War. War never changes.

BlueNinja

Hey folks, I'm just curious about something here. I'm trying to drum up about three to five interested players on the carrier I'm on, so that when we pull out to sea in about two weeks, I can run a Fallout campaign (using a fan-made adaptation of the CRPG rules to pen and paper). But hardly anyone I talk to has even heard of the games.

So I'm curious whether the folks on here are not big fans of the world after nuclear war. I know some people (like Sky) are big Rifts fans, though that was an entirely different apocalypse.

I played Fallout 2 to completion twice it was so funny - I loved the little random bits of fan nonsense, like meeting the knights & the bridge keeper from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail &, my all time favourite bit, going through the Star Trek 'guardian of forever' portal to set in motion the events which caused Fallout 1...

The Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel thing on the X-Box, however, sucked due to a naff control system (& the inability to see your opponents in combat).

I played Fallout 2 to completion twice it was so funny - I loved the little random bits of fan nonsense, like meeting the knights & the bridge keeper from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail &, my all time favourite bit, going through the Star Trek 'guardian of forever' portal to set in motion the events which caused Fallout 1...

The Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel thing on the X-Box, however, sucked due to a naff control system (& the inability to see your opponents in combat).

Yeah, and the dead whale and flowers in the desert (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Darn it, I wanna play 'em again now...

I was looking forward to Fallout3 too, zeke, but then Interplay went and laid off everyone who was part of Black Isle Studios. I'm not planning to start up my campaign as a forum game ... probably ... but I'll let you know if I change my mind. ::ultracool

Though I do have planned, as a special random encounter, a meeting with Chris Avellone, Feargus Urquhart, and J. E. Sawyer. ::happy

Would anyone here like to see my revised list of Perks? When I went to rebuild some of my notes, lost a few hard drive crashes ago, I completely rewrote the list of Perks. I dumped all of the Perks that just gave a bonus to a skill to replace them with a generic "Skill++" Perk (that can be taken for any skill, but only once for each) and added in a bunch of other perks - some of them based on Aberrant enhancements or Adventure! Knacks.

Archived