Aberrant RPG - The future of the Aeon Universe

Matt

The stunned silence thread prompted me to ask these questions.

Now, it's fun to say what if, but I would rather spend the time thinking about something that could actually happen, and that means talking about what we can do to keep the game thriving, even though there will be no new releases. So let's discuss what the fans want to see in the future. Do people really care all that much that the game won't have any more releases? If so, please say what you think the game needs. How long do you think you will continue to play the game?

As this site is based around a game which bit the dust a while ago, what should we do to keep the place interesteing? Basically I am just trying to get people to add some ideas that can hopefully benefit the community.

Well, if we like the feel of the game, could make a new world with new plots, keep some of the ideas,and the plote lines, but maybe have it so that the future is nto set in stone. such as it in the aeon world, what I am saying is that it would be nice to make a spin off.

After all, we coudl could make a world where, PU is really a pure place, or maybe even more a sham than they are...THis way, the polayers,and vistiorss, can always see new things....maybe that abbie war started as around a few years before the war, psaids just started to pop out of the wood works, like in the frist year over say 10,00 of them poped up. Well, i could go on giving ides, but the best one I have is to makee a new world... this way if any of the members in this site gets rich, we could make a real game out of a game we love.After WW started from Anne Rice...

I would Love to see more Enhancements for each attribute. My players and I have made some up mostly for fun, but there is, I'm sure, some useful ones we can think of.

Wasn't a Core book all about enhancements in the works in some form ?

There were going to be three books on Mega-Atts in General, Brute Force for M-Physical, Brainwaves for M-Mental (And, supposedly, other Manipulative Quantum Powers), and Cult of Personality for M-Socials. Each of these were to have (depending on who you heard) between 5 and 10 new Ennhancements for Each Mega-Att.

Although, that wasn't really what I was so concerned about. Cult of Personality, being the Big M-Social Book, would have had a large deal on how to realistically play a Mega-Social character. While it's easy to see how to play M-Physicals, and there are Media examples of how Mega-Mentals might work, there aren't very many examples in Media or Literature on how a Mega-Social character could conceivably work. Having faith in WW, I was hoping that they'd provide a few examples of how to play Mega-Socials, in a way that didn't turn them into One-Dimensional "Love me!" powers.

Hmmm.

Plot wise, I've always thought WW was trying to make WoD in tights. Although there are SEVERAL things though in the Aberrant part of the Aeoniverse line that intrigue me. I like the game, and I can deal with the system. But I feel that with the story being cut off at a certain point means that the Storyteller is left to fill in the blanks. But that's a good thing, since then we don't have to hedge our bets against the house. I feel that since WW will no longer support the Aeoniverse, dosen't mean the world is dead. Instead this just leaves us to run wild. Just swipe up the books before they're gone! wink

It is a shame that WW ain't gonna be continuing the line, that makes it pretty hard to bring new blood into the game coz' eventually no-one is gonna be able to get hold of the rule book(s).

But I'm sure that websites like this are gonna keep on going for some time, and you can get loads of very cool ideas from sites like this.

What everyone needs to do is keep on contributing to sites like this, doesn't have to be articles either. The IC debates, Q & A's, character concepts, stories et al, all help keep it alive, much better than articles and rule books.

So my advice/opinion is, keep logging on to sites like this, keep throwing out the ideas and keep on borrowing the ideas here for use in your own TT game.

Archived