How to play the 3 games ?

Jonsi

Hi, everybody.

I'm an Adventure & Aberrant storyteller and I wonder how you guys deal with the games of the continuum.

Do you play all the 3, or do you have a main chronicle in one of them and some minor stories in the others ?

Personally, I master Aberrant with flash backs in the 30's and Adventure. The nowadays main plot is sometimes interrupted by episodes in the past when the characters find an old travel journal of Aeon's society. Then the players switch to their Adventure characters.

I'm an Adventure & Aberrant storyteller and I wonder how you guys deal with the games of the continuum.

Do you play all the 3, or do you have a main chronicle in one of them and some minor stories in the others ?

Personally, I master Aberrant with flash backs in the 30's and Adventure. The nowadays main plot is sometimes interrupted by episodes in the past when the characters find an old travel journal of Aeon's society. Then the players switch to their Adventure characters.

As a storyteller, I'm running both Aberrant and Adventure games currently, and will be running a Trinity game. There will be continuity between the three games, that the few players in all three games will notice OOC things tying all three timelines together.

As a player, in the Aberrant game I'm currently in, our ST has had a few flashbacks to the Adventure era. Then again, it's a very non-canonical game, since Divis Mal is actually Longinus, and two of the PCs were actually alive and novas in the Adventure era.

• 4 months later...

( its not really thread necromancy if its still on the first page :-p )

In the game I'm playing in, all three time periods are sort-of integrated in game. I say "sort of," because the home time period is a nonstandard one, and the timeline has been heavily modified.

In a nutshell, our home time period is roughly a thousand years before the birth of Christ, in the pre-classical period. This is GM created material. The reason we even know the other eras exist: time travel.

The Adventure era is still present, and probably most of the events ( we haven't visited, we've only met some people who are from that time ). However, there was more extensive activity before Hammersmith, the era had true novas, and it basically extended to 1970 ( the pulp slowly shifting to more of a pulp-superhero vein ).

The Aberrant era is still present, mostly as standard ( with some jiggering of the exact dates, perhaps ). The contradiction with the changes to the Adventure era timeline, are basically the plot element in that time period. In a nutshell, the world basically got 'rewritten' into being 'mundane' by some of the campaign megavillains dating to that period, though the details of how and why are currently unknown.

The Trinity era, to the best of our knowledge, is mostly as standard, though the details of how it got to that point given divergent events are unknown. The big change we know of, is that some time into that era, an attack by aberrants on the British Isles woke the Summer King ( think King Arthur as Q6-7 nova ) from his slumber, from which he proceeded to kick said tentacle monster's ass and save a whole bunch of Legionaires in the process. So, figure the effects on the setting of having an exceedingly powerful, strongly good aligned, extremely charismatic, and so obviously *not* tainted and insane nova pop up and start defending Earth. The Doyen are probably busy having a coronary.

( that last one is my personal favorite, as our PCs are responsible for it via some changes we made back in our own era :) )

Archived