Spooky old SF website

Heritage

I just used the childhood phrase 'olly olly oxenfree' in the CC thread, and I wanted to make sure I spelled it right (for our non-native English speakers, it's what you say to make hiding people come out of their hiding places). Of course, I did a Google search and happily found out that I had spelled it right and that it came from 'All the, all the oxen [are] free'. Found the definition at a very cool English word origin website, by the way.

Anywho, I also found this old Space: Above and Beyond website that apperently hasn't been updated since 2000! For some reason, these 'ghost sites' give me the willies, but I also remember thinking the show was halfway decent, and like most Fox Sci-Fi shows (Firefly, weep, sob) it was cancelled very quickly.

Just thought I'd share. ::smile

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost Sites. Yeah, I know that feeling... It's a conspiracy ::crazy . I have around 50 links that haven't been updated since I first visited- when I first got internet access about 3-4 years ago... My favourites menu is a virtual graveyard... maybe I ought to exhume some so others can take their place... maybe I ought to stop using... so much...

For some reason, these 'ghost sites' give me the willies, but I also remember thinking the show was halfway decent, and like most Fox Sci-Fi shows (Firefly, weep, sob) it was cancelled very quickly.

Yeah. Damn them for cancelling Firefly. ::angry It was actually one of the better Sci-Fi shows in a while. Dark and creepy. Sorta like Farscape, but without all the aliens. ::alien ::bigsmile

I downloaded a few episodes of firefly, since it looks like we're never getting it here, and was pleasantly suprised. Not the best sci fi around and the western add to the mix doesn't help, but has a huge amount of potential and has is funny enough to keep the non sci-fi people happy. I especially love the end of the first episode when the captain tells the guy to return the money to his boss, bloody brilliant!

• 9 months later...

Archived