Its the end of the world as we know it

needle

::blink What the heck is WW thinking? Lets see we need to **** off our audience alot so we'll just end the world in a huge crossover mess that will generate sales up the wazoo. Yes Am sick & tire of the stupid company playing with us.I've been happily playing along. ::angry This really sucks.If any of you don't know what am talking about than go over to the white wolf site I'll wait. White Wolf is going to end the world in a huge Earth Shaking event because sales are good? No, because it will generate a butt load of sales. ::hmmm So instead of actually writing a great story line no we are hand this crap because we couldn't think of anything good for Gencon. These fools will release another crap lot of games but god forbid that they put in the work to support existing game lines. Poor way to run a company what did they sign up for the same classes as Games Work Shops.

Actually I aplaud them for finally brining on the end of WOD, it's been a long time comming and it's time to finally bring on Gehenna and The Apocalypse once and for all. The games will still be played and no doubt they'll do a reprint of all the core books later as some sort of comemorative release. Remember the $6.66 sale that was supposed to end in feb or whenever, there had to be a reason for them continuing a sale. Some suspected a 4th edition comming up, others said "it's" finally comming. I just hope WOD's replacement will be as good as WOD once was and not such a tangle of bollucks it became. Besides Dark Ages WOD is still gonna be around, and it's heaps better than modern day WOD imho.

R.I.P. Dear WOD, we will miss you greatly! May your successor bring as much gamming joy as you did! ::closedeyes

Hear hear!

I've been waiting for this, actually. And, really, the only implications for the WoDers is that there'll be no more new stuff (apart from Victorian and Dark Ages) to buy. It doesn't really matter, because you don't have to include armageddon, you can just go on playing as normal with what you have.

And quite frankly, I can't wait to see what new stuff they've got up there sleeves for the new line. And if they stick to the storytelling system (and they'd better, but I know they do D20 stuff as well) then it'd be fantastic for slinging in WoD components.

And I am so buying the Time of Judgement line, simply to see what they've got in store!

"Death is Only the Beginning"

"Don't think of it as the end, just think of it as seeing the start of a new cycle. Something our ancestors only dreamed of!"

::blink There are alot of reasons to watch the current trend of the way that White Wolf is doing this End of the World. Is WW ::wink going to go for the limited six book formula where a game has a beginning & end. I hope so. Yes I was jumping the gun but we got promised this crap when Time of Thin Blood came out. We all grabbed our Book of Nod thinking that world shaking events were beginning! Instead we got Hunter. Hunter is Hunter. You get the idea. What Iam saying is I wish they would wrap up the main Titles finally; then the EArth SHaking Events. It always reminds me of those lameo Summer crossover stories DC or Marvel did between 91 to 00. The whole every hero in every one elses pond thing. Are these lines losing money & White Wolf wants a clean slate? Does anyone care at this point? Seriously I've been going back to get the titles am missing but thats just me. Are we going to see Vampire the Aftermath? ::shocked My God. Ha Ha or is the new D20 Gamma World the new WOD ::devil

Ummm... Gamma World isn't that new (Isn't that the one for the Alternity[Now out of print] base on fallout?)...

It always reminds me of those lameo Summer crossover stories DC or Marvel did between 91 to 00. The whole every hero in every one elses pond thing.

You mean Marvel Vs. DC? I've got that. Thy weren't losing money though. It just sounded like a good idea at the time (Of course, it was poorly done. They could've done way better. I actually bought the amalgamations comics [oh the shame... ::ninja ] to see what they'd be like. They were Really bad. Really bad.)

But like WW said in the press release, this is something they'd been leading up for six years, bringing it closer every year (Which is exactly what they were meaning to do), with Demon: The Fallen being part of the sixth and final sign. The Thinning of the blood was the first sign (I think).

::hehe There have been the overwhelming moments of shame in buying comicbooks but over all after taking a sedative & talking to the nice doctor. Its going to be alright. Unless they do the World of Darkness HeroClix figures with Kung Fu Biting action or the New D20 Version WereFuzzy the Alien Breeding with limited Edition Fluffy figure ::tongue.

What will the world looklike with the promised end of Demon ::devil Or No more Goths running around in pick your city BY Night. ::nervous Oh the humanity of the situation. God where is my fangs I've got a Larp to goto then get Drunk & Whine about how Dc Ruined their universe.

Am wondering how much the End is going to run me in terms of dollars. For a raging fanboy like myself. ::nervous

• 2 weeks later...
::blink Gamma World New umm try 1st edition of the game came out in 1978. the latest was a d20 release & now theres going to be a new one from WW. ::wacko

Actually, IIRC, the latest version was the Alternity version.

The new one, from Sword & Sorcery (and developed by Bruce Baugh) is going to use d20 Modern rules, but it's going to have an appendix for using d20 rules.

New Gamma World with New Zercon Formula in D20 or New Modern D20.Monday I should be seeing the first of the New Vampire books for the End of the world. I've checked some of the reviews on WW forums. From what I've seen it sounds good. No Demon game tonight ::dontgetit. Something about my girlfriend needing sleep after a long shift. Oh we'll more time to plot with ghosts & stuff. Heres a tip for those playing Demon. If the ST is fond of Wraith, having a Slayer in the Party is a good idea. The group am playing with has none so they are quite open to attacks from the otherside ::devil I've always loved the setting for Wraith but not the style of play. Its like Rifts one of those game I love to borrow from but not play. Reminds me of the whole Twilight 2000 games I used to play back in the days before the Wod. Vampires got converted over from whatever game system happened to be handy. Oh the nuclear fallout was thick. ::alien

Archived