. And if you are former President Richard M. Nixon then I wanna know why you didn't cap Erlichmann when you had the opportunity.

So we don't clutter up the combat thread I'll answer your question here. I didn't say which catagory I fell into for the same reason I don't claim to be a hero or antihero; it's not a valid self assessment. The line between self assessment and self delusion is pretty thin to begin with.

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: Jack Chance ]

Hell ya, I take it personally Mr. Nixon! You had the perfect opportunity to cap that little whiney bitch and fumbled the ball. What the hell were you thinking? Thousands were dying in Nam everyday to prove a point to the Chinese, a vital lesson for us even today, and yet you let him live and bring down the house. Can you imagine the number of people that would have lined up to do the deed? Knowing it meant keeping Gerald away from the shiny red button?

I still think you could have come up with a more entertaining story for your absence though.

:rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Why go on living?

Hookers. Easy Waitresses. The ability to snort a fistful of coke and keep standing. Eating nothing but steak and pop rocks for a week straight and still having six pac abs. Being able to punch someones brain out the back of their head. Having baselines scream like little bitches when you grin at them the right way. Oh, yah, money. Lots and lots of fucking money.