Trinity Universe: Black or White

madcat82

In his office Gregory Bierd, AEon Team Coordinator, put down the lost of the Jerico Blackgates case file. His secretary found it uterly amusing that he used paper, although it where much easier to simply bring it out onto a holographic screen, but Bierd liked routine, he simply prefered the old fashion way.

He quietly turned his chair and looked out the window onto a nearby park while he thought about the recent events sourounding the dark psion and his link to Greyscale Technologies Inc. It where pure happenstance that a Phonetap had been in place and picked up Blackgates name. No, something where wrong with this and Gregory could not for the life of him put his finger on what it where. He dismissed those thoughts as his computer bliped and his secretary spoke.

"Your guests are here now Mr Bierd."

"Let them in dear."

He had just enough time to turn around befor the door swung open.

As Mr. Bierd turned in his chair, his door opened to reveal perhaps the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life. Her dark skin belied a possible Middle Eastern background; her long black hair providing more proof. It was pulled back loosely into a ponytail that rested comfortably on her beatifully smooth bare shoulders. A diamond pendant hung low around her neck, drawing the eye to the ample cleavage displayed by her off the shoulder blouse. It was an extremely form fitting burgundy top that left nothing of her seemingly perfect figure to speculation. The ensemble was completed by a long black skirt and long black leather boots terminating just below her knee.

She gracefully walked up to the desk and offered her hand, “Good morning Mr. Bierd. I’m Saadet, you’re token neutral.” Her smile lingered for just a moment as she set her attache case on the floor and took a seat; revealing the exceptionally high slits on each side of her skirt that allowed him to catch a glimpse of her thigh-high black lace stockings.

• 3 weeks later...

Entering behind the exotic woman comes a man as large as she herself is beautiful. His glance rises quickly from Saadet's rear end (which it probably just passed over by accident ::wink ::wub ) in time to flash a friendly, confident smile around the room. He is not unattractive, but seems heavy somehow. Lines running from each corner of his mouth to the sides of his nose, along his high cheekbones, tell a story that doesn't entirely check out with the one told by his almost-grin.

"Hi everyone. I'm Randall Shardik, and you're not." ::wink

When the man speaks, his voice is not the deep bass-baritone his frame and stature would suggest, but rather a rich and unpretentious tenor.

Bierd where momentarily struck back as he saw the beautifull female enter his office, but just as quickly his composture returned. He quielty motioned his visitors to the chairs in front on his desk after a quick handshake.

As you should know, Jerico Blackgate, a former member of the quantakinetic order and the one responsible for the Chen Lao massacre on Mars two years ago have been spote. Now, your mission objectives is threefold.

Bierd raises a finger.

One, to identify Jerico Blackgate and confirm his identity, for this you will need a DNA sample from him, Secondly and at this, Bierd raises a second finger to gather why Greyscale Technologies helps and protects him and finaly Third finger to arrest him

Gregory brushes off a little non-existing dust on his shoulder, fixes his tie and looks at his subordinates closely.

Now, rather than having me sitting here telling you what you might or might not listen to I do hope to save some time by having you asking me what you want further information about

Randall considers the flat statement seriously.

"All right. I assume you've secured the cooperation of the authorities who'd normally be involved? Or rather, they've secured our cooperation, I should say." ::wink

He smirks slightly at the idea of local authorities being anything more than a pawn in situations involving the Trinity.

"Also, how much help can we expect from the fuzz with this? I don't have a problem working without a safety net, but when we get to the apprehension stage, it won't be pretty if it's just me and this doll against a ranking dark psion."

The large man gives a warm, half-apologetic look to Saadet as he says this.

• 2 weeks later...

Bierd folds his hands befor him and looks at the large fellow befor him.

"You cannot expect any assistance at all from the authorities since this is Luna and Greyscales compound is outside of any juridiction, however we have manage to secure the cooperation of... let us just call them free traders for now. They will be able to get you on and of Luna without any truble."

Gregorys eyes then turn quizzingly.

"Fuzz? and pleas dont refer to Miss Saadet as doll, she is after all your superior"

"Also, how much help can we expect from the fuzz with this? I don't have a problem working without a safety net, but when we get to the apprehension stage, it won't be pretty if it's just me and this doll against a ranking dark psion."

The large man gives a warm, half-apologetic look to Saadet as he says this.

Saadet simply raises her eybrow and smirks at the louts use of the sexist epithet.

Reaching down to pull a notepad from her attache case, Randall is graced with an ample view of Saadet's near-perfect bosom; the hint of a black lace bra adding to the effect.

Saadet places the standard yellow legal pad on the table and pulls out her pen, "Okay, first, we need all of your files on this Blackgate. What does he look like, his psionic capabilities, how old is he, et cetera. Second, what are his weaknesses? Does he have any loved ones; family, friends, lovers, addictions, whatever. Third, what do you know about Greyscale, and I'm mean more than is on the vids? There must be some reason they're willing to harbor a Quantakinetic, maybe we can get an idea with some research. Since we're not working with the local authorities, what will be our cover? Are we going in openly as Aeon agents, or is this un undercover job? Finally, where is the rest of our team. Please tell me it's not just us two..."

Saadet simply raises her eybrow and smirks at the louts use of the sexist epithet.

Unsure about the intent behind the suggestive look (and almost certainly interpreting it wrong), Randall just smiles coolly in return.

"Fuzz? and pleas dont refer to Miss Saadet as doll, she is after all your superior"

Randall cocks his head at his new employer.

"Okay. Can I call you that then, or is it just a general no-no?"

Saadet places the standard yellow legal pad on the table and pulls out her pen, "Okay, first, we need all of your files on this Blackgate. What does he look like, his psionic capabilities, how old is he, et cetera. Second, what are his weaknesses? Does he have any loved ones; family, friends, lovers, addictions, whatever. Third, what do you know about Greyscale, and I'm mean more than is on the vids? There must be some reason they're willing to harbor a Quantakinetic, maybe we can get an idea with some research. Since we're not working with the local authorities, what will be our cover? Are we going in openly as Aeon agents, or is this un undercover job? Finally, where is the rest of our team. Please tell me it's not just us two..."

The tall man shrugs again, sits back, and waits for the answers.

• 4 weeks later...

Bierd looks at the yellow pad, then up at Saadet. He seem to be pleased.

"Blackgates files are out of date by almost seven years, You see he worked mainly with the fallen orders internal security and where therefor hard to both pinpoin and keep track off. Add to that a high degree of paranoia, derived from his childhood, and you have Jerico Blackgate. We dont even know why he commited that bloody affair on Chen Lao."

"As to his weaknesses, he where an only child, abused by his parents. This have lead to a clinical case of emotional trauma, or to put it in simpler terms, no friends, no family he cares about and no longterm relationships. He have been an outsider of outsiders his whole life and the only thing that have kept him alive is his paranoia, something that hardly where weakend in the aftermatch of the eradication of his order."

"Greyscales interest in Jerico is at this point unknown, we do however have larger knowledge of them than they belive we do. About four years ago they silently started buying small biotech reaserch and development companys, often those involved with the creation of very specialized scientific applications and analysis tools. We have as of yet been unable to find a joint application for them, but they have not bought them of financial reasons. In fact, if they dont start selling soon they will go into bankrupcy"

"Your approach to this mission is up to you to decide, but as stated befor Mr Blackgate is paranoid and for an Aeon agent to show up at his doorstep you have to have a good solid reason for your visit, or else he will leave on the next shuttle out of there. At least another agent will meet you, on luna."

"Okay. Can I call you that then, or is it just a general no-no?"

An amused smile plays on Biers mouth.

"Your interpersonal skills must be a great asset in your line of work Mr Randall. General no-no."

During Bierd’s briefing, Randall casts a sidelong glance at Saadett to make sure she’s writing all this down.

"Your interpersonal skills must be a great asset in your line of work, Mr. Randall. General no-no."

Randall’s grin flickers, then vanishes from his face like a magician’s scarf, revealing a businesslike demeanor underneath, a juxtaposition so counterintuitive that it carries its own surprising humor.

"Thanks. So do we have any actual leads on this, apart from a tacit connection to Greyscales and the Mars thing?"

Archived