Aberrant RPG - Matter Creation Question?

El'Jinn Uu

My ST has recently decided to stop the game I was in due to my character being too boaring (I perfered to just create giant lawn sculptures instead of the fun stuff). I agreed that I took the game too serious and wanted to create a bit more of a power player (My first Munchkin ever), and given the utter lack of time with which I can play, he perfered it that way. Unfortunately was kinda stuck on Matter Control powers so I picked "Matter Creation" as my Only real power and then Hyped up my Wits and gave myself Mega-Wits. He still wanted to see me min/max-munchkin my character (since this is likely to be the Only game I ever get to play again) so That is why i picked MC.

NOW TO THE QUESTION:

With this power I can create Gases and I got to wondering what would happen if I ever ended up at the bottom of the ocean (or outter space) and created air. If I or others breathed it in, what Horrid effect would you say should befall I or them when the time finally ran out.

•Normally when the duration ends for created 'Stuff', it dissipates. By this standard, anyone who breathed in said air would die fast at that point as the metabolized Oxygen would disappear.

•Optionally one Could give everyone who'd consumed the air the chance to roll something like willpower so as Not to suffer a horrid fate.

Anyways, how do you play it out?

IMO, the character would suffer an immediate Asphyxiation attack (Teragen book technique for one of the suite powers, IIRC), possibly with a Resistance roll to mitigate the damage or extend the amount of time before they pass out and/or die.

You could also, possibly, rule that once the matter has been chemically or biologically altered (i.e. metabolized/digested (food, water, air specifically)), that it's no longer subject to that rule...

... of course that could open other cans of worms for you to deal with.

Thank you both, I will tell the ST to use BOTH ideas!

•A successful Willpower roll means that the matter was metabolized and the subjects aura + successful WP solidified it into reality (as per Stargaizer).

•A failed WP roll mean that "the character would suffer an immediate Asphyxiation attack (Teragen book technique for one of the suite powers, IIRC), possibly with a Resistance roll to mitigate the damage or extend the amount of time before they pass out and/or die!" (as per BlueNinja).

•Difficulty of the WP roll will therefore be +10 and will reduce by One for every 20 minutes <About the Average time of a Scene according to Exalted rules> of time the subject has to metabolize the air, to a minimum of Base-0. Waters difficulty reduces by one per 30min of metabolization, and Food see the reduction after every 60Min in the body.

Those with hyper fast or useful digestion (As per Body Modification: Efficient Digestion, from the Aberrant Powers Compendium) see these times reduced by half.

Thank you Both for you quick responses.

Archived