Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero

ProfPotts

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
\"As for this 'young lady' of yours - just how did you come to the conclusion that I was involved in her disappearance, or that she's been kidnapped at all? Were there any witnesses to this 'crime'? Are you even sure a crime has been commited? Whose care was she under when she went missing? Maybe you should ask that person for some answers?..\" 

"Oh I don't know, you and that blood thirsty friend of yours Virus, turn up. Virus starts his murderous rampage while you attempt to recruit John over there. When all is done Natalia's nowhere to be found, and being the Granddaughter of the man Virus was sent to assasinate, her being kidnapped by you two just seems the logical conclusion. As for who's care she was under, you know verry well she was under mine". ::glare

"Interesting", responds PathFinder, "that you neglected to deny the charges against Masters." ::sly

"If you recall, Virus only attacked the baselines, until it itself was attacked. It's true that Masters was the target, but there are always sacrifices that have to be made in the name of justice - the losses were acceptable."

"Maybe the girl you so thoughtlessly misplaced ran away on her own? Or maybe she chose to accompany us, having sympathy for our cause & realising the truth of our superiority? We shouldn't, after all, tar her with the same brush as her grandfather just because they share genes - we are genetically related to baselines, but have become a wholely seperate & greater species."

Count Orzaiz chooses to step in at this point,

"Mr Henessie, PathFinder has told me what she knows of Masters' actions against our species. Obviously her evidence wouldn't stand up in any baseline court, since it was largely gathered via telepathy - still, I presume that you trust your own judgement on such things without the need for baseline guidance. She also tells me that you know full-well some of his misdeeds - the most notible being his supression of the Nova known as Nefertiti in favour of her baseline personality. Doesn't it seem cruel & unusual to you to force an evolved being, such as ourselves, to live as a simple baseline human? Furthermore, you also know that Masters has been attempting to impose similar limits upon your friend Glacier. Now the Nova Interface has begun designs for a device that will enable Masters to suppress the powers of any Nova he chooses; add to that the threat posed by Project: Damocles..."

"Which", interupts PathFinder, "your 'lord & master' hasn't even deigned to inform you about."

"... Well", concludes the Count, "it's all very worrying. As a fellow Nova I am concerned that you are being manipulated & used by this baseline - don't you see that? Wouldn't you rather be free to live your own life?"

\"... Well\", concludes the Count, \"it's all very worrying. As a fellow Nova I am concerned that you are being manipulated & used by this baseline - don't you see that? Wouldn't you rather be free to live your own life?\"

Nate leaves Eel and Glacier to their weird dancing and heads over to the table. Stopping next to Will and catching the last part of the conversation, he interrupts: "Who's manipulating who?" Looking from the count to Pathfinder to Will and back at the woman, he continues. "You're Pathfinder, right? I'm Blaze. Where's your little disease-spreading friend?"

He also nods at the count before he turns back to Will. "Did you get to the point yet, or are we still exchanging pleasantries?"

Count Orzaiz again stands, & offers his hand to the hovering Blaze,

"Blaze, my name is Count Raoul Orzaiz - I'm delighted to meet you. Please, join us."

He again waves over the waitress, Dix.

PathFinder also looks towards Blaze,

"Yes", she begins, "I'm PathFinder. Virus is elsewhere - I don't know where exactly. I'll be sure to give it your compliments when next I see it..." ::sly

Count Orzaiz again stands, & offers his hand to the hovering Blaze,

\"Blaze, my name is Count Raoul Orzaiz - I'm delighted to meet you. Please, join us.\"

- \"Pleased to meet you, count. I've heard a lot about you. Mostly lies and rumors, probably.\" Shaking hands with the count, Blaze sits down on a chair opposite him, between Will and Pathfinder.

\"Yes\", she begins, \"I'm PathFinder. Virus is elsewhere - I don't know where exactly. I'll be sure to give it your compliments when next I see it...\" ::sly

Absentmindedly ordering whatever Will's drinking, he replies "Don't bother.", then shuts up and lets Will get on with the talking.

\"Pleased to meet you, count. I've heard a lot about you. Mostly lies and rumors, probably.\"

The Count flashes a quick smile ::smile ,

"Yes... I get that a lot..."

PathFinder looks like she's about to say something to Blaze, then turns & glances around the other patrons of the club. She smiles, then looks at the Count, who looks interested & says to her,

"Really? I wonder why he doesn't want to join us?"

A man approaches the table from the bar area...he is dressed in baggy excerise clothing, with dark sunglasses and a down-tilted baseball cap hiding his features. As he gets closer, his clothing ripples, changing it's color and shape...into the uniform of The Stranger. The eufiber adapting itself to his form crawls up to his face, surrounding his entire head, save for an opening around his sunglasses. Removing the cap, he sets the glasses inside the cap and places them on the table. The only part of him that can be seen are dark brown eyes, glittering with the reflected lights of the dance floor.

Standing there, he appears at ease, hooking his thumbs into the thick, multi-pocketed belt at his waist. His voice resonates above the ambient noise as he politely asks, "May I sit?"

His voice resonates above the ambient noise as he politely asks, \"May I sit?\"

"Please do", replies the Count, again standing to offer his hand in welcome, "Stranger... or do you prefer Mr..."

... he trails off as he notices PathFinder shaking her head,

"Let's allow The Stranger to keep his secrets from his friends, shall we?", she adds. ::halo

Nodding his head respectfully as the Count rises, The Stranger clasps hands with Orzaiz, before taking a seat. As Pathfinder shakes her head, his gaze flicks from her to Orzaiz, then back to her as he speaks.

"Thank you for respecting my privacy. Count Orzaiz, Pathinder, a pleasure to meet you both. Please forgive my directness, but I'm a bit short on time. We are trying to find Mr. Masters granddaughter. By chance, do you or any of your associates have any idea where we should be looking? I do understand that this is a teenager we're looking for, and rebellious youth often finds itself deeper in trouble than bargained for."

PathFinder smiles at The Stranger's words, then turns to Will,

"See, that's how you ask politely." ::smile

As way of explanation she adds,

"Young Will's 'logical conclusion' was that Virus & I had kidnapped the girl - not exactly imaginative thinking..." ::rolleyes

Continuing she asks,

"So, gentlemen, how much do you actually know about Masters' granddaughter, & family in general?"

The Stranger shrugs. \"Next to nothing. Is there something we should know?\"

PathFinder looks at each man in turn for a few seconds, then replies,

"Would it suprise you to learn that Masters' granddaughter has a blocked potential for Novahood?"

She waits a few moments, then appears to come to a descision & explains further,

"I'm sensitive to certain ebbs & flows of Nova-related energies, & I noticed something unusual about the girl back at the house. After a brief discussion with her she agreed to accompany me & visit some Nova scientists I know, to look into exactly what was causing the unusual patterns I sensed. She's with them now."

Count Orzaiz looks interested at PathFinder's comments & leans forward,

"Which 'scientists' would these be?"

PathFinder glances at the Count & says dismissivly,

"You know, the Harvesters."

The Count's eyes widen for a moment, but his usual easy smile soon covers any shock on his part,

"Oh," he says, "I see..."

"What the hell do you mean, whatever they want to? You're pushing me too far Pathfinder! I wan't details, how do I get to them and most importantly how do I get her back?" ::angry as it apears he is about to blow his top, he reaches for his head and is hit by a dizzy spell ::dozingoff .

PathFinder clutches her own head, as if in pain, as Will has his 'dizzy spell'. The Count looks at the pair with a concerned expression on his face,

"What's wrong?", he asks, placing a hand on PathFinder's shoulder, but directing the question to either afflicted Nova.

Moments later the 'spell' seems to pass, & PathFinder stares at Will, even whiter than usual (the phrase, 'as if she'd seen a ghost' springs to mind...). ::blink

"Mal? What...? ::huh " Will is clearly confused, before he can say anything further he notices the look on Pathfinders face. "You saw it too?" ::mellow he seems alittle afraid. He turns to look into the eyes of the Count and holds the stare for a moment ::whatsthat . He returns his gaze to Pathfinder "Was it real?" ::huh2 he says calmly, in the most timid tone his friends have ever heard come from him.

Unsurprised by Will's outburst, The Stranger is however caught off-guard by Will grabbing his head and Pathfinder's reaction. Unmoving, he speaks calmly.

"Will, settle down. Losing your temper doesn't make the situation any better."

Turning his head, he addresses Pathfinder and Count Orzaiz. "I can see that this conversation is becoming stressful for everyone. If you would kindly provide us with the means to contact Natalia, and the location where she is staying, we will leave you in peace. I'm sure everything can be resolved amicably if we can just speak with the girl."

He returns his gaze to Pathfinder \"Was it real?\"...

PathFinder (for the moment seeming not to heed The Stranger's words at all) looks confused ::confused as she quietly replies,

\"It was a memory... but that's not possible...\", she looks at Orzaiz, then back at Will, a frown forming on her otherwise perfect features.

Turning his head, he addresses Pathfinder and Count Orzaiz. \"I can see that this conversation is becoming stressful for everyone. If you would kindly provide us with the means to contact Natalia, and the location where she is staying, we will leave you in peace. I'm sure everything can be resolved amicably if we can just speak with the girl.\"

When, after a few moments, it becomes apparant that PathFinder isn't about to answer The Stranger's words, Count Orzaiz breaks the silence with his deep, calm, voice,

"I'm as much in the dark about this whole incident as you are, really, but the Harvesters are a pretty secretive bunch on the whole. It's true that they have some of the evolved community's leading experts on Novas, eruption, & similar subjects, amongst their ranks - so what PathFinder has told us at least appears logical."

He spreads his hands in a peaceful gesture,

"Look, I'd like to help resolve this situation, but I'll need to hear your side of the story. Let's start with the basics - how are you each connected with Masters & his granddaughter... 'Natalia' was it?"

\"Look, I'd like to help resolve this situation, but I'll need to hear your side of the story. Let's start with the basics - how are you each connected with Masters & his granddaughter... 'Natalia' was it?\"

The Stranger leans back in his seat casually, and motions for the waitress. "A pitcher of water and some glasses, please."

After the waitress leaves, he answers the Count's question. "Will, Glacier, and Blaze are all employees of Masters Inc. They have been assigned to recover the girl, though I'm sure they may have other motivations for seeing her unharmed. As for me..." be pauses as the waitress returns with the full pitcher and glasses, waiting till she leaves again before continuing. "I have no real connection with Masters or his family."

Staying in the background for a while Blaze is looking suspiciously at Pathfinder, particularly when Will appears to be getting the mother of all headaches. He leans forward to him "Will? WTF happened, man? You ok?"

\"I'm as much in the dark about this whole incident as you are, really, but the Harvesters are a pretty secretive bunch on the whole. It's true that they have some of the evolved community's leading experts on Novas, eruption, & similar subjects, amongst their ranks - so what PathFinder has told us at least appears logical.\"

- \"Well, apart from how unbelievably stupid it is not to tell us, maybe.\" - He turns to Pathfinder - \"Come on... Even if you don't think our initial reaction was justified you had to know it was coming. You seem like a smart girl, after all. You haven't exactly given us any reason to believe you wouldn't kidnap her, you know...\"

Seeing that neither Will nor Pathfinder seem to be responding, he turns back to Orzaiz: \"OK. Actually, I didn't know it was possible to spot an MR-node before eruption, but I'm willing to show a little faith here. Just a little. You have to admit she hasn't deserved a lot more... Let us talk to her. Let us hear this from hear own mouth, preferably away from any telepaths that might be able to speak through her, and we'll take it from there.\"

\"Look, I'd like to help resolve this situation, but I'll need to hear your side of the story. Let's start with the basics - how are you each connected with Masters & his granddaughter... 'Natalia' was it?\"

Looking like he doesn't understand why on earth that's important, he still being cool about it, so he answers "Technically, I'm the only one that works for Masters. Will and Glacier are more like proteges or something." - he looks at Pathfinder, daring her to comment on his statement - "Natalia I don't really know, but I'm a helpful kind of guy, and after her" - nodding at Pathfinder again - "friend attacked us I'd say it's only natural to assume the worst, wouldn't you?"

"Now, since she's a telepath and I don't believe for a minute that she'll 'respect our privacy', cause I know I wouldn't ::wink, you don't really have to ask. You want us to show some faith, you do the same. Natlia is what? 16? Young enough to be seduced by a mysterious stranger telling her of possibly suppressed nova powers ::sly , especially if she wants to rebel against her over-protective grandfather. Look at it from this perspective and the whole thing looks like a newer version of the stranger offering candy to little kids. From your side, or at least Pathfinder's, it looks like she was rescued from her evil grandfather. Alll we need is to hear Natalia's own version of it."

PathFinder still seems a little dazed, muttering swear-words under her breathe in French. Suddenly she looks up, first at Will, then generally around the table,

"It could have been another telepath - a really good one to fool me. More likely he's," she points to Will, "just totally insane, & really thinks he witnessed those events."

She appears relieved, & smiles at the Count, commenting,

"Insanity being a common flaw in those Novas who don't study Teras."

It's then that Nate's last few words appear to filter through to PathFinder, & she turns to him with her usual calm smile,

"Whatever gave you the impression that I care what you think of me? All I care is that you, as Novas, do think - & don't just blindly follow orders or the rules of a society built by lesser beings."

Orzaiz interjects,

"True, PathFinder, as Novas we should strive to overcome the limitations of a society built by baselines. However, surely you of all people would agree that the first step in building a Nova society would need to be honesty & trust between members of the One Race? We can avoid many of the mistakes of baseline society just by cutting out the petty games of backstabbing, one-up-man-ship, & divided loyalties."

He turns to the group,

"That, gentlemen, is why I needed to know your connections with Masters & Natalia. As we sit here & discuss this, am I talking to fellow Novas, or representatives of Masters International? With my Nova peers, open-mined & free from baselines agendas, I can discuss many things that it would be inadvisable to discuss with those who have baseline-related political & social motivations. I presume you can all see the sense in that?"

\"That, gentlemen, is why I needed to know your connections with Masters & Natalia. As we sit here & discuss this, am I talking to fellow Novas, or representatives of Masters International? With my Nova peers, open-mined & free from baselines agendas, I can discuss many things that it would be inadvisable to discuss with those who have baseline-related political & social motivations. I presume you can all see the sense in that?\"

The Stranger chuckles. "Well put. I can assure you, Count Orzaiz, I'm only here to verify the girl's safety, and possibly, to bring her back to her grandfather. I understand that the Teragen do not subsribe to baseline law, but the fact is, the girl would be considered a minor and unable to legally live on her own. And nova or not, she is a teenager, impulsive as they come. She may change her mind tomorrow, and want to go home."

Orzaiz looks thoughtful,

"If she is a Nova - & I don't think we've established yet that she is - then she has a right to self-determination, naturally. However, that wouldn't preclude her right to enlightened guidance either."

He turns to his companion,

"PathFinder, what exactly did you sense about the girl?"

The psychic Nova shrugs,

"It's hard to explain to those without my senses. I couldn't sense a Node - they don't form until actual eruption. It was more like a vague sense of 'potential' that was somehow walled-off within her. My guess is something in her genes, but I'm no scientist - hence the visit to the Harvesters. If anyone can figure her out, Zia can."

She grins ::biggrin & adds,

"And I was due to pick Eel up for a trip here anyway, so it was no big deal." ::wink

Clearing his throat to gather attention, The Stranger speaks again.

"Would a visit to these 'Harvesters' be possible? It would be best if we could speak with Natalia directly. If that's not possible, perhaps they would be willing to let us meet with her at a neutral ground, or even just speak to her on the phone?"

The Count smiles ::smile ,

"I see no reason why that couldn't be arranged - with certain reasonable safety precautions, naturally."

"Such as," interjects PathFinder, "no taking GPS equipment along, Stranger." ::sly

"Quite so," continues Orzaiz, who then turns to Nate, "And you, Blaze? If you visited the Harvesters, would it be as a Nova or as an employee of Masters?"

\"Quite so,\" continues Orzaiz, who then turns to Nate, \"And you, Blaze? If you visisted the Harvesters, would it be as a Nova or as an employee of Masters?\"

- "You still haven't convinced me the two can't be combined. And I don't think you will. Look: I've got a job with Masters International, and I'm not about to betray that trust. But that only means that I'm the one of us you should be most interested in convincing..."

"Personally, I don't think either generalisation is better than the other. I'm myself. Not just a nova and not just an MI employee. You read what you want out of that answer, I just don't see any point in lying to you."

The Count shakes his head,

"I appreciate your honesty, Blaze. I hope you can appreciate why I must therefore decline to arrange for you to visit the Harvesters. Masters International is well known for it's ties with certain world governments & Project: Utopia, as well as having a scientific & economic agenda itself - not to mention the inevitable political agenda that is part & parcel of big business. The Harvesters are involved in work that is important for the future of the Nova race, work that would almost certainly suffer if it came to the attention of any of those groups that MI has an interest in."

He sighs,

"Hopefully, in the fullness of time, you'll learn to hold your own race above your employment interests. Of course, that's not a descision anyone can make for you, & not a lesson that can be forced upon you. I understand the desire to remain within the safe workings of a baseline society - the need for job security has been promoted as a goal to aspire to for generations, & those social chains are difficult to break."

"So," comments PathFinder, "you just stay happy as Masters' lacky, & leave evolution to those of us with the guts to face the future." ::sly

Orzaiz gives the woman an annoyed look ::angry ,

"That's not called for, PathFinder. Blaze isn't reacting any differently from the way any baseline would react, & he's not long erupted - it's understandable. We should offer him our help & support, if he chooses to one day seek it out, rather than our scorn. That kind of thinking just paves the way to dividing the One Race in the same way the baselines have been divided for their entire history."

Turning back to Nate he continues,

"I appologise. Like many of our siblings in Nova Vigilance PathFinder is quick to react aggresively to perceived failings by Novas."

He again glances at PathFinder, adding,

"She forgets that she too was once a baseline, like all of the present generation."

PathFinder returns the Count's look ::angry & counters,

"And Raoul here is too busy trying to be everyone's friend to seperate the chaff from the wheat, the weak from the strong."

Looking Blaze in the eye she asks,

"When Masters starts to use his weapons to murder Novas whose side will you be on?" ::sly

His eyes glowing more fiercely, Nathan is obviously irritated by both Orzaiz and Pathfinder. It's to her he turns when he answers. ::angry "That's a load of crap, and you know it. Nothing is that simple. No conflict is that black and white, and if you still haven't understood that, you certainly haven't evolved much from the rest of humanity. The lines of that conflict won't be drawn between nova and baseline, but between different ideologies. Frankly, I don't care much for yours..."

The Count smiles,

\"I see no reason why that couldn't be arranged - with certain reasonable safety precautions, naturally.\"

\"Such as,\" interjects PathFinder, \"no taking GPS equipment along, Stranger.\"

"No GPS? Fine by me. As to your other reasonable safety precautions...perhaps you would explain those in more detail."

Listening in interest to the rest of the converstion, The Stranger waits till Blaze is finished before speaking again.

"Count Orzaiz, I understand your reluctance to allow Blaze to visit the Harvesters. However, as Blaze himself has mentioned that Will and Glacier are not employees of Masters International, one of them should be allowed to go with me. I would prefer Will, but Glacier seems to be more in line with your ideals for being a Nova."

\"That's a load of crap, and you know it. Nothing is that simple. No conflict is that black and white, and if you still haven't understood that, you certainly haven't evolved much from the rest of humanity. The lines of that conflict won't be drawn between nova and baseline, but between different ideologies. Frankly, I don't care much for yours...\"

"Oh come on," retorts PathFinder, "you don't really believe that do you? Of course all conflicts are 'black & white' in the final analysis, if you're on the front lines. That's what it comes down to - you or the other guy. You can sit on the fence all you like until you're forced to choose a side, & then it's as simple as 'us or them', 'kill or be killed'. Who do you think Masters will be supporting - baselines or Novas? Ideologies are all well & good if you're sitting pretty & contemplating things from afar, but they fly out the window soon enough when the action starts."

Count Orzaiz again tries to interupt the argument by loudly answering The Stranger's questions,

"Well. 'Safety precautions', in this case, refers to the Harvester's privacy. You'll take no communications equipment, recording equipment, or similar devices. You won't be needing weapons, naturally - unless you're planning on starting some trouble?.." ::sly

"As for who gets to go or not, it's not really up to me - I can only contact the relevant people & make my recommendations. I see no problem with any of you going, provided you go with open minds."

Glancing towards where Glacier & Eel are enjoying themselves on the dance floor he adds,

"It looks like your friend may be interested in visiting with Eel anyway. Let's hope that Leviathon isn't the jealous type..." ::halo

Blaze sighs and looks a bit frustrated at how stupid these so called superiors are. ::rolleyes "I called you a smart girl earlier. I'm sorry. I take it back. Yes any 'either you're with us or against us' division is black and white. But that doesn't mean there are just novas on one side and just baselines on the others. What matters is what the individuals on either side believe."

Calming down a little he turns back to Orzaiz and adds: "Listen. I don't care about seeing anything of this Harvester place. I just want to talk to Natalia and make sure she's all right. Your interest in bringing us there, at least partially, is to get Masters off your back, right? If you look at this rationally, or telepathically, you'll know that I'm the one of us he and his security people trusts most. I'm not planning on playing industrial espionage. I just want to make sure Natalia is all right."

Blaze sighs and looks a bit frustrated at how stupid these so called superiors are.  \"I called you a smart girl earlier. I'm sorry. I take it back. Yes any 'either you're with us or against us' division is black and white. But that doesn't mean there are just novas on one side and just baselines on the others. What matters is what the individuals on either side believe.\"

PathFinder raises an eyebrow,

\"Really? I'm sure that's what it's like in the ideal little world within your head, but you can't ignore reality forever. Ultimately humans always divide along lines of familiarity - family rather than country, for example. Sure, there are exceptions, I'll grant you that, but in the end the vast majority end up defending their own 'back yard', their 'team', their 'people'. I presume the differences between baselines & Novas haven't escaped you? ::sarcasm They're rather distinct, after all. How long do you think it'll be before the baselines start to realise they've been left behind by evolution? You're ignoring human history if you think they'll fade out of the picture without a fight. When the time comes it won't be 'good guys' versus 'bad guys' (as you've so neatly categorised us in your mind ::sly ), it'll be baseline versus Nova. This isn't a question of ideology, it's a question of evolution.\"

\"Look around you - the baselines are already trying their damndest to subjegate us by trying to force us to conform to their laws & society. Just by using my powers I break multiple international & national laws. If you could do what I do, would you always stop by customs & immigration? Should & never read a mind for fear that I'm invading privacy? Look at yourself, Blaze, your a walking fire hazard - you shouldn't even be allowed in an occupied building, based on their laws! ::wink \"

\"What about governments? Take your average capatalist, Western, democracy - one man one vote, & all that. Where does that leave Novas? What chance do we have to pass laws & share in the government of baseline society if our representation isn't proportional to our abilities & contributions? Should a Nova with a genius for international politics, or economics, or sociology, just sit back & allow baselines to let the world go to Hell, just because he wasn't elected by the people who are so far below him on the evolutionary ladder that they can't hope to grasp the concepts he knows full well would improve the world? They are a burden to us Blaze. To really live as Novas we need to form a Nova society, not pander to a baseline one. To do that we'll need to defend ourselves against the inevitable baseline agression that will oppose us.\"

\"You call my arguments 'stupid', but it's you who is burying his head in the proverbial sand if you think dealings between Nova & baseline society will be divided along anything but the fundamental lines of difference that naturally exist between the two species.\"

She sits back, taking a sip of Amp Well, then casually adds an offhand comment to The Stranger,

\"By the way, Blaze here wants a word with you in private because he's worried that we know who you are & he doesn't.\"

Calming down a little he turns back to Orzaiz and adds: \"Listen. I don't care about seeing anything of this Harvester place. I just want to talk to Natalia and make sure she's all right. Your interest in bringing us there, at least partially, is to get Masters off your back, right? If you look at this rationally, or telepathically, you'll know that I'm the one of us he and his security people trusts most. I'm not planning on playing industrial espionage. I just want to make sure Natalia is all right.\"

Orzaiz was listening thoughtfully throughout PathFinder's speech, & now turns his attention to answering Nate,

"You appear to have misunderstood my position entirely, Blaze. The suggestion to visit the Harvesters was simply because I have no wish to interupt any research they feel is necessary with the girl. If they do finish with her, I'm sure they'll have no objections to transporting her back to her grandfather, you, or anywhere else she wants to go. I have no interest in getting Masters 'off our back', as you so amusingly put it - by highlighting the actions Masters has taken against our race I merely hoped to help open your eyes to the kind of man you've chosen to lend your abilities to. If Masters comes after me & mine - physically, financially, socially, or politically - I'm sure we can give as good as we get. After all, he's only, when all's said & done, another baseline. As such, I have absolutely no interest in convincing Masters, or his security, of anything. My only interest is in convincing you to look at the posibilities, & to break free of your voluntary servitude of a petty baseline agenda."

"It's clear you've not yet learnt to think beyond your baseline upbringing, & feel compelled to assign simplistic baseline reasoning to the motivations you perceive in others. I don't condem, or even pity, you for that. What I offer is my understanding that you're not yet ready to be a Nova - in the greater sense of the phrase - & my friendship & support when you are ready. It's an open invitation," he looks 'round the table, "to all of you. I simply wish the best for my Nova siblings - nothing more, nothing less." ::smile

Glancing over at Blaze, The Stranger responds just as casually. "Yes, I'm sure he would like a word with me. To be fair, it's perfectly understandable for him to be worried about my identity. If I'd had any choice in the matter, neither you nor Count Orzaiz would have any clue as to who I am. I don't appreciate you scanning my mind for such information, but there's hardly anything I could have done to stop you." Staring directly at Blaze, his voice hardens. "If you don't trust me, fine. I'm not exactly brimming over with trust right now, either. Let's just make sure the girl is fine, and I'll get out of your hair.

Politely waiting until the Count is finished, The Stranger nods his head respectfully.

"A very gracious offer, Count Orzaiz. One that I'm afraid I can't take you up on right now, but I thank you regardless. Now, at your convenience, could you please contact the Harvesters and arrange for a visit? You have my word that I will not bring any equipment that threatens the Harvester's privacy. As Pathfinder can tell you, my word is my bond."

\"... Now, at your convenience, could you please contact the Harvesters and arrange for a visit? You have my word that I will not bring any equipment that threatens the Harvester's privacy. As Pathfinder can tell you, my word is my bond.\"

Orzaiz smiles & stands ::smile ,

"You're quite correct, Stranger - I should be making a few calls. So, if you'd all excuse me?.."

At that he nods to the group, heads downstairs, & disappears out of sight.

Turning to the remaining Novas PathFinder stretches her arms above her head, accentuating her slender & incredibly attractive body, then relaxes & calls for another round of drinks,

"We'll just bill them to Masters, right?", she winks ::wink .

Taking another sip of Amp Well she inquires,

"So, guys, what do you want to do to pass the time?" ::halo

\"If you don't trust me, fine. I'm not exactly brimming over with trust right now, either. Let's just make sure the girl is fine, and I'll get out of your hair.

- \"Hey, relax... It's not that I don't trust you, I just don't know who you are. How do you tell one guy in disguise from another...? I'm not asking about your secret identity. I just wish there was some way you could prove you're the same Stranger I met earlier today. Unfortunately, there isn't...\"

\"We'll just bill them to Masters, right?\", she winks.

Deciding that there's no point in arguing with fanatics, he gives up trying to discuss ideology with Pathfinder. Trying to act casual and relaxed, his manner changes and he smiles at the group around the table. In a teasing tone he tries to break the ice: "AHA!!! So you admit he's useful for something! ::wink ::tongue " Continuing to answer her question, he says: "Well, I've never been here before... What's there to do that's different from any other nightclub?"

\"Well, I've never been here before... What's there to do that's different from any other nightclub?\"

PathFinder grins ::biggrin ,

"What? Apart from hang out with a bunch of Novas? Yeah, I guess it's not so special..." ::sly ::tongue ::wink

- \"Hey, relax... It's not that I don't trust you, I just don't know who you are. How do you tell one guy in disguise from another...? I'm not asking about your secret identity. I just wish there was some way you could prove you're the same Stranger I met earlier today. Unfortunately, there isn't...\"

Holding up his hands in a gesture of appeasement, The Stranger answers with a sigh.

\"You're right. Forgive me for my rudeness. As far as determining whether I'm the same person you met earlier, that I can actually prove. I'm sure Glacier left a scar or two with his claws earlier, would those be sufficient evidence?\"

[OOC: Prof, I'm assuming there are scars, even with rapid healing and medical attention, there should be some evidence of injury. Please correct me if I'm wrong.]

\"So, guys, what do you want to do to pass the time?\"

Grinning under his mask, he can't help but comment. "Well, Blaze and I could always arm wrestle. Or, as this is a nightclub, we could follow Glacier's example and have a dance or two. Pathfinder, would you join me for a dance?"

Archived