Aberrant RPG - Seizing the game

SJEllis

Hi all.

Having gradually grown accustomed to the thought that Abberrant and the Triniverse are not going anywhere in WW's hands (The disapearence of Kraig, the lack of support for Bruce and the solitary book for Adventure!), I now feel like doing something positive.

What I wanted from the Aeoniverse where I could take my Abberrants (as the best game), investigate the mysteries, hidden wonders and conspiracies of the past while advancing the characters through the Aberrant War and even into the Trinity era.

People have said that the Nexus book will do this. Well I dont believe them. I dont believe the Nexus book will be published in the next 3 years, if ever.

Instead what I propose is that we write our own Aberrant War, and get to the bottom of the Aeon conspiracy from 1920-98, the future of Trinity and the details of the Aberrant War. Who survived? Who died? how did relationships change?

By all means we should establish our ideas in the existing canon (so as to provide as seamless a 'patch' as possible) and extrapolate from there.

Any takers people?

SJE

I would love to help out, but how will we decide on what we want to be part of our "offical cannon". I'm sure we will have differnt ideas on what should be and how things have come about. I still think it's a great idea, but it could become difficult with so many differnt ideas coming at you at once.

• 5 months later...

Hey, you guys should hop on over to Europnet. I know they are working on this very project over there. Maybe you guys can collaberate with them. The more people working on it, the better it will become, right?

Hi all,

I'd like to apologise for being crap and starting a topic/idea that I didnt follow thru on. Unfortunately I've learnt that work doesnt allow for the unlimited creative thinking and writing time that unemployment allowed me when I wrote Ab:FA

Now I'm richer, have a larger game collection and living in a nice place, but I've had to stop writing through lack of time, energy and motivation. Pros and Cons to everything.

Anyway I definately think that helping out the Europnet boys are the way to go- just make sure to sneak in some subversive humour!

Best of luck

SJE

SJE

Archived